This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Joan Marie reads for Charlie Brown

Participants in the January Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Forum rules
Participants in the January Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Joan Marie reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Joan Marie,

How can I go about having more fire energy? I feel like I've been in a deficit.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=980&p=5310#p5310
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Joan Marie reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi Charlie Brown. Good question. I will do my best.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

It's funny, I had been planning to ask that question and, then, I was going through my notes on reading from a few months ago that I had forgotten about. It said that I need to develop more fire energy. So here we are.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 19:49 How can I go about having more fire energy? I feel like I've been in a deficit.

It's funny, I had been planning to ask that question and, then, I was going through my notes on reading from a few months ago that I had forgotten about. It said that I need to develop more fire energy. So here we are.
I want to start with a disclaimer and an apology. I am really not feeling very steady with this deck. But, I am really fascinated and compelled to keep with it. I don't have any style or fluidity with it, but here I go, kinda free-wheelin' it to get a feel for things. Hope it's okay.

The Draw:

Charlie B.jpg

Lots of pip cards, but no cups. And no majors. But interestingly, begins with the Valet Despee.

So for the issue, I see a restless spirit searching for something, some breath of fresh air, air filled with ideas and promise. A quest for fire, if you will. And fire needs air to burn.

Row two, the factors or dynamics playing out, I see two very sedate 8's. Things seem well ordered and harmonious which is lovely but doesn't lend so well to a fiery pursuit. So could that be the dynamic, a lack of dynamic?

Row three, How to deal with the issue, and it seems you have to make a choice, that's what the 2 tells me, like it's really time. But I'm not sure if it is a choice between the next two cards which both indicate to me a kind of shake up. The odd numbers, the odd sword or wand piercing through the middle of the well-ordered rest.

If it isn't a choice between the two cards (intellectual pursuits or creative ones, although I think they are almost the same or at least you can't have one without the other) than it is probably an indication to look for what is more difficult, more challenging, a little scary maybe and not take the easy way the safe way.

If you want fire you gotta play with matches! (How's that for some good advice? I should do Kid's parties. :lol: )

For the relationship of the 1 and the 5 cards, I see 2 swords pointing upward. Is there something you've been wanting to learn or study but haven't because it has seemed like too much of an undertaking, too much of an investment? Maybe that's what you need to give your wings some lift to make your spirit soar.

It's probably better if I keep this short. I look forward to your comments.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks, Joan Marie. I think this was a fine reading with nothing to apologize for.
Joan Marie wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 15:34 the Valet Despee.

So for the issue, I see a restless spirit searching for something, some breath of fresh air, air filled with ideas and promise. A quest for fire, if you will. And fire needs air to burn.

Row two, the factors or dynamics playing out, I see two very sedate 8's. Things seem well ordered and harmonious which is lovely but doesn't lend so well to a fiery pursuit. So could that be the dynamic, a lack of dynamic?
This all seems on the mark. Those two 8s capture the dynamic perfectly, I think. I have things in stable, static set-up right now. It allows for a certain amount of prosperity and space to think (Jodorowsky has some interesting ideas about the flower in the 8 being the development of mind) but little in the way of dynamism.
Joan Marie wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 15:34Row three, How to deal with the issue, and it seems you have to make a choice, that's what the 2 tells me, like it's really time. But I'm not sure if it is a choice between the next two cards which both indicate to me a kind of shake up. The odd numbers, the odd sword or wand piercing through the middle of the well-ordered rest.

If it isn't a choice between the two cards (intellectual pursuits or creative ones, although I think they are almost the same or at least you can't have one without the other) than it is probably an indication to look for what is more difficult, more challenging, a little scary maybe and not take the easy way the safe way.
I agree this is kind of a tricky line to parse out, especially since the 9 and the 7 tend to be crappy cards. I don't really think the 2 is indicating a choice here. As you point out the choice being suggested doesn't really make sense. FWIW, my TdM experience is that choices more often fall on either side of a center card. Your second idea about the last three cards makes more sense to me and has the added benefit of working in sync with your 1+5 deliniation. If we run with the idea that I need to develop a new skill or receive some kind of new education, then the line seems to parse out pretty easily into what you were saying: I need some outside challenges that will lead to the fire at the end of the line.

Thanks again.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 17:02 Thanks, Joan Marie. I think this was a fine reading with nothing to apologize for.
Thank you. I really appreciate that feedback. I may get the hang of TdM yet!

Return to “01 January Reading Circle: Tarot de Marseille”