This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Collision Watch: Week -10

A week-long reading activity designed to reacquaint you with your under-used decks as you connect with each day using the prism of the days of the week and the week's theme.
Forum rules
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Collision Watch: Week -10

Post by Joan Marie »

On July 27th the news was released that just the day before, July 26th 2019, the Earth came very close to colliding with a massive asteroid.

A collision with this object, called 2019 OK, would have been catastrophic for this planet. Lucky for us all, it whizzed by within 45,000 of Earth, only about one-fifth the distance to the Moon. I guess we were also lucky it didn't hit our Moon either.

So for this week's My Celestial Week exercise, let's think to ask our cards about things we might be well-advised to keep an eye out for, things we may not see coming, things we need to have our antennae poised to pick up on. This could be either things we may wish to avoid or also things we don't want to miss!

Here are some suggestions (and they are only suggestions) to help you find your way as you do your draws for each day with this in mind:

• Monday - Ruled by the Moon - What emotional energy will keep us tuned into this day? Also, for the "work-week?"
  • Tuesday - Ruled by Mars – Positive or negative energies that may be helping/hindering our success
  • Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury – Identify important contacts we should make, for our own or other's benefit
  • Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - Expressing gratitude.
  • Friday - Ruled by Venus – Think about the emotional needs of the people around you. Could you be missing something important?
  • Saturday - Ruled by Saturn – Any projects or chores that need attention before they get out of hand?
  • Sunday - Ruled by the Sun – Some attention to your inner radiance, perhaps? Something you need?

full 1024x1024.jpg

I wish you fun with this and hope the exercise leads to some wonderful ideas and inspirations for you.

(If you are new to My Celestial Week or want to know more about it, you can see this post.)

Also remember, you can jump in any time, the week starts when you start it.

So choose a deck for this week's exercise and begin when you are ready.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Collision Watch: Week -10

Post by Joan Marie »

This week I am using The Spirit Keeper's Tarot for 2 reasons. One is that I am in the process of learning this deck so this is a helpful exercise for that and ad also because I'm finding this deck is very good for me when trying to see into the future a bit and this week's my Celestial week seems to be looking at that.

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - What emotional energy will keep us tuned into this day? Also, for the "work-week?"

mon.jpg

Four of Swords - The Convalescent

This draw surprised me, but that is exactly appropriate for this week's focus on things we don't see coming!
I'm feeling very well physically and mentally after a few weeks of malaise. I'm ready to get on with a lot of things I've been putting off or going slowly on.

This card is reminding me to take care and not neglect my health and well-being just because I'm feeling strong. It could all go south very fast if I neglect the importance of sleep, eating and exercise as well as meditation and other self-care.

I'm really grateful for this message and will take it to heart. An earlier 3-card draw I did for my week was very positive and may have made me over-confident. In fact when I drew this card I had that, "Nah, this can't be right" feeling. A reminder to take care is indeed in order.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Tuesday - Ruled by Mars – Positive or negative energies that may be helping/hindering our success

4.jpg

The Shining Winds, The Knight of Swords

I'm going to need to work faster. Bu the good news is, the wind is beneath my wings, so to speak. I just need to understand that and feel it and let it lift me. This isn't about working "harder." It's about becoming one with the work, body and spirit and allowing it to take me where it will.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Oh, good, it's here! I have new decks and a new reading method I want to try out. I'll post something soon! Thanks!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I will be adding my reading tonight. As always, I look forward to these celestial readings.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - What emotional energy will keep us tuned into this day? Also, for the "work-week?"

Tuesday - Ruled by Mars – Positive or negative energies that may be helping/hindering our success

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury – Identify important contacts we should make, for our own or other's benefit

Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - Expressing gratitude.

Friday - Ruled by Venus – Think about the emotional needs of the people around you. Could you be missing something important?

Saturday - Ruled by Saturn – Any projects or chores that need attention before they get out of hand?

Sunday - Ruled by the Sun – Some attention to your inner radiance, perhaps? Something you need?
Thinking about collisions and near-misses. Monday starts with the wiley and untrustworthy page of swords, hiding more than he discolses. Emotional energy to tune into for upcoming week is being astute and hesitant with what is freely spread and shared. Restraint. This leads nicely into mar's day with the king of swords. The postives and negatives, well, it is good to cull what is unneeded and to sit with the power of discernmeny. But here I can also go overboard, cutting too much, being so guarded I fail to give things, people, projects, ambitions the space to grow and interact.

For mercury and important contact are those around me. Speaking up and being aware of those who are close, acknowledging them.

Jupiter and Venus meet here with gratitude I need to become aware of and what I'm potentially missing both in relationships and everything in between. The king of coins and the 8 of coins respectively. Where is the value, and am I conscious of the value of others in my life? How strong am I in seeing the good, what shines and holds merit. Conversely, how to share this acknowledgement with those around me? Questions to consider as I look at this pair...

Saturn, being aware of those close, being open, gracious, and loving with them is the receipe for avoiding collisions.

The sun cuts to the chase with the ace of swords. Inner radiance, what I need to bring forth? My desicive thrust cuts through all obstacles with a firm hand. I think it's clear that I need to bring this type of action for the upcoming week, as I cut through all the beffudlement surrounding near-misses. What lies ahead? well a level head can face anything.

20190730_214104-445x518.jpg
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury – Identify important contacts we should make, for our own or other's benefit

weds.jpg

The Golden Shield : Queen of Sceptors

This card tells me not to be afraid of approaching people I perceive as powerful or influential beyond my level. Of course this must be done with the greatest care and respect. But she is giving me the courage to go past my own limits and ask for access to places I've felt, not unwelcome, but maybe undeserving. I've been working very hard and maybe it's time to make some new peers.

She also reminds me that no one reaches high without having been pulled low a few times along the way. This Queen is a protector.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The first thing I did this morning (after checking my Kickstarter) was to write a message of thanks to all the people who stepped up and backed me the first day of my KS campaign.

Then when I came to this I saw that today is the day of expressing gratitude, and who I owe some thanks to, and by the week's theme, that I might be overlooking.

Then I drew

thurs1.jpg

The Stronghold of the Zephyrs - Page of Swords

The feeling I get from this card is "people who are not here" with me. But who are trying to help. It is the chrysanthemum and the owl who make me feel that. Maybe this is spirits from the past. Some I knew, some I only heard about.

The stronghold cards always have the envelope in the corner and the guidebook says when you get this, to pull another card and that will reveal the message. (I do love this. It reminds me of the kind of witchy games we played as kids.)

So for the message, I got this:

thurs 2.jpg

The 9 of Orbs (Pentacles)

The book says something about propelling me to success, recognition and so on. Yes this takes hard work on my part. But it's all for nothing without the support and encouragement and guidance of others.

So I wish today to express my deepest gratitude to all the people I've known or only known of, from the past and in the present, (and the future too I suppose!) who have listened, cared, influenced and inspired me. To everyone who has participated in, supported and encouraged me and my efforts.

This includes everyone on this forum, by the way.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Here's my week, an interesting one to be sure!

I’m using my brand new Tarot de Paris. I haven’t even done a new deck interview yet, but it has swords that look like swords, so I’m ready to read with it!

I’m using a reading method that I just read in Yoav Ben-Dov’s book, Tarot: The Open Reading, aka The Marseille Tarot Revealed: A Complete Guide to Symbolism, Meanings & Methods. For every position in a spread, lay down cards face up. If the card is a minor, keep going until you get a major on top of the stack. Then read all the cards in the stack in a row for that position meaning.

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - What emotional energy will keep us tuned into this day? Also, for the work-week?
Well, I got what I asked for. I got 11 cards for this position, ending with Force. So the most important emotional energy is determination. I need to just hang in there and get the work done. 3 of the 4 “varlets” are in the stack/row. I’m thinking that means I need to focus on serving my co-workers. I’m an assistant, so I should feel good about assisting them. The row starts with the 8 of Batons. I need to be prepared and plan my actions. In the row are the 2, 4 and 10 of Swords. I need to divide and conquer, keep my thoughts to myself, and toe the party line. We’re rounded out by 2 and 4 of Coins and 3 of Cups. I need to keep track of my stuff. I can express my emotions, but, taking into account the other cards here, express them cautiously. Or maybe only to my good friends. An interesting grouping too I that there are 3 cards in this row that have a makers mark area, but in this deck there is no maker’s name. The cards say “facit a Paris par” with a space for the name left blank. I’m taking that to mean that I should put some emotional energy into finishing what I start and taking credit for my work.

There are 6 cards in this row, topped with Le Soleil, a lady looking at herself in a hand mirror held up by a monkey, all under a shining sun. (Guess you had to be there.) Since it’s the Sun, I’ll say there is plenty of positive energy for success, but, considering the illustration, I shouldn’t let it go to my head! In the row are the 4 and 6 of Batons, so we’re definitely positive for success. There are also the 8 and King of Cups, meaning I should consider whether that success comes at an emotional price. And the Chevalier de Deniers is here just to remind me that success comes from hard work.

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury – Identify important contacts we should make, for our own or other’s benefit
There’s 1 card for this position, L’Estoille, depicting an astronomer at his desk looking at a star with his compass in his hand. My important contacts this week will be with people related to my esoteric studies. We have a Tarot Society meeting on Saturday, so maybe I’ll meet someone important there!

Here we have 4 cards topped with La Lune, which shows a serenader playing his harp while gazing up at a naked woman through her window, with the moon smiling over all. I’m not quite sure the woman knows the man’s watching, but since he’s playing music, she has probably heard that he’s out there. I should be thankful for beauty in my life, music, the soft lights of the moon, and the beauty of people, inside and out. The other cards are the Aces of Coins and Cups and the 6 of Coins. The aces confirm I should be thinking of physical and emotional beauty together. The 6 of Coins says physical beauty is worthy of being the subject of gratitude, and don’t forget to share it!

Friday - Ruled by Venus – Think about the emotional needs of the people around you. Could you be missing something important?
There are 5 cards in this row, topped with Le Jugement. This just popped into my head, so I’m going with it. I need to remember that, just because I’ve had a big enlightenment that religion is a bunch of bs, that doesn’t mean that I should ignore or belittle the religious aspirations and needs of my friends. I don’t. I’m usually very respectful of religious things, and I care about my friends, so I wouldn’t disrespect them or anything. But I might throw around my cynical attitude a bit too much. Maybe what I’m missing is that I’m making them uncomfortable even though I consciously try not to. In the row are the other 2 kings (Coins and Swords) and 2 and 7 of Swords. Kings say there’s nothing wrong with respecting authority, traditional or academic. 7 of Swords says religion is deeply emotional and satisfies deep emotional needs that people can’t always explain. 2 of Cups says I need to remember to keep that balance of my sense of intellectual independence (which is pretty emotional on my part) and love and respect for my religious friends. BTW 2 of Cups is another signature card without a signature. I’m going out on a limb to say that means there is no way that we can know who or what god is or if it exists or not. So be humble.

Saturday - Ruled by Saturn – Any projects or chores that need attention before they get out of hand?
Here are the 5 of Coins and Justice. I know what this means. I need to put my foot down on budgetary matters with myself and another certain person. Just because I have the money in the bank doesn’t mean I have to spend it. Or that I should give him whatever he asks for. I’m a Taurus rising, so I’m not really going to let it get out of hand, but this is definitely a good reminder! Also, we have an opportunity to buy supplemental life insurance through work, and I’m deciding if I want it an who I want to be the beneficiary. Weighing my Coinsy options.

Sunday - Ruled by the Sun – Some attention to your inner radiance, perhaps? Something you need?
There are 5 cards topped by Lermite. He’s carrying a lamp in one hand and a cane and rosary beads in the other, walking away from a building to the left. I need to shine a little more light into my past and meditate on it. So I can leave it behind, not so that I can keep it in mind! 10 of Batons, Chevalier d’Espee, 8 Swords, 3 Coins. Stuff is still weighing on my mind after all this time. I can’t deny it. But I have changed a lot! I identify with the Knight of Swords, and I’ve put my mind to changing my life. And I feel like I’ve gone beyond just putting my mind to it, to embodying it. That way, I’m really starting to shine! Maybe all this is saying that I’ve reached enough change and stability to go back into it more deeply as a way of really, really letting it go this time.

All interesting reflections and warnings from the planets. Thanks for these enlightening topics!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

fri.jpg

The Rogue - The 7 of Swords

I really am surrounded by rogues. Not necessarily rogues in a bad way, just people who want to break the rules, do things their own way. Society has a way of rewarding that behaviour when it works out and punishing it when it doesn't.

If you had a kid who spent all day painting pictures of her feet, people would feel sorry for you. If she sold those paintings for $10K apiece, suddenly she's a "genius." I think sometimes I fail to appreciate the genius of some and give too much credit to others for the wrong reasons.

I will try harder to appreciate the rogues in my life, the ones who dare to live differently, who eschew the social norms to live their own truth, whose genius lies in the fact they are even able to manage this at all in a world that rewards the compliant ones.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sat.jpg

Eight of Orbs - The Journeyman

This card isn't making me think of a specific task, although garden work does come to mind, but that would not fall under "things I did not see coming" theme of this week.

The journey reminds me to up my skills, to pay attention to getting better at the things I do. I can think of a lot of places where staying at the same level will lead to failure. It's important on focus on improvement, on becoming more proficient. This is something it's easy to forget sometimes. It's how things "get away from us". One day it all seemed under control, then suddenly, not.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Something I need? And then I drew this card:

20190804_120210.jpg

9 of Chalices: The Wish Granted

These cups are in the formation of a magic square. The book says you can make a wish on this card and repeat the words Light, Love, Light in a certain way.

You bet I did it.

This is the end of this Celestial week. (I'm starting it on Mondays from now on)
I just want to say a few words about the Spirit keeper's Tarot.

It is a very powerful deck. Every card feels so relevant to modern life, but in a deeply spiritual way, an eternal way. I am surprised every day by this deck. It also comes with a kind of workbook and it encourages you, in a defined organised way, to scry into each card and write your impressions. Then look at the materials, the explanations of the myriad symbols and intentions behind the card and I can say that I am really connected to this deck. My raw first impressions of the cards are really connected in such surprising and deep ways with the intended meanings of the creator.

I'm so glad to have gotten this deck. So honoured to have it. We joke a lot here about "enablers" to our tarot buying habits, but really, most of the time, it's helping. I'm truly grateful to the people here who brought me to this deck.

Return to “My Celestial Week: 1 Deck, 7 Readings”