This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Chiscotheque reads for BreathingSince72

Participants in the April Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the April Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
chiscotheque
Sage

Chiscotheque reads for BreathingSince72

Post by chiscotheque »

hello hello hello. since this is my first time reading for someone else here on this forum, and since the spread is of your devising, feel free to throw any tips or bonus ideas my way regarding the spread. and, of course, your question :shock:
BreathingSince72
Sage

Re: Chiscotheque reads for BreathingSince72

Post by BreathingSince72 »

chiscotheque wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 15:49 hello hello hello. since this is my first time reading for someone else here on this forum, and since the spread is of your devising, feel free to throw any tips or bonus ideas my way regarding the spread. and, of course, your question :shock:
Hi There!

Apologies for my extremely late reply. This has been a busy month. The biggest bonus tip I have is to have fun with this. If it’s not fun, it’s not worth it. 🙂

My question will stay within the general body, mind, and spirit context. I’ve been working through some serious frustrations/disappointments at work and am changing my focus. I am interviewing for another position with the same district. There are so many things I want to do. My question is “what do I need to do for myself, to take care of myself, so I can live the way I want and lead my family in the best way?
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
chiscotheque
Sage

Re: Chiscotheque reads for BreathingSince72

Post by chiscotheque »

being unfamiliar with the TdM, i chose to draw exclusively from majors. the top row is spirit, next mind, then body. the middle card indicates the present or the ideal. the spread pulled was as follows:
f.jpg

spirit's central card, the Hanged Man, indicates a predicament; that you are hamstrung and upside down somehow. the Emperor has his back to the present, and i am tempted to suggest there is some male authority in your past judging you on some level, or giving you the cold shoulder - perhaps if you don't act the way he wants. but perhaps he represents a need in yourself to authoritatively put behind you negative judgements which you have internalized.
i note that emblazoned on the Emp's shield is an eagle, down near the head of the HM, and since the HM by necessity must come up with novel solutions, perhaps this bird, trapped as it is along with the HM, indicates their mutual emancipation - flying away, the holy spirit as dove, the phoenix.
on the right is the Judgement card, suggesting the quintessential importance of the spirit and its ability to be reborn. this card as future indicates where your focus should lie, and - if i may say - that you are a good person and are on the right path.
your question was HOW to change for the better, and as far as that goes what i see here is no more elaborate than freeing yourself from imposed rules from the past which ensnare you. of course, one has duties and responsibilities one simply can't turn one's back on. what's needed then is to find the thread which ties everything that really matters to you - which also hangs you up - and follow it out of the labyrinth. sometimes the HM, given his dilemma, comes up with an eccentric answer to his problem, and that could be no more complex a solution as staying entirely loyal & true to what really matters to you and so putting faith in those things so that the result (Judgement) will be as loyal & true.

all this is on the spiritual plane; what does the mind tell us? the Star at the centre suggests balance, grace - the equilibrium you strive for, your ideal - but also perhaps different demands on you which you are trying to satisfy - family and work, self and other.
the Lovers card seems to iterate this notion, both of something lovely and something demanding - a push and a pull. is there a strained marriage or relationship with parents? was a mental comprise made which has caused some of your current conflict?
the Hermit to the left is almost the opposite of the Lovers - they trapped in their drama and drawing the Star's aid and attention - while he strives to illuminate. the solitariness and earnestness of the Hermit suggests a movement toward a more individual way of thinking - not selfish, but rather removed (like stars) from interpersonal drama, where distance gives perspective and imparts wisdom.
again, one has responsibilities and duties, but perhaps what's being suggested here - counter-intuitive as it may be - is that a certain intellectual/emotional remove from internecine melodrama is needed. one that doesn't lose sight of what matters - signified in the grace of the Star.

as for the body and the world, the central card is the Magician. this suggests to me you are juggling too many things and it's probably taking its toll - note the Tower. it feels like you're trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat, which the Star card above indicates you accomplish, but ultimately - above that - it leads to a personal impasse (the HM).
the WofF, which the Magi looks backwards at, iterates this notion - the wheel is like a merry-go-round or a millstone. you have managed admirably thus far, but physical realities are mounting, resulting in what the Magi averts his eyes from: the Tower.
just as the Magi's table remains upright because it leans on the Magi, and so would collapse if and when he does, so too there is a structural inevitability to one's physical being. perhaps the Tower indicates that a movement forward should be less heavy, lapidary, and vertical, and more lateral, feathery, and fun? concerned less with building a structure to withstand anything and more with building on what that building houses - the house of god, as one title of the Tower has it, a double entendre for a hospital, meaning here a focus on health (within) rather than house (without).

looked at vertically, the randomness and pre-ordained quality of the WofF has placed you where you are, just as intellectually you have made choices which reflect a concern for love and relationships (Lovers). that is part of growing as a person, or course; the circle of the Wheel is reiterated in the relationship circle which cupid inhabits - now, noticeably ABOVE the human psychology. the EMP seems to be dividing that circle into its constituent parts - the symbolic orb he holds aloft (away from you) and the shield he sits on. pull it out and he falls - or if i know the Emp he stays exactly the same. i suspect there's a clue here to help the HM. from my perspective, the HM is the right way up - it's the world that's upside down, for all the good that does the HM. perhaps less juggling and rabbits from hats are needed to emancipate the HM? the movement on the Mind plane from emotional choice (Lovers) to generous redistribution (Star) to the moral integrity of the Hermit indicates a maturity, if also a dissociation from things/people which have given you comfort and meaning. vertically, the stability and direction of the Hermit seems necessary as counter to the instability of the Tower - a denial of personal welfare, a house built on sand. the way he keeps firm, illuminates the way, and concerns himself with the Star - all of which leads above him to positive Judgement - suggests a steadfast concern with what replenishes you, gives you sanity and health, rather than what you can "manage" or can trick up. too much of that will cause you to trip up. an implication here is that something needs to be moved away from, has outworn its use - a tie needs to be severed - which when it comes down to it you are in control of. as painful and severe a spot as that may be.

i sort of hate for this reading, in which you sincerely asked for direction, to be in short a kind of: you know best in yourself what is best for you, and what's best for you is what's best for those around you, and so the onus is on you. that is the very kernel of frustration. yet, that's what i see here in these cards in summation. keep in mind i have no idea what i'm doing, it's just my angle on what i see.

i hope in some way this has been of some value. feel free please to add - or counter!

Return to “04 April Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle”