This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Short Introduction

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Linfang
Seeker

Short Introduction

Post by Linfang »

Hi there, though I am a member since almost one year already I have not been active in this forum. Being a Tarot veteran, I got my first deck amost thirty years ago. I am foremost a collector, but I ready frequently for myself and others. I live in Germany (poor victim of customs charges everytime I order something nice from outside EU 8-) )

Since AT shut down, I wasn't really active in any forum (even before I was not a regular poster, language barrier makes me afraid of making too many mistakes...), but this seems a lovely place to reconnect with the community.

So cheers :-)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Short Introduction

Post by Joan Marie »

Linfang wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 10:27 this seems a lovely place to reconnect with the community.
Hi Linfang! So happy that you have joined us. It's good to have you here and so glad you have chosen us to reconnect with the community.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Linfang
Seeker

Post by Linfang »

Thank you!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Welcome Linfang. It's so nice that you've made the step to become active here. I would think you have a lot of interesting things to share with us.

I don't think the language barrier will be a problem. Firstly, you seem to have a very good knowledge of English, and also the language of Tarot is universal. If you make some grammar mistakes, who cares. And if you use a slightly wrong word, people will realise it's not your native language and will auto-correct in their mind.

Hope to see you around !!
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Linfang
Seeker

Post by Linfang »

Thank you so much for your kind words, Marigold.

Yes, you are right, the language of Tarot should be universal. But I experienced in the past that, especially when you are just communicating by writing, the meaning can get lost in translation. Years ago I really had a traumatic experience, where I was completely misunderstood in an online discussion because I chose the wrong English words. Anyway, I've grown since that and this really seems to be a warm and friendly place, so I should not worry too much.

I am just setting up a new excel file to keep up with my collection. With over 500 decks, some duplicates, it is difficult to maintain a proper overview :oops: Some decks I hadn't had a look at in years, poor things. So this seems a perfect timing to get back on a forum and join a discussion or two. Just hope there isn't too much enabling going on here, my storage space is all used up :mrgreen:
jupiter
Seeker

Post by jupiter »

Linfang wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 10:27(...) I live in Germany (poor victim of customs charges everytime I order something nice from outside EU 8-) )(...)
Hallo aus der Nähe von Hannover. :)
Welcome to the forum!

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”