This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Intuitive: AnnwynTarot reads for jaq

Participants in the February Intuitive Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the February Intuitive Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
AnwynnTarot
Seer

Intuitive: AnnwynTarot reads for jaq

Post by AnwynnTarot »

SO sorry for the delay! I must not have this set up right for getting notifications, and I was ill last week, so I didn't check in with the forum at all!

I'm ready whenever you want to ask your question!
jaq
Sage

Re: Intuitive: AnnwynTarot reads for jaq

Post by jaq »

AnwynnTarot wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 15:21 SO sorry for the delay! I must not have this set up right for getting notifications, and I was ill last week, so I didn't check in with the forum at all!

I'm ready whenever you want to ask your question!
Hope you're feeling better now!

Our housing situations feels a bit unstable. I need to talk to our landlord about it, and I need to declutter. I feel pretty blah about both of these things. What could energize me to make those more attractive activities?
AnwynnTarot
Seer

Post by AnwynnTarot »

jaq wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 17:27

Our housing situations feels a bit unstable. I need to talk to our landlord about it, and I need to declutter. I feel pretty blah about both of these things. What could energize me to make those more attractive activities?
I am feeling better, thanks!

Before I do the reading, I'd like some clarification. You say your housing situation feels unstable--what do you mean by unstable? I want to be able to direct the reading according to whether you mean you're having a rough time with roommates (though this is unlikely, as you're considering talking to the landlord about it) or you are having rents unfairly raised, or the place you're renting may be sold so you have to move--basically I want to pin down if this is primarily financial, emotional, general uncertainty, or all of the above (though I dearly hope not all of the above!)
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

AnwynnTarot wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 19:54
jaq wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 17:27

I am feeling better, thanks!

Before I do the reading, I'd like some clarification. You say your housing situation feels unstable--what do you mean by unstable? I want to be able to direct the reading according to whether you mean you're having a rough time with roommates (though this is unlikely, as you're considering talking to the landlord about it) or you are having rents unfairly raised, or the place you're renting may be sold so you have to move--basically I want to pin down if this is primarily financial, emotional, general uncertainty, or all of the above (though I dearly hope not all of the above!)
Thanks for asking. There's a possibility the place may be sold. Also, there are some renovations that need to be done whether it's sold or not. Also, our sub-renter is moving out, and there's some questions how to proceed with that, both given the uncertainty as to whether we're going to stay and also whether we want to change some of our rental arrangements with our future sub-renter. I would say the majority of the uncertainty is around practical matters. But I sort of know what the next steps are, so mostly the question is about how to motivate myself in a positive way to tackle them.
AnwynnTarot
Seer

Post by AnwynnTarot »

Okay, so I’m not 100% sure my answer is what y’all mean by intuitive reading, but here goes… I focused on your question by breaking it down in to a four part spread—here are those parts and the cards I drew for each (from the Universal Waite deck):

1. The energy surrounding your current situation: 9 of Cups
2. The energy required to consult with your landlord: Ace of Swords reversed
3. The energy required to declutter: Page of Cups
4. Advice for getting motivated to tackle these issues: 5 of Pentacles

I was surprised by some of the cards I drew at first, but as I considered them, things began to make sense in a way that I hope resonates with you.

I feel that there is a “careful what you wish for” element to your current situation. Perhaps you are craving something different in your housing arrangements, but now you’re being forced into making changes instead of completely choosing them, and this makes the whole thing seem like more of a hassle than it might have otherwise.

The best way to proceed with your landlord is to not overthink things, which will just make you anxious, muddle up what you need to communicate, and further delay you taking action. Since you know what you need to do, this is one of those times when you need to stop mulling over the conversation and just make the conversation happen. I also see the Ace of Swords reversed as putting your sword down, so if you have any hostility or resentment towards your landlord over these issues, do your best to approach him in a peaceful, non-antagonistic way.

When it comes to decluttering, which will need to happen whether you decide to move or to stay, you will have the best results if you approach it with a playfulness and lightheartedness. Instead of seeing it as a major chore, dive into it with the idea that you are clearing out room to have more fun, to feel better in your home environment, and to create more space (literal and figurative) for the things that make you happy. Decluttering is also likely to give you a fresh, starting over type feeling that will be invigorating.

If the above isn’t enough to motivate you, the 5 of Pentacles is telling me that you need to push yourself to tackle these concerns because failing to act on them is likely to have material consequences, perhaps financial, perhaps health-wise due to stress, or perhaps both. This card may also mean that you have resources to help you out that you aren’t taking advantage of.

I like to find the Quintessence of the reading (a la Liz Dean) by adding up the numbers of the cards, and for yours that’s 15 or the Devil. This makes me think you may be feeling unnecessarily tied to this place or to how you’ve been doing things here and that is having a negative effect on you. It could be you really do need to give yourself permission to move, or simply that you need to recognize that there are more possibilities for change and getting what you want in this situation than you have been able to see thus far, which seems to me to tie back into the 9 of Cups. Maybe there is something you need to set yourself free from in order to get what you truly want out of your home environment.

I hope this is clear and helpful in some way!
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

AnwynnTarot wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 21:28 1. The energy surrounding your current situation: 9 of Cups
2. The energy required to consult with your landlord: Ace of Swords reversed
3. The energy required to declutter: Page of Cups
4. Advice for getting motivated to tackle these issues: 5 of Pentacles

I feel that there is a “careful what you wish for” element to your current situation. Perhaps you are craving something different in your housing arrangements, but now you’re being forced into making changes instead of completely choosing them, and this makes the whole thing seem like more of a hassle than it might have otherwise.
Altogether, this reading resonated a lot but this card and your interpretation I don't quite understand. Not sure what you mean by "careful what you wish for". I'm not craving anything different, just see changes ahead. Could you get a bit more into how you see the 9 of cups talking about hassle?
The best way to proceed with your landlord is to not overthink things, which will just make you anxious, muddle up what you need to communicate, and further delay you taking action. Since you know what you need to do, this is one of those times when you need to stop mulling over the conversation and just make the conversation happen. I also see the Ace of Swords reversed as putting your sword down, so if you have any hostility or resentment towards your landlord over these issues, do your best to approach him in a peaceful, non-antagonistic way.
Yup. You're totally right. Just get it done. I like that as an interpretation of the Ace of Swords. Make a decision, say the words. Fortunately, I have a good relationship with my landlords. They are just totally overwhelmed with life stuff right now, so dealing with the renovations is not top of their minds.

When it comes to decluttering, which will need to happen whether you decide to move or to stay, you will have the best results if you approach it with a playfulness and lightheartedness. Instead of seeing it as a major chore, dive into it with the idea that you are clearing out room to have more fun, to feel better in your home environment, and to create more space (literal and figurative) for the things that make you happy. Decluttering is also likely to give you a fresh, starting over type feeling that will be invigorating.
That totally works! I have a special relationship with the page of cup's playfulness, so that is very helpful!

If the above isn’t enough to motivate you, the 5 of Pentacles is telling me that you need to push yourself to tackle these concerns because failing to act on them is likely to have material consequences, perhaps financial, perhaps health-wise due to stress, or perhaps both. This card may also mean that you have resources to help you out that you aren’t taking advantage of.
Yes, that makes sense. Not dealing with this could very easily have financial consequences. And looking at what resources I have will be very helpful.

I like to find the Quintessence of the reading (a la Liz Dean) by adding up the numbers of the cards, and for yours that’s 15 or the Devil. This makes me think you may be feeling unnecessarily tied to this place or to how you’ve been doing things here and that is having a negative effect on you. It could be you really do need to give yourself permission to move, or simply that you need to recognize that there are more possibilities for change and getting what you want in this situation than you have been able to see thus far, which seems to me to tie back into the 9 of Cups. Maybe there is something you need to set yourself free from in order to get what you truly want out of your home environment.
Yes, this is very good advice. We really, really like this place and it is ridiculously inexpensive in a very tight, expensive housing market. But does that mean that's all there is? Heck no. There's always other possibilities, new horizons, and there's no way I'm going to let the Devil make me think otherwise :D

Thanks for a great reading!
AnwynnTarot
Seer

Post by AnwynnTarot »

Glad I could help a little! As for the 9 of Cups, I often see that as getting what you want, but along with getting what you want can be the hassle of having to deal with all the practical arrangements associated with that wishes' fulfillment, especially when things start happening without you making the active choice to make them happen, so I was guessing that you may be being pushed towards something you want right now but not in the most ideal way. I don't think I phrased it very well--also my interpretation of that aspect of the card may have just been off base!

thanks so much for the feedback!

Return to “02 February Intuitive reading Circle”