This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Brittany Spears Conservatorship

Test your prediction skills using actual news and entertainment events. (Please see instructions)
Forum rules
casique
Seer

Brittany Spears Conservatorship

Post by casique »

After snooping around the forum a bit I realize I am in the minority as an American, but maybe this will appeal to those of you across the pond as well.

I am a bit old to have been a Brittany Spears fan, but her circumstance of being locked in a conservatorship where she has no control over her life, money, or choices is devastating to me and it is something I just recently learned about.

For background from my understanding: back in 2007 she had a breakdown. She was suffering from Post Partum depression and was constantly under attack from the paparazzi. Her father ended up getting conservatorship over her (pretty much what you would do if you had an elderly parent who could no longer make life choices due to dementia or very diminished intellectual capacity). Fast forward 13 years and she is still under this conservatorship. She has been forced to work and has no access to her money accept for an allowance. Her father still has conservatorship over her finances and another woman was appointed to manage her life. There has been a movement (fan driven) to "free Brittany" and last week she made a statement to the court (not a sworn testimony but a statement) that she wishes to petition the court to end the conservatorship. As of right now it is not ended, but her lawyer (who was appointed by the conservatorship not chosen by her) has resigned along with a manager.

So my question: What will be the outcome of Brittany Spears petition to end the conservatorship?
3 card spread. Robin Wood deck
Queen of Pentacles, Chariot, Queen of wands
Even though she is not in control of her wealth, it is still hers and that gives her some power. She is starting to recognize how valuable she is to those who are involved in this. The people involved are realizing they have lost hold of the reins, even though they are still technically the drivers. They are keeping up appearances to try and control the narrative but right now are not sure which direction to go--do they give up the control and save face by relinquishing their power over her and creating an image of being fully in support of her as a grown woman capable of making her own choices? Or do they push to continue the narrative that she is incapable and they need to continue to manage her life for her own good? In the end she will come out of this a free woman and inspired to work towards reforming the system that failed her for so long. I see her coming out of this and showing the world that she is not the unhinged young mother being pushed to her limits in 2007. She will be a force to reckon with once this is all over.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Brittany Spears Conservatorship

Post by Joan Marie »

casique wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 17:33 In the end she will come out of this a free woman and inspired to work towards reforming the system that failed her for so long. I see her coming out of this and showing the world that she is not the unhinged young mother being pushed to her limits in 2007. She will be a force to reckon with once this is all over.
You nailed this one!

And I especially am impressed by your comment about the system that got Brittany into all this mess.

There are a lot of very regular people in this world who are being victimised by the conservatorship system. Of course it has a purpose but far too often people take advantage of it and ruin other people's lives. It is especially a problem for the elderly. Brittany's fight has shined a much needed light on this issue and hopefully will continue to.

That was a great topic for a "Ripped from the Headlines" reading!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
WaterPuppy
Seer

Post by WaterPuppy »

casique wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 17:33 What will be the outcome of Brittany Spears petition to end the conservatorship?
3 card spread. Robin Wood deck
Queen of Pentacles, Chariot, Queen of wands
Thank you for your post

Could I ask you if you used upright cards only, or both upright and reversal (and it just so happened that these 3 cards were upright)?
Spring comes and goes,
Grass grows, and I
Scoop dog poop.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

I only came across this story yesterday and had to google exactly what 'conservatorship' meant. Pretty shocking. Great reading, casique.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC

Return to “Ripped From the Headlines!”