This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The Black Hole - Celestial Week 01

A week-long reading activity designed to reacquaint you with your under-used decks as you connect with each day using the prism of the days of the week and the week's theme.
Forum rules
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

The Black Hole - Celestial Week 01

Post by Joan Marie »

The rarely seen, zoomed-out view of the Black Hole photographed this week.
The rarely seen, zoomed-out view of the Black Hole photographed this week.

This week we were all treated to the amazing first ever photos of a Black Hole.

We finally actually saw something we've only ever heard tale of. Something so enigmatic is seems to be there and not there at the same time. (I'm no physicist so cut me some slack here.)

In honour of this great achievement, I want to kick off our first "My Celestial Week" considering things that are "there" but have been invisible to us, until now.

So choose a deck have a look at the next 7 days through these prisms. (these are just a suggestion for your week's readings)
  • Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - Seek out the guiding spirit of an ancestor. What have they to say to you?
  • Sunday - Ruled by the Sun - A strength or power you may not be aware of
  • Monday - Ruled my the Moon - An emotion that is helping or hindering you
  • Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - A driving force or passion you may not have been aware of or acknowledged
  • Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - Discover something you are good at that you didn't realise
  • Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - Where are you lucky that you didn't know?
  • Friday - Ruled by Venus - (Full Moon in Libra) Where might you be out of balance?
You can start any day. See this post for general details. Have fun and happy hunting!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: The Black Hole - Celestial Week 01

Post by Joan Marie »

Well since I started this, I better be the one to kick it off.

For this week's theme I have chosen to break out my Tinker's Damn deck by Doug Thornsjo. Two reasons; it seems mysterious enough for the task at hand, finding things as yet unseen. And also, Duck Soup productions just announced a new Kickstarter today so this deck was on my mind.

So here I go:

Saturday - Ruled by Saturn - Seek out the guiding spirit of an ancestor. What have they to say to you?

saturday.jpg

Okay, well, this is off to a dark start!
I was thinking of my grandmother earlier today so I thought of her as I drew the card.

Enslavement. It sounds like a warning.
She did try and warn me of some things when I was young but I didn't listen. (She was right by the way.)
In fact, this card could very well represent what she was warning me about way back then. (Did I tell you she was right, by the way?)

To be honest, it would be just like her to be just a teensy bit smug about being right, although I know she wished me no harm and would have hated to see how right she was.

Though I have long ago extricated myself from that situation, could she be telling me that some vestigial problems remain, some damage I've not completely faced that could be limiting me, now in my happy "after-life?"

This is too intense. I drew 2 more cards.

sat 2.jpg

I see ancient fears and water under the bridge.
She wants me to take a hard look inside myself and clear away the debris of past mistakes.
That sounds like her.

By the way, she was not a dark person, per se, but she was no Pollyanna that's for sure. That she would come to me with a hard message like this sounds about right.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Continuing with the Tinker's Damn Tarot...

Sunday - Ruled by the Sun - A strength or power you may not be aware of

Me and my shadow
Me and my shadow

I've been thinking a lot about shadow work lately. The idea has occurred to me recently that meeting, confronting my shadow may not be the daunting proposition I imagined it to be. This card immediately made me think of that. And the strength I may not be aware of is that which is needed to not only meet (I prefer that word to confront) my shadow, but to become friends with it.

I have faced some dark things before and was surprised at my ability to be spiritually moved by them, to grow somehow, rather than frightened or otherwise upset. Maybe that is the strength I have. Being friends with darkness.

I'm also reminded that shadows are cast by the Sun. A nice message for a SUNday.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Joan Marie wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 13:51

This week we were all treated to the amazing first ever photos of a Black Hole.

We finally actually saw something we've only ever heard tale of. Something so enigmatic is seems to be there and not there at the same time. (I'm no physicist so cut me some slack here.)

In honour of this great achievement, I want to kick off our first "My Celestial Week" considering things that are "there" but have been invisible to us, until now.

So choose a deck have a look at the next 7 days through these prisms. (these are just a suggestion for your week's readings)
absolutely brilliant! kudos to you joan marie for kicking this off in such a creative way....! i will start monday but already have picked my decks! inspired by your black hole reference i dug up my good old quantum tarot and am going to add the beautiful compendium of constellations.... can’t wait to begin reading!
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 10:51 absolutely brilliant! kudos to you joan marie for kicking this off in such a creative way....! i will start monday but already have picked my decks! inspired by your black hole reference i dug up my good old quantum tarot and am going to add the beautiful compendium of constellations.... can’t wait to begin reading!
Thank you sooo much. I was a little worried about the change, but I really think it will catch on. I enjoy the creative exercise of thinking of a relevant theme for each week.

And to everybody, your suggestions and ideas are most welcome always. Just PM me.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - An emotion that is helping or hindering you

mon0.jpg

Ha! This card.
When I first saw it, I thought WTF? Evolution is not an emotion...or is it?
This morning I am trying to work out a small dilemma on this forum that, simply put, is between fun and seriousness which could not be embodied better than it is on the image of this card.

The point is how best to evolve because every decision I have made so far has guided the direction of this forum. There are some pitfalls that I identified early on and have worked with great intention to avoid. I am sure that most of this effort goes unnoticed and that is exactly as it should be. The only thing that matters is the result.

I appreciate so much all the input people give. And I like the strong opinions. There is so much intelligence and passion behind them. And everyone's intention is the same, to make Cult of Tarot a better place, to maintain it's integrity, to add to what it offers, to make it grow in the right directions. It's a constant creative challenge, a search for balance and originality.

I'm presently working out a solution that I think takes the best of everyone's input, adds a little twist, and comes out something that we can call our own. Evolution Indeed!
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Deck : China Tarot

Monday - Ruled by the Moon - An emotion that is helping or hindering you

The Hermit
20190415_190840_compress_59.jpg

Since morning I had been thinking shall I stay on current job instead of moving on to new job end of next month.

I am seeing currently we are having 2 new pre-set up projects coming in on June and Sept, i find it could be interesting, but i had accepted the new job offer to move forward. Thou the new job also involve in pre-set up projects. But it only have 1 location currently. I do not have any idea whats next.

I am unable to see clearly on the new job path as now. Still searching... maybe i need abit time to reconsider and make sure my decision is firm.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

using quantum tarot 2.0 and compendium of constellations

monday

It’s been a complete chaos all day, visitors, phone calls, shopping, cleaning, talking, i’m dead tired and haven’t had time to sit, write, think, draw cards until now (5 pm)..... and right in the middle of a discussion on this forum about fun vs seriousness i draw my cards

20-judgement/ the multiverse and canis major/dominance

C244EA0E-AFFE-4E30-988A-117264A2743A.jpeg

the cards must be joking...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

here’s the entry from the guidebook

A36A405A-C25F-4467-AB9E-11BB9933DE21.jpeg

omg i just love this synchronicity.... black holes indeed
apparently judgement is challenging me to expand my mind. which is quite spot on when applied to this discussion we’re having.....
i will take up that challenge. but what does the ‘dominance’ card mean? canis major, the constellation everybody knows, is often used as a point of orientation for the night sky, so yes, i can see how it is dominant. so the challenge might be to drop the (my) dominant point of view, or the dominant values and principles underlying my judgements, and try to stretch my limitations..... wow..... incredible!
and yes, i think there is also a multiverse of opinions, emotions, experiences, some of which get expressed here. which makes it all very interesting, to say the least....

an emotion that is helping or hindering me...... don’t really know, could be that dominance thing, maybe being set in my ways, having this moral high ground from which i tend to judge.... nice.... think that might be hindering me more than it helps me
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

What a great idea for readings Joan Marie! I love some of those questions. I'm not sure I'll be able to read on them all this week but will try and join in with one or two.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

BlueStar wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 05:51 What a great idea for readings Joan Marie! I love some of those questions.
Thank you so much! I'm kind of excited about it too and am really interested in how it develops. I hope a lot of people give it a try.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Tuesday - Ruled by Mars - A driving force or passion you may not have been aware of or acknowledged

tues.jpg

I must admit, I'm stumped.
What could this card be trying to tell me?

Much of what I get from it are things I already know or acknowledge about myself.

Could it be riding slow moving animals?

Honestly though, it could be animals, that I need to have more of them. It's something I've avoided most of my life but in the last couple of years I'm seriously considering bringing more of them into my life. Animals make me feel closer to the earth, closer to life.

I do hesitate because of the trouble they are. But maybe I'm just not admitting that the trouble is part of the experience, part of the connection and the growing. This is something definitely worth considering more.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

tuesday quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

queen of wands/ venus - lynx/ observe
F1B6A919-F74E-4E3C-A6E2-DF6A80CCAD11.jpeg

wow! there she is again.... the queen of wands, here called venus (on the day that is associated with mars!)
she came up in the reading myperception did for me, as the fool’s influence i should ignore.....
here she tells me something about my driving force or passion....
this combination is fascinating, because the queen of wands is usually portrayed with a feline by her side.
the thoth card has a leopard in it

3DD6B87E-DFC5-4FB5-914F-1B89F618FD03.jpeg

looked up the lynx online and wow, what a creature!
C073F26F-BEB6-4088-A8FA-2D3EC4AAA2C8.jpeg

yes i can see why observe is the keyword here, the lynx will take her time to observe her prey before pouncing on it.... just like the queen of wands! they make a great pair! just look at how the golden circle around the queen is a reflection of the lynx card.... incredible!

but i think this queen of wands is more calculating, more balanced than the impulsive hothead i know so well. a driving force doesn’t have to be a fire that’s burning out of control. it can be strategic, based on well thought out plans.
and suddenly i realise that this is about me and the wardrobe, last weekend. how i suddenly found the energy and the drive and strength to move that thing to its proper place, after having considered every possible way i could do it by myself, even with all my physical limitations, because i just didn’t want to ask for help this time. and the joy, the elation i felt afterwards.... that i still have that drive, that inner strength, where my outer strength has diminished so much.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury - Discover something you are good at that you didn't realise

weds.jpg

Being alone? Being introspective? Those are my super-powers, hardly a secret to me.

But maybe what I didn't realise is that I make a lot pf progress. I think sometimes I don't appreciate that about my self.
I really have gotten past a lot of bullshit.

So, hooray for me!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

wedenesday quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

4 of cups/ extra particles - vela/ power

64066984-80F5-46F4-AE73-C10DEB43C070.jpeg

From the guidebook

2A297C58-A88B-4EDD-B56E-664114D7A32F.jpeg

about Vela

https://www.constellation-guide.com/con ... tellation/

yes.... this is exactly how i woke up.... what’s the point? of existing? of trying? of beginning again, over and over..... i feel so useless, just like those particles.... and this is supposed about something i’m good at??? feeling useless???
but then there is Vela.... she used to be part of the argo navis, the ship that carried Jason and the Argonauts while they were looking for the golden fleece. vela stands for the sails. so maybe that’s what i’m good at.... even without a keel and a stern i can still move forward, arrive at my destination.... i think that is very true!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thursday quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

king of swords/ uranus - cygnus/ love
507F2FC2-0ECB-4312-8C46-9F933008047A.jpeg

from the guidebook

45650D5F-E2D3-43FE-BAC7-5E0A8F22591F.jpeg

about cygnus

ha! this king appeared in the fool’s reading myperception did for me! just like the queen of wands on tuesday! wow! but the king of swords is the one i should be listening to! in the quantum tarot the king of sword has a bit of a hanged man aspect, he is able to turn things upside down and view them from different angles. he is a kind of a thought-juggler..... which i can be too at times. i guess i am lucky to possess that ability..... but what is the swan doing here? what about love? i like this chinese story about cygnus:

The Chinese also associate the constellation with a myth, the one of the “magpie bridge,” Que Qiao. In the story, the lovers Niu Lang and Zhi Nu are separated by the Goddess of Heaven because Zhi Nu is a fairy, and is therefore not allowed to be with a mortal man. When the Goddess learns that the two are secretly married, she takes Zhi Nu with her and creates a river in the sky to keep the lovers separated. The river is represented by the Milky Way itself in the legend. Zhi Nu’s husband Niu Lang takes their two children to Heaven so that they can all be together, but the Goddess does not relent and keeps the lovers separated. Once a year, the myth goes, all the magpies in the world assemble to help the lovers be together by forming an enormous bridge over the wide river. The constellation Cygnus represents the magpie bridge in this story.

the king of swords has an eagle flying around his head, the compendium-card is a constellation called swan. two birds.... maybe i should build my own magpie bridge so they can meet?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter - Where are you lucky that you didn't know?

thursday.jpg

The seven of Air.

The Owl and the Clock.
Time. I always think i am aware of how lucky I am to have time.
But I don't think I really do.

It is the greatest gift of all.
I would say, after "life" but really, it's the same thing.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Friday - Where are you out of balance?

I keep getting these messages from tarot that I need to dial down, relax, enjoy the good things in life. The Fool everywhere, the eat-drink-and-be-merry Queen of Cups in the Tarot of the Masters, now this!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Friday - Ruled by Venus - (Full Moon in Libra) Where might you be out of balance?

friday.jpg

I thought a question of balance required 2 cards.

it looks to me like the question of balance here is regarding something between issues of intellect and a certain kind of, I don't know what to call it, but maybe my more "out there" tendencies?

And seeing as how Minerva has her back turned to the Ace of Air I think it's possible I am leaning a little too far away from more grounded pursuits and a little too far toward less grounded ones.

This could very well be true.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

friday quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

queen of pentacles/earth - triangulum australe/ masculine

A84A49D1-BF6E-4861-8186-CD0D3DA629B3.jpeg

from the guidebook

D203B130-B273-4BC4-8AA7-A15360D2335B.jpeg

about triangulum australe

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulum_Australe

my (sidereal) full moon is in virgo, so i won’t focus on what’s out of balance.
i think these cards are telling me i need to let my earthly mother aspects fall in love with my patriarchal masculine side and vice versa.... might produce nice offspring :lol: :lol: :lol:
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

saturday using the quantum tarot and compendium of constellations

seven of cups/ red giant and capricornus/ evolve

986A4ADE-9C4D-491D-81CB-A602FB7B4C16.jpeg

from the guidebook

9CEAEE59-E14E-424A-8F4A-79598D553DB9.jpeg
wow, this is so interesting..... yesterday i had a major existential meltdown, it felt like it would last forever..... which of course it didn’t.... this card is so spot on! yes indeed, it felt like a red giant, very dramatic, but it seemed so much worse than it actually was..... probably the last feeble eruptions of a very old trauma.... and it is all part of my constantly changing/ evolving process of (spiritual) growth, i can see that now

about capricornus

hahaha! contrary to the dramatic dying red giant, capricornus is one of the faintest constellations in the night sky......
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

no sunday reading, went on a trip for the day
i love the quantum, and i love the combo with the compendium of constellations! they are perfect for this celestial theme! and i love looking up all the constellations and finding out more about them. so i will continue with these decks, because there us so much more to discover!

Return to “My Celestial Week: 1 Deck, 7 Readings”