This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Hello, it's me Major Tom

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Major_Tom
Seeker

Hello, it's me Major Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

I reckon some of you will know me from the old purple pages.

It's taken quite a while, but here I am.

I'm kinda busy these days so don't yet know how active I'll be, but I do look forward to sharing with you and learning from you.
Diana
Sage

Re: Hello, it's me Major Tom

Post by Diana »

Major_Tom wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 02:00 I reckon some of you will know me from the old purple pages.

I'm kinda busy these days so don't yet know how active I'll be, but I do look forward to sharing with you and learning from you.
Oh my ears and whiskers !!! Major Tom is here. The designer of the world renowned Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles !!! Maybe we could revive it on these boards. It's a great deck. Didn't receive the attention it deserved I think. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ma ... arseilles/

It's really good to see you again. As for me, I may look like a Marigold, sound like a Marigold and act like a Marigold, but underneath is the real me : Diana. (I'm even a card in your Marseilles deck so I will live on forever in the TdM. It's a lovely idea!!!). I have a feeling you will not have forgotten me considering all those interactions we used to have on the purple place.

Am still as passionate as always about the TdM. I took a long break (more than ten years I think) from the Tarot but returned recently and all the old passion returned. I have mellowed a little though, I probably won't anymore speak of throwing pearls to swine which was the last straw that got me banned from the purple place.

This forum is the best. I'm so glad you joined. And I hope you'll be hugely active !!!!

(Diana aka Marigold goes off for her second mug of morning coffee feeling most satisfied with this lovely surprise).
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

oh how good to see you! Euripides here. It took me a long time, too.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Lucifall
Seer

Post by Lucifall »

Oh my ears and whiskers !!! Major Tom is here. The designer of the world renowned Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles !!! Maybe we could revive it on these boards. It's a great deck. Didn't receive the attention it deserved I think. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ma ... arseilles/

It's really good to see you again. As for me, I may look like a Marigold, sound like a Marigold and act like a Marigold, but underneath is the real me : Diana. (I'm even a card in your Marseilles deck so I will live on forever in the TdM. It's a lovely idea!!!). I have a feeling you will not have forgotten me considering all those interactions we used to have on the purple place.

Am still as passionate as always about the TdM. I took a long break (more than ten years I think) from the Tarot but returned recently and all the old passion returned. I have mellowed a little though, I probably won't anymore speak of throwing pearls to swine which was the last straw that got me banned from the purple place.

This forum is the best. I'm so glad you joined. And I hope you'll be hugely active !!!!

(Diana aka Marigold goes off for her second mug of morning coffee feeling most satisfied with this lovely surprise).
Thank you so much for sharing the link.
Those cards are really awesome!!
Paths you don't draw as a blue-print; Use your lightest feet to create your own.
Lucifall
Lucifall
Seer

Post by Lucifall »

Major_Tom wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 02:00 I reckon some of you will know me from the old purple pages.

Hello Tom,

The title was very eye catching for this David Bowie fan. :-)
I followed the link of Marigold.
Wow Wow Wow! You really have created a beautifull set. II love the colours.

The set is on my wish list.
Paths you don't draw as a blue-print; Use your lightest feet to create your own.
Lucifall
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I need to correct an error I made in my welcome post. I said I was a card in the Marseilles deck. But I think not. That's not possible. Was there not another deck you designed based on the Waite ? My memory is serving me badly here. I remember a photo with me holding up some sort of globe or something, and Solandia on her card was facing with her back to us - maybe the two of Wands ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Major_Tom
Seeker

Post by Major_Tom »

Marigold wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 18:02 Was there not another deck you designed based on the Waite ? My memory is serving me badly here. I remember a photo with me holding up some sort of globe or something, and Solandia on her card was facing with her back to us - maybe the two of Wands ?
Unfortunately, I never finished that deck. I do still have the images somewhere... I'll nose around and try to find it.

Thanks for the welcome archimedes and Lucifall.
Tor
Seer

Post by Tor »

Welcome Major Tom :-)

(yes, I remember your name from AT)

Tor
Time is desire

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”