This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Lenormand: Charlie Brown reads for Kare

Participants in the February Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the February Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Lenormand: Charlie Brown reads for Kare

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Kare,

The big day is here! What is your question?

CB
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Re: Lenormand: Charlie Brown reads for Kare

Post by kare »

Thank you for your patience. My question is about a work decision. In one year, my family and I have an opportunity to live overseas for several months as part of my husband's work. My current work contract ends in June. We usually get one year contracts, but I could seek to extend it only through December. Or I could leave my position in June, and take a part time job for a lot less money that I would probably like a lot more and could likely pick up again when I returned, but no guarantee and it would only be part time. I think I would prefer the part time job, but worry about money and am generally resistant to change anyway. Also if I kept the full time job, I could apply for leave and be able to return to it when we got back. But I don't think I want that job anymore--most of the time am ready to leave with no doubts, can't wait, but that was a 9 year career. So some guidance in being risky and going part time but enjoying it, or sticking with my current full-time job would be so helpful. Thank you!
Charlie Brown wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 17:08 Hi Kare,

The big day is here! What is your question?

CB
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks for such a great question. Rather than ask about each scenario separately, I asked about the situation as a whole and how you can make the best decision regarding your employment.

n.b. click on photo in order to view upright
20190213_234551.jpg

In a nutshell, I think these cards say that you are best advised to leave the country with a contract/assurances (letter+ring as contract) for your future employment already in hand. Therefore, they say that you should keep your current position, based on my understanding of your situation.

The top row and center column both seem to describe your situation to a 't'. We see your family across the top, showing us that they have the most bearing on the situation. Down the center column, we see your husband's international business taking you to a new home.

Row two starts with the key, showing us what to lock down, as it were. We see the letter at the end of the line, suggesting that a document is of some import. Ship + letter can very well mean a business document. Column 1 can be read as encouraging a simple (child), confirmed (key) course( stars) of action (question).

As an aside, the birds can represent either minor stresses or journeys. IMO, the latter makes a bit more sense in context but, really, either seem to work and, in general, I don't think it's an especially important card in the spread. So row one would read as "family journey" or "family stresses" (over the journey of course) and column three would read as "journey with a contract" or "stress over the contract"

Finally, row 3 advises to return home (stars+house) with a commitment (ring).

So, as I said, I think the cards' emphasis on simplicity, confirmation, and commitment combine to advise you to stay in your current position. I do, however, get the vibe (and I'm not a vibe-y person, so take this for what it's worth) that a new opportunity is going to open up for you while you're over there.
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Thank you for this reading. Your advice to work to keep the full-time position has helped me to have a more flexible mindset about this process. I and my spouse would feel more secure if I had a full-time job to return to. Having that contract in hand would alleviate all of the uncertainty. I have started the process of requesting leave so I could return, but it is unclear what they will offer me. So we have decided to just be flexible and to go with the flow for now. Both options are on the table for a while yet.

I like the idea that the trip itself could lead to something new for me. I wish I could creatively come up with an idea that would translate to employment, but that gives me a sense of possibility and extra excitement, and energizes me to look for opportunities.

Simple is definitely what I am looking for. A simple solution. There is definitely worry about my job situation, but I know there are still some options and I have a little time. I am more laid back about it now. Your reading was right on and also very helpful.

Thank you.
Charlie Brown wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 17:16 Thanks for such a great question. Rather than ask about each scenario separately, I asked about the situation as a whole and how you can make the best decision regarding your employment.

n.b. click on photo in order to view upright

20190213_234551.jpg

In a nutshell, I think these cards say that you are best advised to leave the country with a contract/assurances (letter+ring as contract) for your future employment already in hand. Therefore, they say that you should keep your current position, based on my understanding of your situation.

The top row and center column both seem to describe your situation to a 't'. We see your family across the top, showing us that they have the most bearing on the situation. Down the center column, we see your husband's international business taking you to a new home.

Row two starts with the key, showing us what to lock down, as it were. We see the letter at the end of the line, suggesting that a document is of some import. Ship + letter can very well mean a business document. Column 2 can be read as encouraging a simple (child), confirmed (key) course( stars) of action (question).

As an aside, the birds can represent either minor stresses or journeys. IMO, the latter makes a bit more sense in context but, really, either seem to work and, in general, I don't think it's an especially important card in the spread. So row one would read as "family journey" or "family stresses" (over the journey of course) and column three would read as "journey with a contract" or "stress over the contract"

Finally, row 3 advises to return home (stars+house) with a commitment (ring).

So, as I said, I think the cards' emphasis on simplicity, confirmation, and commitment combine to advise you to stay in your current position. I do, however, get the vibe (and I'm not a vibe-y person, so take this for what it's worth) that a new opportunity is going to open up for you while you're over there.

Return to “02 February Lenormand Reading Circle”