This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Feb. TdM Circle Sign-Up

Participants in the February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Feb. TdM Circle Sign-Up

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sign-Up by: Feb. 10
Readings due by: Feb 22
Feedback due by: Feb 28

To sign up, please respond to this thread.

This month's spread is good for anyone looking to get a little more practice in with their pip cards. It is a 9-card reduction of the famous (or perhaps infamous) 21-card Romany tableau (a.k.a. 'the gypsy spread')

This spread is for either full-deck or minors-only reading.

The cards are read according to where they fall in their rows and columns.

Row 1: Past
Row 2: Present
Row 3: Future

Column 1: The querent and/or interior aspects of the question
Column 2: Relationships, exchanges, etc. between the querent/interior and others/exterior
Column 3: Others and/or exterior aspects of the question

These are general guidelines. Other normal techniques of tableau reading can be applied as necessary. In a tableau this small, however, I anticipate that such issues will be minimal. Readers who are familiar with Lenormand will understand all this.

Here is an actual reading (with a very brief summary) I did with this spread. I was asked for a general reading. Feedback from the querent says that the reading was highly accurate. The deck was minors only.

20180727_004318.jpg

First notice that court cards appear in each row of the first column. Awesomely, we’re getting a portrait of the querent over three stages of life.

In the past, we see the querent primed for success as he raced forth into his new ventures. He was racing towards success and the world was in harmony with his will (6 of Wands).

In the present, we can see that things didn’t proceed so well. The knight has been diminished to a page and that big coin looks a lot smaller now. The six of cups in the center followed by the five of cups suggests a dissonance. The querent is trying to emotionally reconcile himself (6 of cups) to emotionally fraught circumstances (5 of cups).

In the future, things can turn around. This will require a change of elemental orientation, however, by embracing wands/fire energy rather than the swords/coins complex that he’s worked with up to now. The right diagonal (6-6-King) further affirms that this will be a fruitful position.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Feb. TdM Circle Sign-Up

Post by Joan Marie »

Looks challenging. I'm in.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

I'm game!
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Oy vey. OK, count me in.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I'm in! But be warned, I may well use some fascinating techniques I learned from Enrique Enriquez. Also, OMG, someone else says "oy vey!" @Dodalisque, you just made my day!
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.

Return to “02 February Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle”