This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Lenormand - My passion

Lenormand decks are coming into more popular use as their secrets are now being revealed and deck creators more frequently explore their unique aesthetic. Come here to discuss these ascending beauties.
Hugh
Seeker

Lenormand - My passion

Post by Hugh »

Okay so I admit it, 36 Little Cards have stolen my heart. After decades of reading Tarot I find myself rarely reading them any longer. Lenormand, okay Kipper and Gypsy Cards as well, have taken over my divination life. I read the Cards for a Living and have found my clients respond better to readings with these Systems - have you by chance used these little beauties for any of your clients or friends and if so what has you feedback been from them?
As well I must say upfront, I read by System/Card Meaning primarily and add Intution as the final layer of the any reading with these Cards and that only when needed. Some people balk at not using Intution - how would you feel about that also?
I am looking forward to hopefully finding this forum a Lenormand friendly world, FB has it’s draw backs with the threads getting lost and “twisted” so here to this working out better.
Viva Lenormand!!
CharlotteK
Sage

Re: Lenormand - My passion

Post by CharlotteK »

I am a Tarot reader of about three years but I have a Kipper deck and a handful of Lenormand decks that I am very keen to learn how to use. I love Tarot but the simplicity and 'literalness' of Lenormand really appeals. I have Andy Boroveshenga's book - just waiting until I have time to read it!

I hope this forum develops a lively Lenormand section too. It will be great to have people to talk to when I've picked.up some basics. I am hoping that we can get some kind of Lenormand practice up and running too if other beginners would find it useful.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh YES, Lenormand! I bought my first Lenormand deck many years ago in Germany when it had not yet been discovered in the English speaking world, and whenever I read with them, I'm fascinated by their precision and pragmatism. I'm also fascinated by playing cards (Hungarian, Spanish, German) and by the beautiful Deste Katina deck. I don't own Kipper or Gypsy cards but in Germany they're everywhere and I've been eyeing them whenever I'm there.

I'd LOVE to see a lively Lenormand discussion here, and even more a learning opportunity. It's a pity I don't use the decks I have more often.
Flaxen
Seer

Post by Flaxen »

I love using Lenormand and Kipper cards too. They offer very down-to-earth practical readings I find. Lots of people prefer me to read with them - sometimes you just want the nuts and bolts of the issue laid bare rather than coming in from a more spiritual perspective.
Tag Jorrit
Seer

Post by Tag Jorrit »

Hugh wrote: 22 May 2018, 20:36 As well I must say upfront, I read by System/Card Meaning primarily and add Intution as the final layer of the any reading with these Cards and that only when needed. Some people balk at not using Intution - how would you feel about that also?
Yes, intuition. Of course. But that is employed only after the language of Lenormand is thoroughly learned, understood and applied. That's what gives life to the readings.
Hugh wrote: 22 May 2018, 20:36 I am looking forward to hopefully finding this forum a Lenormand friendly world, FB has it’s draw backs with the threads getting lost and “twisted” so here to this working out better.
Viva Lenormand!!
Absolutely! FB is not a format that is user friendly in that multiple threads can't be read and participated in concurrently without having to excavate through many threads that are not necessarily of interest to everyone. This forum format, in my estimation, is vastly superior.

Viva Cult of Tarot!
Cards are cards, just pieces of cardboard. What is important is the intent we give them.
Serge Pirotte
Want some antique repro cards? Visit https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/
Midnight
Seeker

Post by Midnight »

Hugh wrote: 22 May 2018, 20:36 Okay so I admit it, 36 Little Cards have stolen my heart. After decades of reading Tarot I find myself rarely reading them any longer. Lenormand, okay Kipper and Gypsy Cards as well, have taken over my divination life. I read the Cards for a Living and have found my clients respond better to readings with these Systems - have you by chance used these little beauties for any of your clients or friends and if so what has you feedback been from them?
As well I must say upfront, I read by System/Card Meaning primarily and add Intution as the final layer of the any reading with these Cards and that only when needed. Some people balk at not using Intution - how would you feel about that also?
I am looking forward to hopefully finding this forum a Lenormand friendly world, FB has it’s draw backs with the threads getting lost and “twisted” so here to this working out better.
Viva Lenormand!!
Hi Hugh, I too have started using Lenormand after a decade of solely using tarot cards. They seem to give me a clearer reading. I haven't used them with my clients just yet as I don't feel experienced enough at this point. I think it's absolutely fine to use the card meaning as your primary means of interpretation! I think that's standard practice isn't it? ;) Oh, and I know what you mean about FB. The more people in those groups, the more threads/posts get lost. It's much better discussing tarot/Lenormand on a forum, in my opinion.
ParsifalsWheel
Seer

Post by ParsifalsWheel »

Hugh wrote: 22 May 2018, 20:36 Okay so I admit it, 36 Little Cards have stolen my heart. After decades of reading Tarot I find myself rarely reading them any longer. Lenormand, okay Kipper and Gypsy Cards as well, have taken over my divination life. I read the Cards for a Living and have found my clients respond better to readings with these Systems - have you by chance used these little beauties for any of your clients or friends and if so what has you feedback been from them?
Viva Lenormand!!
I too experienced an epiphany when I first ran into Andy Boroveshengra on the Aeclectic Tarot forum a few years ago; he pointed me at the Philippe Lenormand Sheet and the Grand Tableau, and I never looked back. I had been reading tarot since 1972 and found that the large format of the GT was a perfect outlet for my love of complex, multi-layered spreads. People I read for respond really well to my Lenormand readings, especially when I use the Gilded Reverie deck (although lately I've been using more traditional decks). Regarding intuitive interpretation, take a look at what I just posted regarding keeping my imagination on a "tight rein and a short leash" when approaching a Lenormand reading.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

If the Lenormand is that straightforward and analytical, then it might be a good fit for me. I'm not very intuitive yet so I won't have a problem there.
Start strong
End stronger
Grizabella
Seer

Post by Grizabella »

Where intuition comes in with Lenormand, in my experience, is learning to read card combinations. It's receiving the intuitive flash on combinations and relationships between the cards rather than "this card means this, and that card means that" as some Tarot readers read, if you know what I mean. That's how I started out, too.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.

Return to “All things Lenormand”