This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Improvised Zen Aphorisms

See your readings as poetry using this ancient Japanese technique.
Forum rules
Pen
Sage

Improvised Zen Aphorisms

Post by Pen »

I thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread for these rather than confuse the Haiku threads. Here's my first using three cards selected by dodalisque from the Osho Zen Tarot.

Osho 7.JPG
Osho 7.JPG (37.54 KiB) Viewed 2399 times

Remember the joy, the colour of PLAYFULNESS when all is grey inside. Postpone POSTPONEMENT, embrace COURAGE now - rescue your inner child.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
dodalisque
Sage

Re: Improvised Zen Aphorisms

Post by dodalisque »

Hi Pen, I moved a few aphorisms over to here from the Tarot Haiku thread. They are the ones I did earlier.

IMG_1858.JPG

6 of Wands / Queen of Swords / 3 of Coins
The secret of SUCCESS is to look beyond MORALITY for GUIDANCE

Queen of Wands / Star / Knight of Cups
By SHARING its joy SILENCE inspires our TRUST
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

IMG_1885.JPG

7 of Cups / 10 of Cups / Empress
Our PROJECTIONS establish HARMONY between what we see and what we expect to see, CREATIVITY does the opposite.

or maybe,

To disentangle our PROJECTIONS from the truth requires HARMONY of heart and mind and tireless CREATIVITY.

King of Swords / 8 of Coins / Knight of Wands
When rigid extremes CONTROL us we become divided, ORDINARINESS allows us to enjoy one-pointed INTENSITY.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Pen wrote: 25 Feb 2022, 08:35 Remember the joy, the colour of PLAYFULNESS when all is grey inside. Postpone POSTPONEMENT, embrace COURAGE now - rescue your inner child.
When your brain surgeon exhibits excessive PLAYFULNESS, not requesting a POSTPONEMENT of your operation requires COURAGE.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

dodalisque wrote: Hi Pen, I moved a few aphorisms over to here from the Tarot Haiku thread. They are the ones I did earlier.
Good idea. :)
When your brain surgeon exhibits excessive PLAYFULNESS, not requesting a POSTPONEMENT of your operation requires COURAGE.
Hopefully this is a case of lateral/creative thinking but I'm afraid to ask... Hope all is OK.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Pen wrote: 26 Feb 2022, 17:45 Hopefully this is a case of lateral/creative thinking but I'm afraid to ask... Hope all is OK.
No, I'm fine, thanks for asking. But you're reading my mind: recently some of the things in the discussion in the TdM Haiku thread brought Edward de Bono and lateral thinking to mind. When we were teenagers his ideas were extremely popular but I hadn't thought about him for decades. My friends in big business tell me that it has become quite common these days for managers to consult the tarot for new approaches to problems. "The Bright Idea Tarot" by Mark McElroy, which is a very well thought-out RWS-style deck with contemporary imagery, was designed specifically for this purpose. Essentially they are using tarot as a stimulus for lateral thinking. And people in tarot often use the cards, especially the way EE reads with the TdM, as a way of applying lateral thinking to their own lives. Maybe this is a synchronistic nudge to get me to dig de Bono's books out of the basement. I'm not quite sure if I approve of using a spiritual tool for business, but Wands is one of the suits - business suit? - so maybe it's OK.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Osho Tarot

Osho 3.JPG
Osho 3.JPG (43.77 KiB) Viewed 2287 times

Don't drop the BURDEN of your PAST LIVES at the MISER's gate - you'll need it when you leave...
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Pen wrote: 01 Mar 2022, 09:13 Don't drop the BURDEN of your PAST LIVES at the MISER's gate - you'll need it when you leave...
That's a good one. Yeah, the Miser in you would want to hang onto that burden and that would delay your evolution.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Osho Zen 9

Osho9.JPG
Osho9.JPG (42.01 KiB) Viewed 2113 times

When the burden of Guilt is Slowing Down progress, Break through the event horizon! Welcome to the present.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Osho Zen #6

Osho6.JPG

When Meditation reaches maturity the spinning wheel will fade and Change. Stress less, dance no more to the monkey's manic beat.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC

Return to “Tarot Haiku”