This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The Summer Triangle - Celestial Week 02

A week-long reading activity designed to reacquaint you with your under-used decks as you connect with each day using the prism of the days of the week and the week's theme.
Forum rules
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

The Summer Triangle - Celestial Week 02

Post by Joan Marie »

The Lyrid Meteor Shower takes place this week. It's considered one of the "lesser" meteor showers of the year because I guess it takes a lot to impress us anymore.

This meteor shower gets its name from the constellation Lyra which comes into view this time of year. Lyra's brightest star is Vega which is one of 3 stars in Lyra that forms what is called "The Summer Triangle."

The constellation is named for the Lyra of Orpheus which is said to have played music so sweet it could charm the socks of anyone or anything. Trees, rocks, ogres, devils...etc.

So this week as we are showered with comet particles named for a magical mythical instrument and herald of the summer season, let us consider our own charms and magical natures as we select our deck of the week and begin our Celestial Week of readings.

Here are some suggestions to help you strengthen your general vibe and charm/magic-factor:
  • Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - Reversing Karma
      Sunday - Ruled by the Sun - Connect with wishes and hopes
    • Monday - Ruled my the Moon - Using the power of mystery
    • Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - Self-determination
    • Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - Challenge the intellect, education
    • Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - Grace, expansion, joy
    • Friday - Ruled by Venus - Self love and kindness, harmony
    The constellation Lyra, feat. Vega and the Summer Triangle
    The constellation Lyra, feat. Vega and the Summer Triangle

(If you are new to My Celestial Week or want to know more about it, you can see this post.)

Also remember, you can jump in any time, the week starts when you start it.
    Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
    stronglove
    Sage

Re: The Summer Triangle - Celestial Week 02

Post by stronglove »

great questions and theme for the second week! i like the celestial focus.
    it’s getting a bit confusing though, because my week started on monday and i want to properly finish it with the decks i used monday to friday.... so i will publish my saturday and sunday readings in week 01’s thread themed around the black hole.
    and will start my 02 readings next monday, using my brand new wild messengers alchemical tarot....!
    from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 14:20 great questions and theme for the second week! i like the celestial focus.
    I'm so glad you like it. I'm getting the hang of it too.

I think it doesn't matter what day you start your "week". I just plan to post the new week on Fridays, because if it doesn't go up each week on the same day it will get confusing. But it doesn't mean you have to start then. I think just every 7 days you move on to the next one. I kind of designed it that way, it's why I call them Week 01, Week 02 etc, instead of using exact dates.

How you are doing it is exactly how it was meant to be done.
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

This week I plan to use my Japaridze Tarotwhich was gifted to me by BreathingSince72 during my recent visit to the US.

It's a beautiful deck and I have been having a lot of luck with it lately.

So, here we go:
    Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - Reversing Karma

sat.jpg

Look at this beautiful Queen of Tides (cups).

I wasn't sure how this draw was going to go and I was kind of afraid I would get a card that pointed out some awful behaviour I needed to counteract in order to reverse the Karma. But what I think I got instead was just the solution, which is much kinder. And that kindness is part of the answer.

This queen is the epitome of grace.
    This is a quality I often failed to demonstrate when I was younger.

I wonder about this image though, the careless way she spills the water. Or is she just unconcerned, because it doesn't matter, spilling water into an ocean. She's undistracted by the unimportant and more focused on maintaining her sense of self, her grace through patience and understanding and love for people.

This is a truly glowing state, vibrating on a high frequency. I will aim for that.
    jaq
    Sage

Post by jaq »

Well, if this starts with reversing karma, then I should use the Karma Tarot.

The Ace of Cups. Karma is indeed reversed here. A swan's neck inverts onto itself like an Ouroboros, pouring water into its own throat. "What comes around goes around" is a phrase that arises, but also the neverending cycle of endings and beginnings. Also, the image looks like an ear. Oh. I "heard" (actually, it was texted) something quite hurtful the other day. The person used insults, saying that I had insulted her at some earlier point. I can't for the life of me remember what I said that could be construed as an insult and she won't tell me what it is. But. I am sure I have insulted people before. In fact, I used to be quite sarcastic, and proud of my wit (cringe.) Also, I sometimes wonder whether I was a cruel bitch in a previous life. So ... this card leaves me something to ponder over in that regard.
    Attachments
    karma ace of cups.jpg
    karma ace of cups.jpg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
    Myperception
    Sage

Post by Myperception »

I am using China Tarot deck. It's time to have more practise with this eastern deck.

20190421_190514_compress_65.jpg

2 of cups
    A symbol of receptive. I used to have someone in heart for a year plus. Though we are not meant to be together. But i still try to keep contact not regularly but at least not to be in silent for too long. Today i just did some revisiting for my life path. I decided to accept the fate and letting this go. If we are friends, we will be. Otherwise move on. I treasure friendship, but i cant force everyone to have the same thinking or behave like i do.
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sunday.jpg

This message seems pretty clear to me. It's not exactly revelatory, but clear and something I need to take to heart.
    The imagery of the middle card, the Five of Fire (wands) is pretty intense. It's a struggle to the death, the eternal struggle with myself. And this is what must be surmounted, my doubts and other self-sabotaging tendencies.

The 10 of Tides (cups) tells me success is possible, but to connect with my wishes and hopes I have to approach the work, Three of Gardens (pentacles) seriously and without the distraction of concern for success. This means focus on the work which is, to be real, the point of it all anyway.
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Monday - Ruled my the Moon - Using the power of mystery

monday.jpg

The Alchemist portrayed on the eight of Gardens is driven, obsessed with discovery and the King of Fire has mastered his power and wields it with total control.

But what about this 3 of Tides. These horses on the beach?

I can see the sense of using mystery as a driving force for learning, for creation. I can see how it's power can be harnessed and used and is meant to be shared. The horses could represent family, friends, community or even something larger. All of those things.

I think mystery unites people. Certainly every formal religion has relied on that.

We are all engaged in a search for answers, to understand the mysterious. Never forget this is the underlying force behind everything. And every mystery once solved is supplanted by 3 more.
    jaq
    Sage

Post by jaq »

The Power of Mystery
    Two of Cups, Karma Tarot

I feel I need this right now - the power of mystery. I've had a really emotional few hours and am about to do an interview which is also very emotional. I see the interview as those two people. It feels sexually charged, what with the woman's bare breast and the man being pantless ... it makes me think of a night during Carnival, everyone is "in their cups" and ready to go off and do something wild or outright stupid ... or maybe just dance ... I don't really want any sexual charge between me and the person I'm interviewing although we possibly could have been attracted to each other 30, 40 years ago when we were young and eager to follow whatever impulse.

I want to take the charge and sublimate it into the Eros of genuine curiosity about the other's experience, a coming-together in real understanding. And those moments of real understanding are always mysterious and magical. I can take the emotional charge of the last few hours and channel it into this magical mystery.

Addendum: So - I did the interview. And it was amazing - at the end he kept talking about "the magic of life."

Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - Self-determination

tues.jpg

This is a pretty grim card to get anytime but in the theme of self-determination it's a real challenge.

This card reminds me of how precarious life is. Bad luck can befall anyone at anytime and all the self determination in the world won't prevent it. And sometimes it kicks your ass so hard you'll barely recognise yourself.

It's good to remember this, to always have perspective. And to help keep self determination from becoming self delusion.

Self determination is action. It's what you DO to make things happen, to cope with situations. This is also a good thing to remember. Visualising, meditation, spell casting, all those things can help you focus and open you up to opportunities as they present themselves, but it's what you do that counts, that makes things real.
    stronglove
    Sage

Post by stronglove »

monday, continuing with the quantum tarot and the compendium of constellations

judgement/ the multiverse and cepheus/ austerity

13D45A30-48BE-4375-88B4-E46D6966D4FE.jpeg

second time around for judgement, and again on a monday..... what does that mean? it’s a mystery to me, hahaha! as is the idea of a multiverse..... in which of the many different realities am i living right now? thinking of groundhog day, hihi, is judgement going to turn up every monday from now on? must be some special message that i definitely need to hear, some basic truth i need to embrace. but what could it be?
    austerity doesn’t provide any new dimension... the story of cepheus (and cassiopeia) is that they get turned to stone by the Gorgon in the end, that sounds pretty austere.....

i find the cepheus cards in das daus, astronomisches kartenspiel, and Hodges astronomical cards, and look up the original drawing made by corbinianus in 1730 for his firmamentum firminianum

3195250E-5DB8-4D2B-A72F-B284BB4D2549.jpeg

he looks stunning, but what is he clutching in his raised right hand?

as i said: it’s a mystery to me..... as is the multiverse....
    stronglove
    Sage

Post by stronglove »

tuesday using the quantum tarot and the compendium of constellations

eight of cups/ nuclear decay and scorpius/ punish

5B0A2E29-9EDB-4970-A1ED-5C32182F8F05.jpeg

from the guidebook:

52A87EB7-4963-45B8-8C42-21E237A96DB4.jpeg

okay, so i need to move away from an unhealthy situation..... i guess the stars are telling me i should stop punishing myself for being ‘stupid’ or clumsy or forgetful, in short: stop undermining myself with my criticisms. good advice, sorely needed....

about scorpius

https://www.constellation-guide.com/con ... tellation/

apparently, the scorpion is chasing Orion, because it wants to punish him for his sins.... also interesting: scorpion’s claws have been ‘cut’ and were turned into a separate constellation called Libra......
    fascinating!
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - Challenge the intellect, education

weds.jpg

The Ten of Gardens.

This is sure a beautiful card.
    She appears quite ensconced in her garden.
    I recently had a Lenormand reading done by Myperception. I had asked about my garden and the reading told me to study up some, make some notes.
    This is something I need to do. and this card on this day, (challenge the intellect, education) really drives that message home even more.

I had a small disaster this week. I took a huge amazing aloe vera plant out of my study room where it's been very happy and put it outside inthe sun where in one day it became, ironically for an Aloe Vera, sunburned.
    I looked this up and sure enough, that was a stupid thing to do. Obviously an Aloe Vera can live in the direct sun, but if you transfer it from indoors or from a shady spot, you have to do it gradually, or like people, they can get sunburned.

Thing is, years ago I was very intense in studying plants and gardening. But it's time to go back and do some more reading and learning and up my entire gardening game.

Among other things. Right now I am in the throes of much learning of many things. Another thing this card may be telling me is to get more grounded. All those pretty flowers are very dreamy and cool but they don't just appear like that without some skills.

Good advice me for me all around.
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - Grace, expansion, joy

thurs.jpg

Stranger (Knight) of Gardens

I'm getting a lot of earth cards lately.

This image really conveys the idea of expansion and grace.
    It also conveys that those things are hard won. (The spikes on the shoulder, the downward gaze)

Being a dilettante will not due. Grace, expansion and true joy come with great effort and endurance.
    stronglove
    Sage

Post by stronglove »

wednesday quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

the hierophant/ newton’s laws of motion - draco/guard

7BE2CA2B-7BD6-421F-A406-0D6A6DA9CED5.jpeg

wow.... this is a hierophant i can relate to!
    from the guidebook

A5900BE8-74BE-469B-8E13-2E8C78070A45.jpeg

the bedrock of tradition, a foundation built in generations of accumulated wisdom.....
    i look up newton’s laws

https://www.livescience.com/46558-laws-of-motion.html

okay.... inertia, acceleration and action/reaction
    basic laws that can easily be applied to the psychological and spiritual domain....
    the message is clear: if i want things to change, to transform, to grow, i will have to act (apply force to an inert ‘object’)
    and i will have to be prepared for drawbacks/ regression/ resistance, this is a natural phenomenon. nothing to get upset about.....
    omg this is exactly what i needed to hear today, right in the middle of an ‘attack’ of self-sabotage.... wow!

about draco

https://www.constellation-guide.com/con ... tellation/

draco is my guardian. i can easily spot draco in my night sky, so whenever i look up i will remember Newton’s laws....
    stronglove
    Sage

Post by stronglove »

thursday quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

five of swords/white dwarf- cygnus/love

E98FEE2D-9F8E-4EC2-972F-7981FEBEEBC2.jpeg

this is really interesting. cygnus again, exactly a week later, on the same day. just like judgement on the monday......
    must pay extra attention to cygnus’ meaning.....

from the guidebook

09C22978-A603-49BB-A685-200EBB8CAA27.jpeg

aw.... not a very positive message. how should i read this? maybe this is advice not to enter into battles or disputes (especially within myself, between my two gemini opposites) that can only provide a winner and a loser.... combat through negative comparison, i know all about that, sadly enough.... this message is closely related to tuesday’s cards, with scorpius telling me to stop punishing myself. and here cygnus is strongly reminding me of the power of love. what a wonderful reading!
    Joan Marie
    Forum Designer
    Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Friday - Ruled by Venus - Self love and kindness, harmony

fri.jpg

Another pretty Garden card, the 7 of Gardens (disks) in a week kind of heavy on them.

The weather here has turned and the next few days will not be good ones for being outdoors so it's time for a little introspection and planning. I can feel this is much needed. My thoughts are running every direction. I don't mind that in theory, lot of irons in the fire, but there is a tendency toward senselessness that wastes my time and saps my energy.

I will take this card to heart and spend the next few days enjoying the fruits of my labors instead of worrying about them.

Return to “My Celestial Week: 1 Deck, 7 Readings”