This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Thoth: dodalisque reads for crowcallsthenight

Participants in the June Tarot Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the June Tarot Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
dodalisque
Sage

Thoth: dodalisque reads for crowcallsthenight

Post by dodalisque »

Hi there. I don't think we've met before. Do you have a question or a particular area of your life you need more information about from the mighty Thoth?
Crowcallsthenight
Seer

Re: Thoth: dodalisque reads for crowcallsthenight

Post by Crowcallsthenight »

Hello, dodalisque
We haven't met before, it's lovely to make your acquaintance ๐Ÿ˜Š
I've recently agreed to let a friend move into my spare room and my question is, how will this decision affect the dynamic between us?
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Question: I've recently agreed to let a friend move into my spare room and my question is, how will this decision affect the dynamic between us?

IMG_1243.JPG

Card 1= Kether, the Crown - the focus of the matter
5 of Cups -Disappointment - Mars (power) in Scorpio (decay)

Card 2= Chokmah, Wisdom - modifying influence
8 of Wands - Swiftness - Mercury (thinking) in Sagitarius (optimistic)

Card 3 = Binah, Understanding - modifying influence
6 of Wands - Victory - Jupiter (abundance) in Leo (self-fulfillment)

Card 4= The answer to the question
10 of Wands - Oppression - Saturn (blockage) in Sagitarius (enthusiasm)

Jeepers, the Thoth is not pulling any punches this time. First of all I should say that only Minor cards came up in the reading, so this situation is not a matter of life or death. Your friendship is probably such that if the new arrangement is not working out you will both be able to laugh about it and look for alternatives. Out of four cards drawn, three Wands appeared, which suggests that this is a business arrangement and was arrived at so as to allow you both to save energy for other projects. Perhaps it helps to reduce travel time or allows you to split chores. It might also suggest that you are both fiery characters.

The 5 of Cups in the Crown position suggests that the decision to move in together was undertaken not in the spirit of joyful experiment but as a result of "disappointment". You and/or your friend may be recovering from an emotional setback, such as the end of a relationship or a period of demoralising unemployment, and you need to share a space out of necessity. The two wilted lotus blossoms may indicate that you are both in need of sympathetic company at this moment in time. As far as the balance of your relationship is concerned this probably places your friend in your debt. It is your space so she will inevitably feel in a somewhat inferior position. This may lead her to overcompensate by being more assertive than usual.

The 5 empty chalices and the stems linking them are arranged in the shape of an inverted pentagram, which reinforces the idea of financial or practical difficulties. Nevertheless the stems in the lower half of the card are in the shape of a butterfly and their two heart-shaped leaves meet at the top of the card to form a gloriously expansive heart shape. This implies that the decayed beauty of the past blossoms into love. This confirms my suspicion that your friend is the battered butterfly and you are showing your love for her by helping her out.

Cards 2 and 3 seem to represent the two of you. They are both Wands so of course they are friends. Card 3 on the left I take to be you because the 6 is in the sephiroth of Tiphareth, the heart, and your gesture of inviting your friend to live with you is an act of loyalty and love. You are optimistic that the new arrangement will be a "victory", a harmonious success. Successful (6) battle (Wands).

The 6 of Wands suggests that you only feel comfortable when energies are harmoniously combined. You like things orderly and have your own established ways. The neat interlacing of the wands indicates a tidy, well-organised person. In contrast, on the right, your friend the 8 of Wands, is a ball of explosive electrical energy. Eagerness (fire) to make changes (8). Will that level of energy be easy for you to handle on a daily basis? You have the role of calming her down.

Card 4, the answer to the question, may not be a satisfactory answer to your question, but I see, against a background of fire and burnt sticks, two iron wills.

But as I said earlier, all the cards are Minors, so we might be talking about little irritations here and there rather than a full-blown Crowleyesque Game of Thrones encounter.
Crowcallsthenight
Seer

Post by Crowcallsthenight »

dodalisque wrote: โ†‘30 Jun 2019, 05:28 The 5 of Cups in the Crown position suggests that the decision to move in together was undertaken not in the spirit of joyful experiment but as a result of "disappointment". You and/or your friend may be recovering from an emotional setback, such as the end of a relationship or a period of demoralising unemployment, and you need to share a space out of necessity. The two wilted lotus blossoms may indicate that you are both in need of sympathetic company at this moment in time.
This is pretty spot on

Two iron wills ๐Ÿ˜€ That also makes sense. He loves to provoke me and I like watching him realise how I'm right ๐Ÿ˜‚
It does seem a bit grim for a living situation, especially in terms of placement; all that fire under a watery five. Reminds me of that theory about frogs, in pots of water. If you bring the heat up slowly they won't hop out in time to save themselves ๐Ÿค”

We do have a complicated history and the burnt embers
that you speak of in the ten can feel like the ashes of a forge. Things were moulded and shaped in those flames. Tempered steel is not meant to break as easily but perhaps not always a pleasant experience for the metal. Still, most of my close friends were made in similar ways, shared interests and almost too much time together until you wouldn't be the same person without their influence on your life. I will miss him when he finds his own place ๐Ÿ’” but not as much as I will miss his puppy dog ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ€
I have been feeling like I need more time to myself. My children may have something to do with that ๐Ÿ™ƒ but HE is leaving the toilet lid up....does he flush that way? ! Egads! The germs are in the air! !!!!!

Thank you for your reading, I can only apologise for how long it took me to post my feedback
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Thanks for the feedback. Funny, I seemed to have a very clear narrative in my head while I was doing the reading, but it never once occurred to me that your friend might be male. I wonder if that would have changed my response to the cards. I guess I'm not ready just yet to declare myself a fully operational psychic. Better luck next time. But this reading did give me a taste for the Thoth. That was the first time I had ever read with the deck and I think I might stick with it for a while until I get to know it better.

Return to โ€œ06 June Tarot Reading Circleโ€