This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM: BreathingSince72 reads for Charlie Brown

Participants in the February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM: BreathingSince72 reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Victoria,

How can I be a more effective person?

By "effective" I mean getting things done more efficiently, waste less time, procrastinate less, be more proactive and to do all of this with a lighter, more positive outlook and attitude.
I believe in Crystal Light.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Re: TdM: BreathingSince72 reads for Charlie Brown

Post by BreathingSince72 »

This is a fabulous question and I’ve a sense I will be answering for us both. Look forward to reading for you.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
BreathingSince72
Sage

BC59E546-14FF-4696-A5F8-23AECB5C6984.jpeg

You asked,
“How can I be a more effective person?

By "effective" I mean getting things done more efficiently, waste less time, procrastinate less, be more proactive and to do all of this with a lighter, more positive outlook and attitude.”

I used the Flornoy Noblet (corners rounded by myself) for this reading. I want to say in advance that this was a very well-shuffled deck. This is what I drew.

VALET DESPEE-LECHARIOT-LAMORT
LEMPERATRISE-Five of Cups-CHEVALIERDEDENIERS
LAPAPESSE-LAMAISON DIEV-Ace of Deniers

A very interesting cast of characters indeed. Honestly, this one was a ringer because I saw two separate storylines going. Although I see many, many things here, I shall try to be concise. I am also going to stick to the storyline directly related to your question even though I think the other is pertinent. If you would like it, I will PM you because, in my mind, it was pretty personal.

Every character in our first row is looking to the left with exception to the bodiless heads in LAMORT. They are looking at the here and now future (see that paradox…lol), perhaps an indicator of a past thing you have brought with you, such as this tendency to procrastinate. Is this something that has been with you since your youth?

You have made an honest appraisal of this behavior, over which you would like to triumph, but have realized that you will have to clear up some external factors. You have already realized this will require an act of will but still feel stuck and unable to remove it from your life
In the row representing the present, I see a disconnect between the seated/stuck you and the you that is moving toward a goal. You want to create a specific reality and your desire to pursue this goal is strong but you feel like you’re on an island. The five of cups can often show that we are aching for something. What is standing out to me in this card is that the central cup, while on the card with the other cups. Is separated from the others by the foliage, hence my interpretation.

The third row holds your solution. This is where you can breathe a sigh of relief (kind of) because in the final outcome, the coin that the CHEVALIER is pursuing ends up within your grasp. Although I don’t know you in an I’m-in-your-head sort of way, this line gives me the sense that your internal perception really magnifies the issue. From the outside, you look clear and focused but perhaps on the inside, you feel like there is just too much going on.

LAPAPESSE shows that you are seeking, and should continue to seek, a spiritual solution. The issue is actually spiritual in nature. Meditation is critical to your solution. LA MAISON DIEV feels like an invitation to “scrape the marmalade off your mind” as Enrique Enriquez wrote in Tarology. In order for you to stop procrastinating, you need a complete upheavel. You don’t, after all, procrastinate with everything. More likely, you procrastinate over the stuff you feel like you “have to” do. You have to have a willingness to step outside of your carefully controlled comfort zone. The figures falling outside the tower obviously do not fit inside of it. This is yet another invitation to be willing to look at things in a completely different way. I suspect you have already started the process. This may feel really uncomfortable for a really long time. But your result will be not only receiving the reward you were chasing but learning that the reward is much bigger than you originally thought. (Also, avoid being greedy in your pursuit as this will alienate others who need you and vice versa).

What is your mission? If you were to write a mission statement for your life, what would that look like? When you know that, your next job is to drop everything that does not support that statement. This will provide a great deal more positivity in all that you approach.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

BreathingSince72 wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 04:21
I'll just jump right in, since we've been PMing a little already.
BC59E546-14FF-4696-A5F8-23AECB5C6984.jpeg
Every character in our first row is looking to the left with exception to the bodiless heads in LAMORT. They are looking at the here and now future (see that paradox…lol), perhaps an indicator of a past thing you have brought with you, such as this tendency to procrastinate. Is this something that has been with you since your youth?

You have made an honest appraisal of this behavior, over which you would like to triumph, but have realized that you will have to clear up some external factors. You have already realized this will require an act of will but still feel stuck and unable to remove it from your life
It's funny, because when I saw that first row, I immediately thought of one thing, you read something else. Upon reflection, I see them both there in the line and it does tie together a lot of the questions you were asking, such as a mission statement or past habits.

So what I immediately honed in on was the Chariot/Death combo. What a great use of the left facing death card. So to answer one question, procrastination isn't necessarily my biggest problem, but it isn't so much that I proscratinate with what I have to do, like you suggested, but that I procrastinate on what I should do. When I have to do something I'm all over it. We see that in the Chariot. Basically, I was on a very well defined path in which I had tons of inflexible responsibilities. I shot like a rocket. But when external forces kind of shut that life down (death cutting out those wheels) I had nowhere to go. That's what I was seeing. But, you're absolutely right that without that Chariot, I'm back to just being the Page of Swords and lot of the habits I'm stuck in are the same patterns that I was stuck in before I got on the ride, so to speak.

BreathingSince72 wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 04:21In the row representing the present, I see a disconnect between the seated/stuck you and the you that is moving toward a goal. The five of cups can often show that we are aching for something. What is standing out to me in this card is that the central cup, while on the card with the other cups. Is separated from the others by the foliage, hence my interpretation.
Yeah, absolutely. I'm sitting in my seat, waiting for it to move like the one on my chariot. (spoiler alert: It ain't moving). It would be nice to have a horse to ride and a coin to lay out a path, but there are those five cups in my way. There's definitely some kind of emotional blockage that's keeping me internalized on the couch and not externalized on a fresh horse. I don't know the exact nature of it, but it doesn't really feel like an ache. You might be onto something when you point out the separation aspect of it but, from what? Maybe those nice horses on my old chariot.

BreathingSince72 wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 04:21 LAPAPESSE shows that you are seeking, and should continue to seek, a spiritual solution. The issue is actually spiritual in nature. Meditation is critical to your solution.
I don't know about this. Of course, if I'm not doing it and it's the thing I should be doing then how would I know. Joan's recent reading for me suggested that I needed some new form of education. I wonder if that's what she's referring to, given her book.
BreathingSince72 wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 04:21 LA MAISON DIEV feels like an invitation to “scrape the marmalade off your mind” You have to have a willingness to step outside of your carefully controlled comfort zone.
No doubt. I can't get on the horse if I can't get to the stable.
BreathingSince72 wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 04:21The figures falling outside the tower obviously do not fit inside of it. This is yet another invitation to be willing to look at things in a completely different way. I suspect you have already started the process.
This is a really important point and one that I have, indeed, been trying to work on in some different ways. I told you above a little bit about how I pretty much lost the entire structure around which my life was based but, to be honest, I don't really want any of it back, I just don't have much of a conception of anything else, which is why I'm pretty much stuck in whatever patterns I had available to me before this whole trip started.

I especially appreciated your advice about trying to be greedy as a way to alienate people that would otherwise be leeching off of me. That's solid, like that big coin.

Thx
I believe in Crystal Light.
BreathingSince72
Sage

When did I say to be greedy? Just kidding. Thanks for your feedback, CB, it is appreciated. I will be able to use it going forward.

It is of interest to me that you had a certain type of life before that you would never want your life to resemble now. I can relate to that. I had a lifestyle many years ago that I would never want to live again but I was still left with some of the habits or behaviors or thinking patterns. Those take a little longer to overcome.

Return to “02 February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle”