This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Intuitive - jaq reads for Charlie Brown

Participants in the April Intuitive Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the April Intuitive Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
jaq
Sage

Intuitive - jaq reads for Charlie Brown

Post by jaq »

Well, here we are again. We get to do some intuitive stuff together! What's your question, Charlie Brown?

Here is the spread again.

Okay fellow Intuits.

I'm giving us all TWO assignments/activities this month. I've borrowed some ideas that I think we can use to focus on building our intuitive "muscles" if you will.

The first one is done alone and the second with a partner.

Activity One: "Queens say what?"

For this activity, I want you to take just the Court Cards from a deck.
Now, you'll need to take a few minutes and really clear your mind
Shuffle the Court Cards and while holding them, ask your question.
Spread the cards face down and select one card.
Now ask that card your question.

Imagine that Court card, that King or Queen, Knight, Page, Prince or Princess, can speak.
Now look into his/her face and ask your question.
How does he/she answer your question?
You say you don't know? What if you did know? What would he/she tell you?

Try and do this without letting what you know about the card influence you. Just imagine it is a person whose council you seek.
I want you to be as uninhibited as possible doing this, so sharing your result is optional.
If you do want to share it, when you are ready to post the result, open a thread with the subject line: Activity 1: (your name)

Activity Two: "I Wrote a Spell for You"

You will need a Deck of Cards (tarot, oracle, whatever) A Pen, Some Paper
In this activity, the sitter poses, a question or describes a situation.
The reader will use the Cards to write a little poem or spell or mantra for the sitter. The sitter can use it to draw the right energy/vibes/encouragement they need. It's kind of a little gift.

Here is how that works:
With the question in mind, draw three cards.
Write down all the nouns you see in those cards. You can keep 3 separate lists if you like (that's how I do it)
Then write down all the verbs you see.
(really write them down, it makes a difference)
If you like, include some adjectives, (colors, etc)

Now look at the words you've collected and compose a little poem/spell for your Partner.

Here are some tips for a good spell: (from Susan Chang)
Choose a format. You can do couplets, haiku, rhymed, unrhymed, proverbs, mottos—it doesn’t really matter, as long as it’s long enough to evoke a picture and short enough to kind of remember. I like to do two-line spells, personally.
Write it in the present. It’s best to phrase your intention in the present tense rather than the future, to make the outcome more real.
Keep it concrete. If you use abstract ideas (like manifestation, transformation, balance), you’ll get a pretty vague sort of spell. Our magical self works in metaphors. I find that very concrete spells that appeal to the senses work well. They’re open to interpretation and hard to forget.
I know this might all sound a bit weird, but could we give it a try? What do you think Charlie Brown? Are you in?
I will post an example shortly, (I don't have one on hand) but I do this quite a lot since I learned the technique and I find it connects me to the cards in a completely new way, and it works the same no matter what deck you choose. The exercise sort of takes you into the world of the card itself without any outside "baggage" if you will. No LWBs, none of that, just what you "see" in the cards.

It's also fairly easy really and doesn't take more than 30 minutes to do, if even that.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Intuitive - jaq reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

I think that I would like a follow-up to the reading you gave me last month. If you recall, you wrote:
jaq wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 23:56 When I first saw your question I thought, oh my, how am I going to combine your question with the idea of strengths and weaknesses? I needn’t have worried. The card is pretty obvious. It seems to say there’s something addictive going on, something that holds your attention way more than it should, something that gives you false hope. Perhaps what you need to do is look up and away from the thing/person/idea that has you in its thrall and sense the goodness of your shadow/occult work. At the same time, in order dispel the blues (which may have brought you to the roulette table to begin with?) it would probably be a good idea to ground yourself a bit.
I would like some guidance for what to do/where to direct my energies, etc. in order to move away from that dynamic that you identified. I'll leave the exact phrasing of the question up to you.

Does that sound good?

Thanks,
CB
I believe in Crystal Light.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Oh, how intriguing! Yes, I will do that.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Charlie Brown wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 20:22 I think that I would like a follow-up to the reading you gave me last month. If you recall, you wrote:
jaq wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 23:56 It seems to say there’s something addictive going on, something that holds your attention way more than it should, something that gives you false hope. Perhaps what you need to do is look up and away from the thing/person/idea that has you in its thrall
Hi Charlie - I don't think I've posted a tarot poem here yet, so that's what I decided to do. Your little spell/blessing/ditty is at the end. What an interesting reading. I figured I should use the same deck as the one from the previous reading. Looking forward to your thoughts!

The thrall still there
But this time only one of three.
It plonked itself into this spread
Unbidden, bold, obscene.
Does not add up ‘cause
Six, zero, what makes that?
Fifteen? No way.
The helpful six, the hopeful Fool –
The Devil’s fifteen has no place
In this tableau.

And yet it’s there.
Comes out of nowhere,