This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Haiku

See your readings as poetry using this ancient Japanese technique.
Forum rules
Pen
Sage

Re: TdM Haiku

Post by Pen »

I thought it funny the way the knight looks so cross, sword at the ready (possibly to keep the lion from escaping or even rescuing him), but the horse looks slightly amused. And yes, the Tower keeps showing up in spite of the fact that I just fan the cards into a line, close my eyes and pick up one at a time.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Pen wrote: 20 Mar 2022, 07:06 1) Strength: Extracting a tooth
2) Knight of Swords: May provoke mixed reactions
3) The Tower: But worse things happen...

I thought it funny the way the knight looks so cross, sword at the ready (possibly to keep the lion from escaping or even rescuing him), but the horse looks slightly amused. And yes, the Tower keeps showing up in spite of the fact that I just fan the cards into a line, close my eyes and pick up one at a time.
Yes, I notice it now, that white line just under the horse's chin makes it look as though its mouth is slightly open and smiling. And his rider's furious face is all scrunched up in a frown. I like the look of strain on the woman's face in the Dodal. It's more noticeable in the Flornoy deck. If she's battling to control her own animal nature, I don't think she should be as calm and unruffled as she is in most TdMs. I get the feeling Jean Dodal knew what it was to struggle with his own demons. The slightly depressive, cynical look on a number of the faces is one of the main attractions of the deck for me. The cheerful, young faces on the Madenie are more beautiful but perhaps a bit bland in comparison. Maybe a little like comparing Dostoyevsky to E.M. Forster, or something like that. We are both on a streak with The Tower. I notice it even showed up in your most recent Tarot Haiku as well. I pulled 3 cards twice today and got The Tower both times. I'm still thinking about what to do with them. It goes like that sometimes, doesn't it. I was plagued for months by the Star card and then by the Chariot. Sometimes it's downright embarrassing how the perfect card insists on showing up in a reading.

Strength: The fight to control
Knight of Swords: Our runaway emotions
Tower: Can be damaging
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

dodalisque wrote:
Strength: The fight to control
Knight of Swords: Our runaway emotions
Tower: Can be damaging
I like yours - it's more meaningful. I seem to have this compulsion to go with the first idea that comes into my head...
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC

Return to “Tarot Haiku”