This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tango of Life - Celestial Week 07

A week-long reading activity designed to reacquaint you with your under-used decks as you connect with each day using the prism of the days of the week and the week's theme.
Forum rules
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Tango of Life - Celestial Week 07

Post by Joan Marie »

The Moon is doing the Tango this week with Jupiter (Sunday) and Saturn (Wednesday.) On Tuesday Mercury and Mars do a little dance also.

This week, lets focus on our own connections, meetings and interpersonal communications. Expected or unexpected, it is our occasional interactions with other cosmic bodies that give us perspective on our universe, the one we inhabit.

Here are some suggestions to help you find your way as you do your draws for each day with this in mind:
  • Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - the role of detachment in your life
  • Sunday - Ruled by the Sun - relationship to a father or father figure, the role
  • Monday - Ruled by the Moon - communication, sensitivity, receptiveness
  • Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - leadership style, dominance or persuasiveness
  • Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - balance, equinimnity
  • Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - positive influence, team building, inspiration
  • Friday - Ruled by Venus - socializing, sharing pleasure
I wish you fun with this and hope the exercise leads to some wonderful ideas and inspirations for you.

(If you are new to My Celestial Week or want to know more about it, you can see this post.)

Also remember, you can jump in any time, the week starts when you start it.

So choose a deck for this week's exercise and begin when you are ready.

tango.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Tango of Life - Celestial Week 07

Post by Joan Marie »

This week I am using The Stretch Tarot by the artist Joe Stretch.
You can read an interview I did with Joe Stretch.

Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - the role of detachment in your life

A really odd thing happened as I was shuffling this deck.
I hadn't used it in a while so I thought it needed a little warming up so I was giving it a real good shuffle. When I stopped, I closed my eyes and held the deck tightly before cutting it, 3 x as is my habit, to fill it with intention. When I opened my eyes, this card was FACE UP on the top of the deck.

sat.jpg

That she was upturned was one thing, but that she landed on the very top, and that I did not see her until I opened my eyes, well that just felt like quite another. So, this lovely magician is my first card for this week.

Detachment makes me think of many things but since it's this card I am going to consider how I use detachment with magical intent, my communication with my environment and the spirits that inhabit it.

Intention is everything behind esoteric practice, that's why they are fun. They draw on the most exciting and mysterious parts of ourselves but then, you have to get back to things, recharged hopefully, but back to the beautiful everyday nonetheless. So what happens to those intense feelings of connection, those intentions we were so intently focused on? We have to let them go..poof! Detaching from the spell is just as important as the spell. You can weaken it with too long of a waning focus.

Leave it while it's strong. The spell is cast. Set it and forget it! 😎

Learning to detach well is a good skill. How to say goodbye. Graceful powerful endings that leave the energy high. That kind of energy lingers on it's own, without your help.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Sunday - Ruled by the Sun - relationship to a father or father figure, the role

sun.jpg

The High Priestess.
In the spirit of today's theme and in the spirit of Tango, I guess this makes sense. As they say, it takes two to tango. And what better dance partner than the High Priestess?

I'm having trouble attributing this card to the the theme of father. It's just so feminine. But now thinking about it, I admire men, like my father was, who authentically embody feminine qualities like strength and loyalty. Men who don't need to prove some weird off-putting stereotype idea of masculinity. Men like that are the ones who love women the most, who admire and respect them the most.

This world needs a lot more of that.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

This week, lets focus on our own connections, meetings and interpersonal communications. Expected or unexpected, it is our occasional interactions with other cosmic bodies that give us perspective on our universe, the one we inhabit.
So I went ahead with drawing cards for the whole week, I like that doing so gives me context for the week and I can sit with the cards as the week progresses. I used a deck I recently traded for, it's quite a new adventure as it's completely different from everything I have. The Wooden Tarot.

The schema here follows the image at the beginnng of all celestial weeks, the wheel of planets, starting with the sun as the top card.

The web of life as the wheel of fortune, with the many eyed spider weaving and weaving. There is capacity here in rwlating to others within different contexts and situations. When I jump to the moon and mars, an interesting picture arises, bones, the king and ace, the epitome of the element of bones, the bones of the earth. I am receptive/sensitive towards others, perhaps excessively so, and this often leads to a lack of proper self direction when in social situations. With mercury the communicator and connector and jupiter the kingly ruler I see that my words and self is generally properly expressed. I relate well with others, yet with the 7 of stones standing above and higher, I get a sense that perhaps my self as it relates to others is often perceived as haughty. Moving toward venus and saturn, there is the page of blooms, a flowering tadpole, and the empress. This is curious, and I think synchronous with the receptivity of earth. There are no seeming obstacles in how I appeal and relate to others. Yet there are tensions with how I manage my boundaries of receptivity and how these tensions translate into misscommunications in the form of seeming haughty, or even aloof.

I definitely feel I need to sit with this particular reading as it's served to illuminate blind spots for me and in my perception of my self. Hoping the tango of this week is smooth.

20190616_093015-404x644.jpg
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - communication, sensitivity, receptiveness

mon.jpg

The Wheel of Fortune

To take this card literally, I have spent all day so far catching up on my tarot readings that I owe people and giving feedback to others and keeping up with daily draws of all sorts. I've been at it all morning. I've used about 6 different decks.

This is my last one before I stop for the day and it's an old woman sitting at the wheel of fortune. Yes that is how I have been communicating today, through the cards. I've been given much to think about now as I continue through my day.

Apparently, I chose a good day for this. That is how I am reading this card.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - leadership style, dominance or persuasiveness

tues.jpg

Ace of Swords. Nothing dominant, persuasive or leader-ish about that one, eh? This one even has the keyword, "Victory."

Well, I think I'm done here. :lol:

But the Sword is an air sign so there really, despite appearances, is something a bit less than solid. And that big red circle behind gives me a feeling of the idea of completeness or of inclusiveness. It's important to have clear ideas, but plans always involve/affect others. You can't work in a vacuum (of air!) Stubbornness is not a leadership style, well not a good one.

Many years ago I was in sales and I was terrible at it. Really terrible. I had a bad habit of letting people make their own decisions rather than try to persuade them. I presented the product well. Gave them all the information they needed and then waited for them to look at me and say, "I'll take it." That rarely happened. I wasn't suited to that kind of sales at all, the kind where you manipulate people, that's what it felt like I was expected to do. Use tricky words and tactics to get people to do what I (supposedly) wanted them to do.

But it occurs to me right now, that the best persuasion is inclusion. We are all working toward the same things. And we get there building relationships, real ones where people listen to each other and learn from each other and are flexible and open to ideas. Maybe that's what they were trying to teach me back then but I was too young to understand. To be honest though the people trying to teach me sales were not my kind of people. I'm pretty sure some of them were psychopaths. I regret I learned about this kind of thing, persuasion, from some basically shitty people because it caused me to reject it just out of hand. They laughed at the people who fell for their act and bought. The only relationship they built was with the other person's wallet. The utterly lacked humility or appreciation for the other person.

I'm not sure how to end this. Once again the cards have opened up doors of thought to me that I could take a lot more time with than I have right now. But the wheels are turning. That's a good thing.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Here's my week! This week I’m using the Threefold Oracle, a deck of three sets of majors. The sets are I. white, II. red, and III. black, for birth, life, and death, and feature various gods and goddesses and cultural figures. In this reading I didn’t get any death/endings majors. So I guess I’ll be tangoing along for a while yet!

Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - the role of detachment in your life
I. 20 The Unveiling, Iris

This is the “birth” or youthful version of Judgment, which shows Iris, the rainbow, pulling back the curtain of time and space to reveal the spiritual world (in the guise of a treehouse!). Limiting a relationship, detaching from a long-term negative relationship, has opening up a whole new world for me. I’ll be 60 years old next week, and I feel like I’ve just started to live an authentic life. It’s a great thing! The rainbow promises there will never again be such destruction, and also promises a link to heaven.

Sunday - Ruled by the Sun - relationship to a father or father figure, the role
II. 12 Reversal, Camazotz, Maya bat god/monster

I feel like I haven’t kept my father in my thoughts recently. He passed about 10 years ago? I was always happy that I was the one that looked like my father and his family. (My brother and sister are blond and blue-eyed, and my father and I were dark-haired and -eyed, now I’m all grey.) And we had close birthdays and the same sun sign too. He was a Very Good person, a gentle giant. I kind of feel like I haven’t resembled him in active goodness as much as in other things! And then my husband has been only a so-so father. I mean he loves our son completely, but he just didn’t have the mental and emotional ability to be an effective father. I tried to take over the role as best as I could, disciplinarian, provider, etc. While I so wanted to be the indulgent mom, giving him whatever he wanted and telling the world my child can do no wrong! So, yeah, I’m kind of up in the air when it comes to fathers and father’s day. Maybe it’s time to take some time to process . . .

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - communication, sensitivity, receptiveness
II. 17 The Liberator, Green Tara

Buddhism has been a blessing in my life, but I have a different attitude toward it now. Instead of a convert, true believer vibe, I’m seeing it as I think most western people do, as a method, a technology for improving your life. Just like Weight Watchers, the plan works if you work the plan!

Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - leadership style, dominance or persuasiveness
II. 5 Lord of Obstacles, Ganesh

My leadership style is definitely teacher. And I often interact with people as a simplifier or streamliner, so I guess that would be a remover of obstacles.

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - balance, equanimity
II. 1 The Magus, ibis-headed Thoth

Well, it’s certainly very Mercury! But not very balanced. I am always interested in esoteric, magical stuff, but I really have an aversion to anything like real, make-a-spell-style magic. I guess that’s why I like divination. It’s magical, but it’s mostly reporting, not doing. (I think I went on about this is last week’s readings . . .) But I’m still pretty convinced that this is the right approach for me. Maybe it’s an unreasonable fear, but I don’t see changing my mind anytime soon. So for now, divination is my balance between the magical and the mundane.

Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - positive influence, team building, inspiration
I. 18 The Moon, luna moth

Once again, hidden or esoteric things are my inspiration and a positive influence on me, including a positive influence on socializing, meeting people, etc. It’s how I’ve expanded my life into more than just work and home. And I’m still just beginning my transformation.

Friday - Ruled by Venus - socializing, sharing pleasure
I. 2 Wisdom, Hypatia

Wikipedia: “Hypatia (born c. 350–370; died 415 AD) was a Hellenistic Neoplatonist philosopher, astronomer, and mathematician who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, then part of the Eastern Roman Empire. She was a prominent thinker of the Neoplatonic school in Alexandria where she taught philosophy and astronomy. She is the first female mathematician whose life is reasonably well recorded.”

Aside from my divination studies, I’m now beginning to give real study time to philosophy, mostly ethics and Buddhist philosophy. My INTJ/Knight of Swords self has always been ugh! frustrated with philosophy because, while it pretends to come up with answers to living as a human in this world, it quickly turns into nothing but a word game. (That is, when it’s not advocating genocide as a really good thing. I actually had a nightmare because I read Nietzsche before bed the other night.) Evil aside, I hope that this go round I will actually learn something, if not of use, at least interesting. So here is Hypatia to tell me to keep at it, and I might get some pleasure from it and might be able to have something interesting to share eventually.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - balance, equanimity

weds (1).jpg

Page of Swords

This is an interesting image to represent balance and equanimity. And the keyword of "readiness."
Balance is all about being in the moment. I'm thinking of literal balance, like the tree pose in yoga. To do those poses, focus doesn't help, it will make you topple over every time. So will letting your mind wander. So what's the answer? Readiness, being in the moment, equanimity.

Calm. Composure. This is, for me, difficult to call upon in certain situations. I always admire people who can keep their cool in every stressy situation.
I'm better at it now. When I was younger I was horrible at it. Equanimity is a sign of a healthy functioning ego. There is no need to prove anything. No need to impose an opinion. (There is a difference between offering an opinion and imposing one.) There is also a generosity. An ability to allow others to find their way, on their own. An ability to listen.

To find balance when surrounded by so many opposing and challenging forces requires enough trust in yourself to let go of yourself, and (just) be.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - positive influence, team building, inspiration

thurs.jpg

8 of Swords
The keyword, Interference.

At first I had no idea how to interpret this card to this theme except possibly negatively.
But then I remembered something.

Some of my best ideas, best solutions, best self development have come about directly from my dealing with someone who was bugging the crap out of me. It's so true that to smooth something you have to rub it against something rough.

Interference is to be welcomed. It is often the life of ideas. The results are always surprising.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Friday - Ruled by Venus - socializing, sharing pleasure

fri.jpg

9 of Cups

I have to laugh. This guy really reminds me of me in many social situations, especially the one I was in yesterday. Arms folded, hiding under a hat (for me it was sunglasses despite a very cloudy sky) and just watching everyone. But the keyword is Contentment.

I don't think this character exudes contentment exactly but maybe. Some brand of it. I think this guy, like me, would prefer to choose his company carefully instead of attending random gatherings.

So this celestial week is ended and I have to say I quite enjoyed this one and the Stretch Tarot really served me well. Gave me much to think about. I really do like this deck a lot, it has a sense of humour.

Well, it was nice Tango-ing with the stars.

Happy Solstice!

Return to “My Celestial Week: 1 Deck, 7 Readings”