This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LIST: Kickstarter Tarot Oracle & Lenormand Campaigns Currently Underway

Do you have a Tarot related project on Kickstarter or Indiegogo or elsewhere? What about something available for pre-order? Have you seen one you want to tell us about? Backing a project is like investing in a future present for yourself. Have a look!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

LIST: Kickstarter Tarot Oracle & Lenormand Campaigns Currently Underway

Post by Joan Marie »

I just did a quick scan at Kickstarter and see there are a lot of decks currently open for funding.

I've updated the little info box on the right side of the homepage with links to these but here is a quick overview from me.

The Enchanted Woods Lenormand Oracle Deck
These cards are hand-drawn in pen and ink. Extremely detailed. This one is close to meeting it's very modest funding goal.

The New Wave Angel Realm Oracle Cards
Interesting take on the Angel card theme. Another modest goal, could easily make it if the crowdfunding Angels come through and back it.

Magic Line Tarot
A deck aimed at beginners with simple colorful drawings. Could be a nice kid's deck too.

Between the Lines Tarot
Another deck aimed at beginners. Fun line drawings. It has real personality. This one actually ends soon and is a ways from reaching it's goal. But if enough people "Line up" it could make it. It would be nice to see that.

Tarot African Bone Oracle Not sure if this is Tarot or Oracle, (it looks like an Oracle to me). Nice "minimalist" hand drawn cards.

Madam Clara Sees All Fortune Teller Tarot
This deck has already surpassed it's very modest goal and still has a bit of time left running in this campaign. Cool creepy vibe and video.

Wheel of Fortune Tarot Cards
This deck has also surpassed it's goal with a few more days to spare. Hand done artwork (watercolor I think).

Jamiesaurus Art Cat Lady Tarot
This deck has a modest goal but a ways to go and not much time. It could still make it! A very charming cat deck if that's your thing.

Skele-Tarot
This is a sweet deck. Hand drawn, black and white. It's already surpassed its goal.

Golden Venetian Lenormand
A lush deck with historical images. has already surpassed it's goal with time to spare.

Lot's to choose from at the moment. A few that need to be "rescued" but all can still make it.

Any look interesting to you?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: LIST: Kickstarter Tarot Oracle & Lenormand Campaigns Currently Underway

Post by Rachelcat »

Ah, that Golden Venetian Lenormand is truly beautiful! A little pricey, but very high quality. Like I need another Lenormand. But then, shouldn't we support the production of beauty in this world? Especially on cards!

I looked into the companion Venetian Tarot, but for some reason I can't like a tarot in which all characters are wearing masks. It's like it's planning on lying to me or something! But it's also quite beautiful!

Thanks for the list. I'm checking them all out!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Sezo
Seeker

Post by Sezo »

ooooooh! This is going to be a dangerous thread
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

So, the Between the Lines Tarot and the Jamisuarus Art Cat Lady Tarot decks did not meet their funding goals.
I always think it's pity when decks this sweet don't make it, they both had modest goals but just couldn't get there.

I really do think that the success of any Kickstarter is more a question of "reach" than of the quality of the work. So many beautiful decks never get made because enough people never found about it.

Reminds me of a line from a song,
I thought of my friends who had died of exposure
And I remembered other ones who had died from the lack of it
Replace the word "friends" with "decks" and you see what I mean. But the decks are made by people who experience great disappointment when their work isn't supported sufficiently to bring it into the world.

Some come back with alternatives to getting their work produced. See these updates: Crooked Way Tarot and Theda Bara Tarot

Both great decks that got really close, but in the end just missed out.

I would love to find a way to bring all these works to a much larger audience so that the people who are attracted to different decks can find and support them.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I just added 3 new decks to the "Live Crowdfunding Campaigns" info-box on the home page.

They are
The Veleda Oracle these are really pretty and I think would really appeal especially to people whose intuition is sparked by color.

The Pathfinder Oracle Another really pretty deck. Hand painted, squre format in saturated desert colors. Just lovely.

The Field Tarot ANother hand illustrated deck. Gorgeous work.

It is really tempting to go for all 3.
Martinkatzoff
Seeker

Post by Martinkatzoff »

Hi TArot friends, I am currently creating a hand-printed Tarot deck from copperplate etchings. This takes a lot of time and materials, I would really appreciate it if you could share this project with anyone who may be interested in donating. currently, I have completed the Major Arcana but I am working on the Minor now, any input/ feedback about this project/ specific cards would be most appreciated. Thank you!!!
The Solar Deck
Mesopotamian and Canaanite mythology inspired Tarot deck.

Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Hi Martinkatzoff, this is so nice ! Will help to share around !
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I just added this to the info box on the home page.

This looks like a really amazing project. I wish you all the luck in the world with it!

Please feel free to post updates any time. We have a place to post peeks of works in progress HERE
Libra
Sage

Post by Libra »

Just found The Slow Tarot on Kickstarter!
Intuitive tarot to inspire & empower @ www.ResonatingReadings.com
DuckSoupProductions
Seer

Post by DuckSoupProductions »

HEY! Don't forget this:

"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game." -- William Faulkner.
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

I ended up on Kickstarter yesterday, and I saw this. The concept intrigues me. What are your thoughts on it?

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

shadowrose wrote: โ†‘25 Apr 2019, 15:16 I ended up on Kickstarter yesterday, and I saw this. The concept intrigues me. What are your thoughts on it?
It certainly is attractive. I think it would take a very particular kind of reader to make good use out of it. It might be helpful as a study deck, although I've seen some that are more expressly designed for that purpose and, hence, would probably be more effective.
I believe in Crystal Light.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

DuckSoupProductions wrote: โ†‘19 Apr 2019, 23:26 HEY! Don't forget this:

I am so thrilled to see this deck get backed and meet a stretch goal. I also finally get to own the Zirkus deck as lucky me snaffled the limited reward :)

Return to โ€œCurrent Crowdfunding Campaigns & Pre-Ordersโ€