This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The Divine Sentence Game

A one sentence Round-Robin game using any divination technique you choose.
Forum rules
faolan
Seeker

Re: The Divine Sentence Game

Post by faolan »

Hello fellow Libran. I have drawn three cards from the Golden Dawn Tarot. The Knight of Pentacles, the Knight of Swords and the four of Wands.
You can feel satisfied with regard to work you have completed in the past year, there were times, I feel, when a certain amount of courage was needed, when maybe you felt you were rushing into something, but it was the right thing to do. Now, you can take things easier,
My question is, Will my health improve?
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

faolan wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 01:09 My question is, Will my health improve?
Answer: Three of Wands

Yes it will, but you'd have to be proactive and work on it - visit actual doctors, follow their orders, take your medicine, eat well, get sufficient daily exercise, and all that.

My question: Kindly recommend a novel way of having fun this Halloween.
Start strong
End stronger
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Amoroso wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 02:43 My question: Kindly recommend a novel way of having fun this Halloween.
I had the idea to do an "open a book and stab my finger somewhere" to get an answer for you.
Oddly enough, on my desk by chance is sitting a paperback "Spirits of the Dead: Tales and Poems" by Edgar Allen Poe. (I found it earlier today and tossed it on the desk to put away later.)

My finger landed on the first stanza of his poem, Ulalume. Here is what it said:

The skies they were ashen and sober;
The leaves they were crispéd and sere—
The leaves they were withering and sere;
It was night in the lonesome October
Of my most immemorial year;
It was hard by the dim lake of Auber,
In the misty mid region of Weir—
It was down by the dank tarn of Auber,
In the ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir.

Not bad, eh? I think you should take a walk in some dark scary woods my friend.
(btw- I'm sort of freaked out at how perfect that is. ) 🎃

poe 1.jpg
poe2.jpg

My Question: How can I best connect with the magic of this Fall season?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

My last question had no takers, so I'll try a new one:

Can someone tell me in a divine sentence if my new neighbour and I will become friends?
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

Hi, can I call dibs on this? I'm just doing the reading now and will post later:)
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I used my new Kipper cards for this to practise with, with a 5 card spread I found recently from a Lenormand user. The spread goes from left to right:
1. Past, what has led to the current situation, 2. Obstacles/Benefits, 3. The situation at hand, 4.Advice, 5. Outcome
The cards drawn were:

1. 39-Community 2. 25-High Honours 3. 20-House 4. 26-Great Fortune 5. 26-Thoughts
COT_DivineSG_JM.jpg
I think this says effort and work you put in to become friends will be successful (but beware of haughtiness or ego), take advantage of opportunities that arise to do so (maybe freely offer them friendship or kindness) and the result will be you both having good thoughts of each other.

My question: How can I best improve my tarot reading skills?
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

If anyone else wants to post a question to be used instead of mine above please feel free:) It would be nice to keep this thread going.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

BlueStar wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 18:24 My question: How can I best improve my tarot reading skills?
I'd love to keep this going.

What I did ... since I just did a tarot reading for you I figured I should use a different method. My eyes fell on my cell phone. I decided to look at the 17th of my way-too-many-open tabs, scroll down a bit without looking and then just stabbing my finger at a sentence.

And the sentence is ....

"What is the dark side of the moon?"

My question is:

What can help me be really good to myself in terms of eating?
Monica
Seeker

Post by Monica »

Jaq -
king of swords, and the high priestess

divine sentence:

"HEY WAKE UUP, think logically! what are you DOING?! UUUUH!!!! we know you already know the answer to the question!!"

haha sorry I wish it could be more helpful XD

My question:

How can I make life... better and more.. alive?
BOOO :evil:
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Ok, so, this is really weird ...

I read your question, looked to the right, and there are these bananas. Chiquita, they say. And the feeling is fun, warm, lighthearted.

So ... whatever fun, warm, lighthearted thing you associate with Chiquita ... ? (A vacation in Mexico? Watching the movie Mamma Mia?)

:)

What else can I do to keep the cold from going any further?
Monica
Seeker

Post by Monica »

omg ok.. the thing with bananas can resonate 100%! It is very weird since I can't explain it here XD Its a meme or troll account I made dedicated to bananas a few months ago on a different platform haha XD I remember that I had so much fun with it. Maybe I should get back to it?

Jaq -

The Empress, The Hierophant

"enjoy the time you have, and distract yourself by nurturing yourself. Relax, and spend time on allowing yourself to have some nice alone time, such as taking warm baths, painting, getting cozy, watching a movie"

Okay so I had a book and opened a random page and this is what it said:
"I crawled into my bed. Curled up in a ball under blankets and quilts, I lay shivering while Mom sat alone downstairs.
I prayed I prayed for River to come back safe. Somewhere in my prayers was the beginning of acceptance."
page 235, Donna Milner, After River

Its all about accepting and letting go! :D

My question:

"How can I increase my confidence?"
BOOO :evil:
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

Monica wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 15:20 My question:

"How can I increase my confidence?"
With the Archeon Tarot: 8 of Swords and Ace of Wands

"When feeling a lack of confidence, imagine it as temporary binds holding you back, and then visualise your strength of will and creativity burning through and allowing you to be passionate and assertive."

My question:

"Should I change my usual weekend routine?"
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Inspired by Daughters of the Moon Tarot: 10 of Flames - The Horah.

"Jewish dance was influenced by local non-Jewish dance traditions, but there were clear differences, mainly in hand and arm motions, with more intricate legwork by the younger men."

What could be a major point in my interview story?
TheColorsofSand
Seeker

Post by TheColorsofSand »

"The struggles of your past required great strength to endure and overcome- and these lessons are the foundation of your passion."
Alchemy 1977 Tarot
Strength, The Hanged Man, Knave of Wands

Where will I find myself at the end of the next month?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

TheColorsofSand wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 01:11 Where will I find myself at the end of the next month?
To divine this answer, I did one of my favorite techniques, opening a book to a random page and selecting the first sentence I see.

The book I chose was also the first I saw, called "Speak, Memory" by Valdimir Nabokov.

The sentence reads:
I have hunted butterflies in various climes and disguises: as a pretty boy in knickerbockers and sailor cap; as a lanky cosmopolitan expatriate in flannel bags and beret; as a fat hatless old man in shorts.
Nabokov, besides being a great writer, was a lifelong lepidopterist (one who studies butterflies and moths). It was his true passion in life.

My interpretation: At the end of next month you will find yourself engaging in your true passion.

My question: What 3 words should be my mantra for February?
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Joan Marie wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 10:58 My question: What 3 words should be my mantra for February?
Joker, vacation, possible.

On my table right now I see two joker cards from a playing card deck, and a mouse pad for the YouTube series "Vacation: Impossible". The message of the latter is that fun vacations, and lots of them, ARE possible. Can't help but make me think of your upcoming trip to the Tarot Convention!

My question is: I have a lot on my plate right now, all yummy stuff. How can I deal with it without imperiling my health?
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

My question is: I have a lot on my plate right now, all yummy stuff. How can I deal with it without imperiling my health?
[/quote]
155090293559670.jpeg

The Sun
You need to share it with people ! 🤣 You can still enjoying at the same time, distributing the portion to others, to reduce your burden also enhance the relationship in between you and those sharers.

My question :-
How to stay charm and attarctive even i am not beautiful at all?
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Myperception wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 06:28 My question :-
How to stay charm and attarctive even i am not beautiful at all?
From a random page from a book of poetry:

"She has dawn's golden tresses
curled in the palm of her own hand
circling her own knuckles"

It seems to me that that this sentences says you do have charm and beauty ("dawn's golden tresses") but somehow because they are so close to you, you can't acknowledge it. Specifically, I would look at the beautiful and charming parts of your hair and hands.

My question: What can I do to attract more poets to my poetry project?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jaq wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 22:33 My question: What can I do to attract more poets to my poetry project?
It's been a minute since you posted tis question jaq. Hope the answer is still relevant. And I hope we can kick up this thread again.

I opened a book to a random sentence. The book is Susan Sontag's , On Photography.

Here is the sentence:

"The whole of life may be summed up in a momentary appearance."

hmm.

The divine sentence: Maybe you need a nice compelling logo or graphic to go with whatever communications you make regarding your project.

my question:
I've just realized that a few trees in my garden, including a couple of real favorites, are dead, probably from the extremely hot dry summer we had last year. I need a sentence to sooth my heart about this.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

JM -
I've just realized that a few trees in my garden, including a couple of real favorites, are dead, probably from the extremely hot dry summer we had last year. I need a sentence to sooth my heart about this.

Answer:
(random page from a book about Hitchcock and art)

spellbound.jpg
redon.jpeg

"Life is but a dream within a dream, you are not it's target; ask not for whom or what the bell tolls, but face the music and dance."
(Ingrid Bergman has an arrow pointing at her throat in Dali's dream sequence for Hitchcock's Spellbound, and the neighboring image is Redon's drawing to E A Poe: a funeral mask tolls bell.)

(by the bye: I had this same unfortunate problem Joan Marie)

Question: "What should be the vibe, the focus, the salient tone of my new, burgeoning project?"

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

chiscotheque wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 16:13 Question: "What should be the vibe, the focus, the salient tone of my new, burgeoning project?"
Sorry to hear about your trees.

So, to answer your question, I flipped open a book of Aubrey Beardsley drawings and landed on this, it's called "Die Barke" (hard to translate, it's a special kind of gliding ship with no sail. )

aubrey.jpg

Your divine sentence: Proceed with style borne of elegance and refinement.

(By the way, for anyone familiar with Beardsley's work, you know what a chance I was taking using a book of his sketches to divine a message. )

Let's keep this going everybody, my question:

I have a room full of books that I have been promising to organise for months now. (It's become a running joke in my house.) The task seems too daunting. I need a sentence that will help me get started.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Joan Marie wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 10:36
jaq wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 22:33 My question: What can I do to attract more poets to my poetry project?
It's been a minute since you posted tis question jaq. Hope the answer is still relevant. And I hope we can kick up this thread again.

I opened a book to a random sentence. The book is Susan Sontag's , On Photography.

Here is the sentence:

"The whole of life may be summed up in a momentary appearance."

hmm.

The divine sentence: Maybe you need a nice compelling logo or graphic to go with whatever communications you make regarding your project.
Haha, it's been more than a minute :D

The first part of the project is over but there is a second, and who knows, third part, so your answer is still relevant. Thank you!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jaq wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 00:01
Haha, it's been more than a minute :D

The first part of the project is over but there is a second, and who knows, third part, so your answer is still relevant. Thank you!
I picked up the phrase "It's been a minute" on my last trip to the states. It's current slang meaning "a long time."
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... %20minute

Glad there's still some relevance to my response. I hope we can get this thread kicking again.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

thanks JM. not to impede the flow here, but bark is a term for a boat in English, just fallen out of usage - Shakespeare uses it to describe himself in the sonnets, and we see it in the terms embark and disembark.

re: your reading, i can use the advice. also, i see the beautiful people gliding along as though in a box in a theatre, lounging in a loge, and so read it in part as directing my aesthetics to the audience. hopefully it doesn't suggest i'm barking up the wrong tree...

as a guy with my own book-space issues, and going through this very issue right now as i am packing up a second house and only keeping the most "essential" books (ha), i want to read for your book dilemma - even if it threatens to become less of a forum and more of a dialogue. but here goes (after which i vow to bow out).

my spouse was literally going through her books, deciding which ones to keep. i was wondering if opening a book at random would be apt or insult to injury vis-a-vis a book-decluttering issue. she handed me a book i'd never seen and i decided to open it at random. it fell open to a pressed flower:
dvv.jpg
dvv.jpg (20.11 KiB) Viewed 3667 times

Q:
I have a room full of books that I have been promising to organise for months now. (It's become a running joke in my house.) The task seems too daunting. I need a sentence that will help me get started.
A: "The literary leaf you turn over must be literal; don't back-petal; books have their time and place like flowers - holding on is its own process of nostalghia which, once accomplished, is no longer pressing. By letting go, you may be surprised with what you find."

(i tried my darnedest to steer clear of Mary Kondo, but it wasn't easy)

so, my question...

Q: "Are my lingering doubts about my health founded, or is it some mild hypochondria?"

or, in case health questions are a faux pas, here's an alternative question:

Q: "With my upcoming move, which form of transport is better - driving or flying?"

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

chiscotheque wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 09:29 Q: "With my upcoming move, which form of transport is better - driving or flying?"
Is synchronicity a divination tool?

I'm sitting here in my garden on a quiet Sunday evening and I just read your question.
Instantly 4 little birds flew right at my eye level and at the same instant an airplane passed overhead.

I was wondering, does that mean chiscoteque should fly? I decided, yes it does.

So, my question:

Will the person (who I miss very much) who has been taking a break from this forum return soon?

Return to “The Divine Sentence Game”