This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Thoth Reading Circle Sign-ups

Participants in the June Tarot Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the June Tarot Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Thoth Reading Circle Sign-ups

Post by Joan Marie »

This month in the Tarot reading circle I thought we could try something new and focus on the Thoth tarot.

Because the Thoth is so layered with meaning, I think everyone will approach this spread a little differently. Different people will focus on different aspects of the Thoth in their reading. So, whatever point you are at in your Thoth studies, use that!

Additionally, I think this will be a big learning exercise, in that we will all learn from each other.

Here is the spread:

Esoteric-Tarot-Spread-300x289.png

Looks simple, no?

Card "0" is the sitter. It is the significator, or the will, the action to be taken at the end of the reading, the answer to the question.

Cards 1, 2, & 3 represent the first 3 Sephiroth of the Tree of Life.

Briefly,
1= Kether, The Crown - Focus of the matter

Cards 2 (Chokmah, Wisdom) and 3 (Binah, Understanding) are the modifying influences of the other two cards.

You may have an understanding of the dignities to apply here. You may be acquainted with the Kabbalah and apply that. You may be depending on the keywords on the cards for meanings. bring whatever game you've got to this. It's all good. And good practice.

Don't forget, these reading are free so go ahead and take a shot, go out on a limb. it's not like you'll have to give anyone their money back. 😎$€£Β₯

And the feedback can be really helpful.

And who knows, maybe you're a Thoth natural.

So please join us. You are more than cordially invited. The red carpet is out.

Sign-ups will be open thru June 9th.
I will assign partners on the 10th.
Readings due by the 25th to give time for feedback before the end of the month.

So, just click "Post Reply" and tell us your in!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Thoth Reading Circle Sign-ups

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'll go, as long as we're interpreting the idea of Thoth broadly enough to include Tabula Mundi.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: ↑03 Jun 2019, 15:28 I'll go, as long as we're interpreting the idea of Thoth broadly enough to include Tabula Mundi.
Absolutely.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I would like to join this circle as well. Gave it a bit of thought, and decided, why not? I will using the Tabula Mundi as well! :mrgreen:
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Yes, please.
Crowcallsthenight
Seer

Post by Crowcallsthenight »

Hello Thoth Reading Circle 😊 I don't feel I understand this deck enough to try and do a reading but I would love to follow this group discussion, if that's okay with everyone?
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Crowcallsthenight wrote: ↑07 Jun 2019, 08:53 Hello Thoth Reading Circle 😊 I don't feel I understand this deck enough to try and do a reading but I would love to follow this group discussion, if that's okay with everyone?
I understand the feeling, I don't feel I know enough myself! :mrgreen:
Crowcallsthenight
Seer

Right?! The more I learn, the more I realise how much there is to learn :shock: :? :geek:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Crowcallsthenight wrote: ↑07 Jun 2019, 08:53 Hello Thoth Reading Circle 😊 I don't feel I understand this deck enough to try and do a reading but I would love to follow this group discussion, if that's okay with everyone?
Of course you are more than welcome to follow along, but think about just joining in. There's no risk, just fun and learning. :P
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Crowcallsthenight wrote: ↑07 Jun 2019, 13:41 Right?! The more I learn, the more I realise how much there is to learn :shock: :? :geek:
If you have a compatible deck, I'd highly encourage you to join in. Everyone here is easy going and friendly. Except for me, of course. But I like you so far, so I'll be easy going and friendly too. :lol:
I believe in Crystal Light.
Crowcallsthenight
Seer

Joan Marie wrote: ↑07 Jun 2019, 14:04
Of course you are more than welcome to follow along, but think about just joining in. There's no risk, just fun and learning. :P
Okay. I'll do it! πŸ˜‚ Not quite my Mt Everest but I am quietly proud of setting up base camp 😎
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Hot drinks for all!
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Crowcallsthenight wrote: ↑07 Jun 2019, 13:41 Right?! The more I learn, the more I realise how much there is to learn :shock: :? :geek:
It never ends! :mrgreen: :ugeek: :?:

Return to β€œ06 June Tarot Reading Circle”