This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

03 March Lenormand - Kare and Charlie Brown

Participants in the March Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the February Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

03 March Lenormand - Kare and Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Kare,

As we talked about in the PM, here's our thread for the readings. So, it's Friday morning. IF you happen to be looking at/doing this today, maybe it would be fun to engage in some old school prediction and ask "What will happen to me this weekend?" If you don't get to this Friday, I'll come back around tomorrow or so and have another question.

Please put your question below in this same thread.

:)
I believe in Crystal Light.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: 03 March Lenormand - Kare and Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm putting this message in since, because I edited the last comment, it won't pop up on notifications, etc.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Well, in that case, I'd like to ask what can

What is something that, in the near term, can help increase my happiness?
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Hi, Charlie Brown,

I'm sorry to have missed your weekend question. That would have been fun. I will post my question here and respond to yours in the next day or two.

My question is how do I get myself back on track in general? I am sure I have work burnout, but my focus, organization, motivation, sleep--everything is a mess right now. I need to be a little better at balance.bhow do I do that?

Thank you!
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Hi, Charlie Brown,

To answer your question about something that can in the near term increase your happiness, I used the Celtic Lenormand and a spread that comes in the guidebook with the deck. The line from left to right is the progression of the issue, while cards above and below represent advice or influences. I will admit that this is a spread, once drawn, that has been difficult for me as a newbie to read in the context of your question.

At the heart of it all is the card of abundance. It seems to have grown out of burdens you have had or serious obligations. (Or you have an abundance of obligations/burdens.) The tree card in this deck has two versions. One of a hardy holly surviving the winter and representing hibernation or rest. The other is set in the summer, representing a time of growth. The big message here seems to be that you should take a time of rest and renewal after a possibly positive but stressful period.

The anchor I read as stability. Either you should focus on the stability you have in your life, or work to bring more of it about. Maybe this will bring abundance or the abundance you are experiencing allows for this. Sometimes rather than noticing the burdens in life, we need to pay more attention to the good we have.

The book as wisdom or esoteric knowledge I am going to say represents a suggestion to look inward. Center yourself, focus on your spiritual growth, gain that stability and abundance through internal means.

I hope this is useful. Thank you for allowing me to read for you. Please feel very free to critique.
Attachments
IMG_20190319_232857722.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks for the reading. It actually does make sense. Joan Marie did a reading for me recently and, since then, several readings have seemed to reinforce what hers said. I think that's what's happening here.

For the horizontal line, which I understand as describing the situation is right on. I did have an overabundance of burdens that caused me to metaphorically hibernate, putting myself 'on ice' so to speak. I feel like it's finally time for me to come out of that, which is not without its challenges. That's what's behind my question.

As to the vertical, advice line, stability and abundance are things I'm blessed with at the moment or at least a steady flow of money coming in. This leads to the book, which is where those other recent readings I've gotten come in. What I keep being told is that I need to start learning new things and/or get some further education in order to start moving forward again in life. So seeing the book come up at the end of the advice/solution line makes perfect sense here.

This question was about short term happiness. As it turns out, I've been having a very fulfilling time learning a new skill between when I asked the question and now. So the advice to channel my luxuries of time and money into knowledge seems to be accurate.

p.s. I've done your reading, but need to get the chance to do the write-up.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

n.b. I'll update later with a picture

So what I've learned this month is that it's much easier for me to describe a situation with the cards that it is to interpret them as action. That is, this month everyone wants verbs instead of nouns. Therefore, I used a spread called "the mirror," which is used instead of a five-card line in situations where the cards are going to be read as instructions for action rather than descriptions of a situation. It's laid out from the center 4-2-1-3-5. The center card is the main theme or lens of the reading. Then cards 2+3 and cards 4+5 are read as pairs.

As an aside, your question made my mind go directly to this old classic from the 80s. I was definitely letting trying to get some of this energy into the reading for you.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2vcvg4

What can Kare do to help get herself "right on track?"

Bear - Snake - Fish - Key - Ring

With the fish at the center, we can see that the reading is going to center around the idea of abundance. Alternatively, given the context, it might also be about your general "flow." Putting those two notions together might suggest an attitude that's sometimes known as an 'abundance mindset.' Let's see if that makes sense when we go through the rest of the cards.

Snake + Key: complicated answers? The certainty of something treacherous or duplicitous? How does that play out as a verb? To complicate? betray?

Bear + ring: maybe to force a commitment? Ring could mean to do something repeatedly? Bear can also be investment. Repeated investment as a verb might mean to practice something. Getting a sense of Snake/Key, which comes first, might help. Also, because we should read this through the focus of the fish, it seems probably that the bear's appearance is at least partially related to its financial meanings. The bear can also be protection, so this might mean that you should protect what's been promised to you.

I put the above stuff down rather than give a more comprehensive interpretation because I'm hoping that some of that will stimulate you when put into combination with the knowledge and context of your life that I don't have.

Now, given that I don't have your context, let's see if I can make some sense of this:

Because of the two financial cards and also the ring (and also because it's what I know about you from last month), I'm thinking that this reading has to do with work.

Last month, I read for you about your job situation. The cards, as I understand them, told you to stay in your current position. There were two caveats. One, the question as I understood it was primarily motivated by external considerations. What's going to give you good money, what's going to not fall through, etc. Two, really an extension of one, the presence of the man and child card in the top line contextualized the reading as being heavily influenced by the family as a whole, not just you personally.

Later in the month, I saw that you were asking another reader for more information about that job situation. I didn't read the thread too too closely, but the impression I got was that whether or not staying in your current position is the most sensible thing to do, that it isn't sitting particularly well with you personally. Regardless of what might be the externally 'best' choice, you're feeling the need for something different.

So...if that's the greater context within which to interpret these cards, then it would make sense to see them as encouraging you to approach the situation with an abundance mindset and come up with some with some innovative solutions. The key normally suggests that something is locked into place, but the snake is devious and finds a way. "Betray" that "certainty" and find a new way forward.

Honestly, I don't have a super firm sense of that bear. Either interpretation makes sense to me. Last month, the cards did encourage you to keep your present position. With that in mind, I these would say "Find an innovative way (snake+key) to make the job more to your liking whilst protecting your contract (bear+ring, alongside the fish's income)." On the other hand, if you've already decided that the present job just isn't for you anymore, then I think that I recall you saying that the problem with the potential new job is that they can't/won't commit to retaining you when you go overseas. In that case, they may be telling you to find a solution that forces that longer-term commitment onto them. That second interpretation could just as easily apply to a job that we haven't yet discussed.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 06:16 Thanks for the reading. It actually does make sense. Joan Marie did a reading for me recently and, since then, several readings have seemed to reinforce what hers said. I think that's what's happening here.

For the horizontal line, which I understand as describing the situation is right on. I did have an overabundance of burdens that caused me to metaphorically hibernate, putting myself 'on ice' so to speak. I feel like it's finally time for me to come out of that, which is not without its challenges. That's what's behind my question.

As to the vertical, advice line, stability and abundance are things I'm blessed with at the moment or at least a steady flow of money coming in. This leads to the book, which is where those other recent readings I've gotten come in. What I keep being told is that I need to start learning new things and/or get some further education in order to start moving forward again in life. So seeing the book come up at the end of the advice/solution line makes perfect sense here.

This question was about short term happiness. As it turns out, I've been having a very fulfilling time learning a new skill between when I asked the question and now. So the advice to channel my luxuries of time and money into knowledge seems to be accurate.

p.s. I've done your reading, but need to get the chance to do the write-up.
Thank you for the super helpful feedback. I hope your endeavors go well and continue to bring happiness or fulfillment, or a sense you are taking the right steps.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 22:19 n.b. I'll update later with a picture

So what I've learned this month is that it's much easier for me to describe a situation with the cards that it is to interpret them as action. That is, this month everyone wants verbs instead of nouns. Therefore, I used a spread called "the mirror," which is used instead of a five-card line in situations where the cards are going to be read as instructions for action rather than descriptions of a situation. It's laid out from the center 4-2-1-3-5. The center card is the main theme or lens of the reading. Then cards 2+3 and cards 4+5 are read as pairs.

As an aside, your question made my mind go directly to this old classic from the 80s. I was definitely letting trying to get some of this energy into the reading for you.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2vcvg4

What can Kare do to help get herself "right on track?"

Bear - Snake - Fish - Key - Ring

With the fish at the center, we can see that the reading is going to center around the idea of abundance. Alternatively, given the context, it might also be about your general "flow." Putting those two notions together might suggest an attitude that's sometimes known as an 'abundance mindset.' Let's see if that makes sense when we go through the rest of the cards.

Snake + Key: complicated answers? The certainty of something treacherous or duplicitous? How does that play out as a verb? To complicate? betray?

Bear + ring: maybe to force a commitment? Ring could mean to do something repeatedly? Bear can also be investment. Repeated investment as a verb might mean to practice something. Getting a sense of Snake/Key, which comes first, might help. Also, because we should read this through the focus of the fish, it seems probably that the bear's appearance is at least partially related to its financial meanings. The bear can also be protection, so this might mean that you should protect what's been promised to you.

I put the above stuff down rather than give a more comprehensive interpretation because I'm hoping that some of that will stimulate you when put into combination with the knowledge and context of your life that I don't have.

Now, given that I don't have your context, let's see if I can make some sense of this:

Because of the two financial cards and also the ring (and also because it's what I know about you from last month), I'm thinking that this reading has to do with work.

Last month, I read for you about your job situation. The cards, as I understand them, told you to stay in your current position. There were two caveats. One, the question as I understood it was primarily motivated by external considerations. What's going to give you good money, what's going to not fall through, etc. Two, really an extension of one, the presence of the man and child card in the top line contextualized the reading as being heavily influenced by the family as a whole, not just you personally.

Later in the month, I saw that you were asking another reader for more information about that job situation. I didn't read the thread too too closely, but the impression I got was that whether or not staying in your current position is the most sensible thing to do, that it isn't sitting particularly well with you personally. Regardless of what might be the externally 'best' choice, you're feeling the need for something different.

So...if that's the greater context within which to interpret these cards, then it would make sense to see them as encouraging you to approach the situation with an abundance mindset and come up with some with some innovative solutions. The key normally suggests that something is locked into place, but the snake is devious and finds a way. "Betray" that "certainty" and find a new way forward.

Honestly, I don't have a super firm sense of that bear. Either interpretation makes sense to me. Last month, the cards did encourage you to keep your present position. With that in mind, I these would say "Find an innovative way (snake+key) to make the job more to your liking whilst protecting your contract (bear+ring, alongside the fish's income)." On the other hand, if you've already decided that the present job just isn't for you anymore, then I think that I recall you saying that the problem with the potential new job is that they can't/won't commit to retaining you when you go overseas. In that case, they may be telling you to find a solution that forces that longer-term commitment onto them. That second interpretation could just as easily apply to a job that we haven't yet discussed.
Thank you for this reading. I did decide to stick it out at work as you rightly suggested, but also thought I should be laying out some long term plans for an eventual shift, which brought about my other question about the work situation. HR actually ignors my requests for a leave application. They are pretty bad, and then my husband got a second opportunity with his work that basically means I can't work full time after the summer anyway. So things have sorted themselves out in the short term. I still worry about the long term.

I struggle to handle my current work, but I have worked hard lately to focus on all the things in my life that I am so lucky to have that others don't. There is your abundance mindset. I've also determined that this is something that needs to be independent of any external situation. It doesn't always work, but I try.

The snake and key are interesting. There are some things happening in my work and my husband's work that have us feeling neither organization is a stable place for us to stay. Very nontransparent and financially problematic stuff. In the midst of it all, besides having a big year next year, my husband is seeking other employment. It would be a great opportunity, but so much has been up in the air, and I have longed for some certainty so long, that I pretty much feel discombobulated all the time. However, things are starting to fall into place. So I will be focusing on the abundance mindset, and looking for a better long term work commitment (bear and ring?). Also, the practice--it has been a thought of mine to at least have a hobby business of reading tarot for money eventually. I wonder if it's that. I've been reading as much as I can. All of your points fit my situation. And the abundance mindset is a good reminder.

I really like the spread you used. I will keep that in my notes. And sharing how you put things together-your thought process-helps me figure out how to manage those meanings and interpretations too, so I am very appreciative. Thank you so much for the reading. Love the song!

Return to “03 March Lenormand Reading Circle”