This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

VAMP Tarot: Two of Jealousy/Wands + The Devil

Every pair of of cards is saying something. What do you think it is?
Forum rules
To play "Poor Relations" just post images of any two cards from any deck you choose. Consider how the cards relate to each other visually, symbolically, any way you like, and interpret them as a pair.

You can also interpret the cards in other posts.

Subject line: use the name of the Deck and the 2 cards you pulled
for example: RWS - 3 of Wands & 5 of Cups

This a free-form game, contribute to as many threads as many times as you like.

katrinka
Sage

VAMP Tarot: Two of Jealousy/Wands + The Devil

Post by katrinka »

With no question, I'm lacking context, but this is a shady pair!

It doesn't start too badly. It's always good to see low numbers in the Jealousy suit - the less, the better. But followed by the Devil, it can lead to major problems. Deal with issues while you can, before they become a major force that you can't handle. This really looks like a minor issue that blows up.

A more Hermetic read begins with creative fire and "oomph". And the Devil says go for it - but you may well be misunderstood. As Joe Campbell said, "The demon you can swallow gives you its power" - but you'll likely end up an outcast. Are you ready for that?

Qabalistically, this starts at Chokmah, then down to Tipareth, then to Hod. So all in all, whomp, whomp, whomp. *sad trombone*

My advice to most people would be "No. Don't do it." But under certain circumstances, for someone who's equipped to deal with the fallout - yes. Go for it.

Next!
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
AstralPasta
Sage

Re: VAMP Tarot: Two of Jealousy/Wands + The Devil

Post by AstralPasta »

I'm a well adjusted member of society who's life long dream has been to be a Terrifying Dominatrix with the Power to Bend Space and Time With Her Whip, but I'm worried about disappointing Mother.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
katrinka
Sage

Post by katrinka »

AstralPasta wrote: 30 Jun 2019, 23:33 I'm a well adjusted member of society who's life long dream has been to be a Terrifying Dominatrix with the Power to Bend Space and Time With Her Whip, but I'm worried about disappointing Mother.
You are someone who dares to dream big. Most of us would settle for being Wonder Woman, with hints of mild BDSM and a Lasso of Truth.

I asked the Vamp "What would AstralPasta's Mother say?" and got this:

There are two cards from the Fear suit here. The first advises that fear "pales the face" and makes us look intimidated, mousy, and sub-like - just the opposite of your true nature! And look at the second card - it says it all! Express your true nature and be respected! Courage is not an absence of fear, but pushing through it! Fear certainly didn't stop Cleopatra!

The great Vamps of history are cheering you on. As is Mother (who may have a few secrets of her own.)
"Protect your spirit, because you are in the place where spirits get eaten." - John Trudell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyb9mPfwNhs
Symph
Seer

Post by Symph »

My dialogue for the astral pasta mother's question.

"Oh YOU weren't allowed in the Stevie Nicks cover band either?" "No, and it's tearing my heart out!"

Return to “Poor Relations: A Game of Card Combinations”