This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Archive/ Samples: Ripped from the Headlines

Test your prediction skills using actual news and entertainment events. (Please see instructions)
Forum rules
chiscotheque
Sage

Archive/ Samples: Ripped from the Headlines

Post by chiscotheque »

Now and again a couple tarot friends and myself ask about current events in the news, usually in a past/present/future 3 card spread. I would like to suggest maybe there could be a separate forum for this, but short of that, I just propose it be done here.
for instance, how will the upcoming North Korea/South Korea/USA meetings turn out?

I pulled these 3 cards from the Shakespeare Tarot:
banquo.jpg
lavinia.jpg
The attachment ace staffs.jpg is no longer available

8 of Crowns - Banquo: suggests a line of hereditary descent, possible madness, violence, darkness, things other than expected.

8 of Swords - Lavinia : suggests transgression and extreme violence used in part to silence the victim, but the truth will out - destructive as that is. in the long run, however, Lavinia becomes the mother of Rome.

The Ace of Staffs - suggests hope - things burn out and run their course but also structural foundations on which to build shelter [unless that's a missile silo we're looking up...]

any thoughts?
Attachments
ace staffs.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Re: Archive/ Samples: Ripped from the Headlines

Post by Nemia »

All I can say is WOW what a deck and how wonderful to see it in action. Kim and Trump seem a bit mundane for such a magical deck :lol:
Penelope
Seeker

Post by Penelope »

What an interesting idea. And this spread certainly looks to make a lot of sense.
CláudiaBoechat
Seeker

Post by CláudiaBoechat »

Muito bom!
CláudiaBoechat
Seeker

Post by CláudiaBoechat »

Vou fazer algo semelhante analisando a situação do meu país, atualmente um caos. O Brasil. Usarei apenas os arcanos maiores.
Carta 1) Situação atual: Os Amantes (6)
Carta 2) O que pode melhorar a situação: O Louco (0)
Carta 3) O que pode piorar a situação: O Carro (7)
Carta 4) O que pode acontecer em breve: O Enforcado (12)
Carta 5) Conselho do tarô para a população brasileira (esse é um ano eleitoral): O Julgamento (20)
Minha leitura:
O momento atual é de muitas dúvidas e importantes escolhas. Há muito questionamento. Olhar para o futuro, buscando o novo e correr riscos para chegar lá é positivo. Olhar o crescimento econômico, o progresso a qualquer custo é negativo. O país enfrentará recessão e estagnação enquanto o povo não passar a analisar a situação atual de uma forma diferente. O conselho é aprender com o passado para não repetir erros. Chegou a hora de amadurecer, mas isso não é possível sem uma visão histórica.
O que acham? Gostaria que outras pessoas analisassem a sequência de cartas.
Não consegui anexar a imagem das cartas.
chiscotheque
Sage

Re: Current Events Reading - Brazil

Post by chiscotheque »

Claudia, I wish I knew what deck you used - and Portuguese.
Lovers for Present could suggest commitments gotten into without proper counsel or experience; a hobson's choice; cold feet; exchanging one obligation for another.
the Fool as what could improve matters may indicate a wait and see attitude, or a reliance on chance and providence; maybe not over-thinking things; maybe a solution outside the normal structure; or maybe nothing (0) will help the situation.
The Chariot as what will make things worse could mean egos will get in the way, and get nowhere; possibly alludes to people grandstanding and acting roles; maybe forces pulling in opposite directions which causes stasis and deadlock.
Judgment as what is needed may imply a long-term view and/or goal; a spiritual path; heavenly aid; and/or a total vanquishing of the old order.
Tarot_scholar
Seer

Post by Tarot_scholar »

1) Current Situation: The Lovers (6)
2) What can improve the situation: The Fool (0)
3) What can make the situation worse: The Chariot (7)
4) What may happen soon: The Hanged Man (12)
5) Tarot Council for the Brazilian population (this is an election year): Judgment (20)

Well, I wish I knew what was going on in Brazil! But it looks right now like someone made a poor decision, like a really poor one, and NO ONE is happy about it. (For some reason I thought of a trade agreement, perhaps one that's only beneficial to a few elites rather than the entire nation?) If this is an election year, whatever new party or candidate (or if there's no notable NEW party, then whichever one is popular with the younger population) -- if they win -- is going to prioritize stringing up whoever's responsible (or whoever they THINK is responsible), for better or for worse. Judgment to me suggests that the old order needs to be booted out, but if you go too far with cleaning house (the Chariot) then you end up even worse than when you started. Reorganization and streamlining leading to "purges" and the like, or dismantling a broken system rather than attempting to fix it.

Fingers crossed for you, Brazil!
Vox Populi
Seer

Post by Vox Populi »

I know that the Brazilian government are going back on their word and selling massive swathes of the rain forests to huge 1st world conglomerates, decimating ancient tribes and wild life and the fragile eco-systems. I thought about The Hanged Man and The Chariot as soon as I saw it. If you sell your country's soul to make a few people rich, and to pay off huge external and international debts, and for short term economic development, then nothing good is going to come out of that. They are being sweet talked and honey trapped (the Lovers) by totally ruthless companies and 1st worlds governments (and the flip side of the Lovers is the Devil). It's Not just history either that is going to condemn them (Judgement).
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I think it would be nice to have a separate forum category for this. I've done some readings lately and it would be nice to be able to share them. I wasn't sure where to post them.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

BlueStar wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 08:25 I think it would be nice to have a separate forum category for this. I've done some readings lately and it would be nice to be able to share them. I wasn't sure where to post them.
There is a Your Readings part of the forum that would be appropriate.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Hello!

I am reviving this game with a kind of new format. I don't want to delete this thread, so please just use it for reference.

Every new reading should open a fresh topic.

Please see the new guidelines/rules for how to play Ripped From the Headlines.

Thank you!!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Ripped From the Headlines!”