This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM: Joan reads for jaq

Participants in the February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

TdM: Joan reads for jaq

Post by Joan Marie »

Hello there! Ready for your question whenever you are.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
jaq
Sage

Re: TdM: Joan reads for jaq

Post by jaq »

Joan Marie wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 14:15 Hello there! Ready for your question whenever you are.
Ok ... here's the question: Why is it so difficult to make a decision about my hair?! I'm usually not indecisive. Or maybe - hopefully - by the time you do the reading, the question will be, why WAS it so difficult?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jaq wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 02:46 Ok ... here's the question: Why is it so difficult to make a decision about my hair?! I'm usually not indecisive. Or maybe - hopefully - by the time you do the reading, the question will be, why WAS it so difficult?
I love questions like this. They seem simple on the surface but there's often something interesting bubbling underneath them.

Thanks and I will try and get to it by the weekend.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jaq wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 02:46 Ok ... here's the question: Why is it so difficult to make a decision about my hair?! I'm usually not indecisive. Or maybe - hopefully - by the time you do the reading, the question will be, why WAS it so difficult?
So here is the full spread to address your query:
01.jpg

The first thing I would like to note is 4 of the 9 cards are minors and all 4 of them are Swords. Considering we are talking about haircuts that may be significant on a literal level. Considering we are talking about a bit of indecision or anxiety (if that isn't going too far) Swords are also significant.

All the rest of the cards are Majors so maybe we are looking at a moment of destiny here.

I will start with the first row, The past:

02.jpg

What I am wondering is if there is some influence from your past, in the form of some one close to you who maybe had opinions about your appearance? It could have been a partner but what I am really seeing is a parent maybe? In any case, these opinions made you anxious or unhappy. (10 of swords)

The second row, The Present:

03.jpg

I think that's you in the middle, The Sun, kind of free, comfortable in her skin and on the right the Cavalier of Swords, brave ready to assert their will. But on the left, this sort of pesky authoritarian influence, a bit less threatening than it was in the past but still there, causing you indecision, making you second-guess your own will.

Third Row, The Future

04.jpg

I see you much more confident about following your will, making decisions. The Chariot and Ace of Swords both being decisive and action-oriented. But that little nagging 5 of swords represents your old insecurity although it is much diminished from earlier times. Much and won't be a hinderance, just a little remnant of your former thinking.

So, to take a stab at answering your question, why is it so hard to make a decision about your hair, I would say it is because of an inner conflict caused by someone from your past who had strong opinions about your hair that you have internalised and without knowing it, you are still concerned with trying to please that person even though those opinions are irrelevant. However, that hold on you is lessening and will lessen even more as time goes on.

lucy.png

Tell me if you think I'm close at all. Thank you for the question. ❤️ I hope my answer isn't too weird!
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Joan Marie wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 19:53
So, to take a stab at answering your question, why is it so hard to make a decision about your hair, I would say it is because of an inner conflict caused by someone from your past who had strong opinions about your hair that you have internalised and without knowing it, you are still concerned with trying to please that person even though those opinions are irrelevant. However, that hold on you is lessening and will lessen even more as time goes on.

Tell me if you think I'm close at all. Thank you for the question. ❤️ I hope my answer isn't too weird!
I love all the swords in there! So spot on. Decisions about cutting something.

The first thing that comes up is that there's a connection between my hair and my mother. I last cut my hair over six years ago, on the occasion of my daughter's wedding. Since then, only trims, and now I have hair down almost past my bum (my hair grows really fast.) When my daughter first planned her wedding, there had been a faint hope that my mother might make it to it but that wasn't to be. When I visited my mother in Germany that year in the summer, I said, I'll cut my hair once she passes. At that point the end was easy to anticipate. She died 15 months later; fortunately, I was able to see her again before that. And then I just could not bring myself to cut my hair. After a while, I started to really like how long it was, and I got a lot of compliments for it, and how I didn't hide the silver. That's when the real back and forth started. So - a definite connection with a parent. Also, I do remember now that my father had opinions about women's appearance. Many years ago I realized that his mild but very definite comments about weight had had quite an influence on me. It's quite possible that extends to hair as well, and the presence of the Emperor and the Pope certainly points to a male influence.

I was just thinking how the woman in the World really does feel like me. Naked, with long hair! And suddenly it occurs to me that the persona that I like so much who has long hair is a persona I can also have with short hair.

Thank you for an insightful reading!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jaq wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 20:42 Thank you for an insightful reading!
You are so welcome!

I think it's interesting too how the Lovers card that showed up in the past could be a nod to your daughter's wedding, and the presence, real or felt, of an older woman in attendance.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Joan Marie wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 14:24
I think it's interesting too how the Lovers card that showed up in the past could be a nod to your daughter's wedding, and the presence, real or felt, of an older woman in attendance.
Ah, of course! I was wondering about the Lovers ... and it was just their anniversary, so it makes sense that it makes its presence known.

Return to “02 February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle”