This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

March Intuitive Reading Circle

Participants in the March Intuitive Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the March Intuitive Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

March Intuitive Reading Circle

Post by Joan Marie »

This went so well last month I think we should continue and see what happens!
jaq sent me some great ideas for an intuitive reading activity but I confess I have not had the chance to full delve into it but I hopré to soo and to provide some guidelines for this month's reading.

For now I'm just opening the sign ups and will follow soon as I can with more details.

I am also open to any suggestions as this is not really my area but I do want to support everyone who is so enthusiastic about it.

So I will keep sign-ups open thru March 10th.

Just click replay and let us know you are in!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Myperception
Sage

Re: March Intuitive Reading Circle

Post by Myperception »

I am IN again 8-)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

sure
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

I am in. Thank you.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

I'm in.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Hi - since I've shown quite a bit of interest in this, Joan Marie has asked me to administer this circle this time. So here we go, here are the partners

Myperception reads for Kare
Kare reads for Jaq
Jaq reads for Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown reads for Myperception

Here is the task for March:

In intuitive reading practices, forget everything you know about suits, majors, courts, numbers, etc. Just let your intuition guide you. One way of doing that is to go with the very first thing you notice. Don’t question it!

The reading will be about strengths and weaknesses.

You can give your partner a general reading, without a question, or your partner can ask a question.

You'll need a coloured deck for this one, e.g. no black and white or similar decks. The more colourful the deck, the better. Shuffle. Draw one card.

What is the first colour that strikes you? This card represents strengths. What is the second colour that strikes you? That represents weaknesses.

Now scrutinize the card closely. What appears in the first colour? What appears in the second colour? How do they relate to each other – e.g. in size, in importance? Does one appear static, the other in movement? Do they face in the same or different directions?

How might all of this relate to your querent’s topic? Does it appear that the strengths and weaknesses are all your querent’s or does it feel like some of them are also found in their environment, or in other people?

Readings due: March 24
Feedback due: March 31
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Hi Charlie Brown! Looking forward to do your reading! Do you have a question?
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Charlie Brown wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 16:26sure
Hi - did you see that our thread is here?

viewtopic.php?f=172&t=1213&p=6449#p6449

(Maybe I should have put it somewhere else?)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks, Jaq. I haven't been around the past couple of days. I'll try to get to it soon.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Jaq,

I think I'd like to take a page out of Sunday's Vernal Equinox spread and ask you "What are the bonds I have to break to be free? "

Thanks.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Charlie Brown wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 18:56Hi Jaq,

I think I'd like to take a page out of Sunday's Vernal Equinox spread and ask you "What are the bonds I have to break to be free? "

Thanks.
I chose the Karma Tarot.

Strength:

The first colour is see is dark brown, especially the dark brown behind the woman’s head and shoulders. She sits between a roulette wheel and a mirror; the mirror shows more brown, the back of her head and part of her back and right arm. There’s also a bit of brown in the wood of the roulette wheel, but mostly we see other colours there.

The brown makes me think of “environment,” that hard-to-pin down play of air and shadow, maybe mixed with smell and sound. Invisible stuff. It’s dark and shadowy but also warm and somehow comfortable.

Weakness:

The second colour that stands out for me are all the blues in the blouse the woman is wearing under her dress. There’s also a bit of blue in the roulette wheel and in the woman’s hair – but both are again, I think, just how the light plays. I don’t think the woman has actual blue streaks in her hair.

I’m torn between the airiness of the woman’s puffy blouse and the idea of “blues.” Do you have the blues? I think the woman does; she doesn’t look overly happy.

Let me try on this idea: Your strength is your shadow/occult (tarot?) work, something intangible yet ever-present. Your weakness is that you’ve got the blues. It, too, has something insubstantial about it, so maybe those two aren’t the greatest combination. It would be nice to add some grounding.

When I first saw your question I thought, oh my, how am I going to combine your question with the idea of strengths and weaknesses? I needn’t have worried. The card is pretty obvious. It seems to say there’s something addictive going on, something that holds your attention way more than it should, something that gives you false hope. Perhaps what you need to do is look up and away from the thing/person/idea that has you in its thrall and sense the goodness of your shadow/occult work. At the same time, in order dispel the blues (which may have brought you to the roulette table to begin with?) it would probably be a good idea to ground yourself a bit.

Anything resonate here?
Attachments
karma tarot 5 of coins.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

jaq wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 23:56 Anything resonate here?
Yes, certainly. Thank you. I'm having difficulty getting time in for feedback and the like. I will get to it. I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I saw it and will have things to say.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I think that the general outlines of this reading are quite strong and accurate. IIUC, for strength, you postulate some combination of the environment and/or an ineffable characteristic of mine. For weakness, the blues. You also talk about a poor combination. I wasn't quite sure what you were referring to as the combination, but I think you were referring to the mixture of the strength and weakness. That would be accurate.

Without venturing into too many details, I've been in an extended blue streak that I feel/hope I'm on my way out of. This blue streak is intimately connected to having moved to my current city of residence, which wasn't a place that I particularly wanted to go and isn't somewhere where I got a particularly good start in. It's a very different kind of place from what I'm used to and, frankly, the kind of things I'm used to doing will not, have not, and, I believe, can not lead to success here in this arena. These blues sustain themselves mainly through the dissonance I feel between myself and my environment.

The question I asked is about breaking free of past constraints and moving forward freely in life. Within that context, I can easily understand your reading as saying that I need to turn this environment into a strength rather than a source of tension. This is going to require a fair amount of change on my part but probably more external and non-innate things rather than any ineffable characteristics of my being.

Looking at the card more holistically though, I wonder if you're telling me that I should be taking my ineffable self to Las Vegas. It's almost pool season, after all. :idea:
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Charlie Brown wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 01:51 I think that the general outlines of this reading are quite strong and accurate. IIUC, for strength, you postulate some combination of the environment and/or an ineffable characteristic of mine. For weakness, the blues. You also talk about a poor combination. I wasn't quite sure what you were referring to as the combination, but I think you were referring to the mixture of the strength and weakness. That would be accurate.

Without venturing into too many details, I've been in an extended blue streak that I feel/hope I'm on my way out of. This blue streak is intimately connected to having moved to my current city of residence, which wasn't a place that I particularly wanted to go and isn't somewhere where I got a particularly good start in. It's a very different kind of place from what I'm used to and, frankly, the kind of things I'm used to doing will not, have not, and, I believe, can not lead to success here in this arena. These blues sustain themselves mainly through the dissonance I feel between myself and my environment.

The question I asked is about breaking free of past constraints and moving forward freely in life. Within that context, I can easily understand your reading as saying that I need to turn this environment into a strength rather than a source of tension. This is going to require a fair amount of change on my part but probably more external and non-innate things rather than any ineffable characteristics of my being.

Looking at the card more holistically though, I wonder if you're telling me that I should be taking my ineffable self to Las Vegas. It's almost pool season, after all. :idea:
Haha, no, I did not say "get thee to Vegas" :D The woman doesn't look too happy at that roulette wheel. Not that I have anything against Vegas - I find the craziness there invigorating :D

You were right, I was referring to the strength/weakness combo. I like your idea of turning your environment into a strength, both as an idea and also in reference to the card. The brown "atmosphere colour" could be taken as both negative and positive, and the positivity I saw there was of a certain "comfort of darkness" type. Don't know if that applies to your situation ... and now I'm wondering whether the place where you now live would be a place to ply your tarot trade ... ?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

jaq wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 02:50 Haha, no, I did not say "get thee to Vegas" :D
Yes, I'm quite certain that you did. The cards never lie. :lol:

Return to “03 March Intuitive Reading Circle”