This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 32: December 22 - 28

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Nemia
Sage

My Planetary Week # 32: December 22 - 28

Post by Nemia »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday (for background information, look here).

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

:!: And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Participants:
Nemia
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 32: December 22 - 28

Post by Nemia »

If you want to use a template for the week and just fill it in, here is the template I use:

Deck:

Saturday, 22.12.
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

Sunday, 23.23.
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

Monday, 24.12.
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

Tuesday, 25.12.
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

Wednesday, 26.12.
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Thursday, 27.12.
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

Friday, 28.12.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Nemia's reading:

Deck: The Sevenfold Mystery Tarot by Robert Place

Saturday, 22.12.
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

2018 12 22 sevenfold mystery tarot sun.jpg

It's the Sun - and what a beautiful, Neo-Classicist interpretation! I find over time that Saturdays often give me encouragement. Warmth, light, growth and truth - very fitting for today.

What a pity I'm traveling and unable to look up in Place's books why the mermaid personfies Reason... and why Hieros Gamos appears here, and not in the Lovers or Temperance. I like his cerebral decks very much and his erudite books, too.

Sunday, 23.23.
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

2018 12 23  sevenfold mystery tarot nine wands.jpg

Nine of Wands. Going down in flames. Yes, it was a day of hidden conflict, and as nearly always, I swallowed my own needs and tried to make peace and it worked. There is also the hidden motif of self destruction that returns in my life....

Monday, 24.12.
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

2018 12 24  sevenfold mystery tarot two cups.jpg

Two of Cups. My greatest joy in life is my relationship/marriage, and also my greatest fear that someday it might simply stop working.

Tuesday, 25.12.
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

2018 12 25  sevenfold mystery tarot wheel of fortune.jpg

Wheel of Fortune. Looking at the picture, I see all of the zodiac signs taking aim at the lady in the middle - and that's just how I felt at one time. I felt that the whole family focused on my shortcomings, and I had criticism coming at me from all sides. Funny how an image I know and understand so well can have a totally different meaning on a Tuesday when Mars turns every setting into a battlefield!

Wednesday, 26.12.
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

2018 12 26  sevenfold mystery tarot king of swords.jpg

King of Swords. A day of fair judgements and discussions. Totally okay with that constellation - King of Swords on Mercury's day. It sums up pretty neatly what happened in our family :-)

Thursday, 27.12.
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

2018 12 27  sevenfold mystery tarot nine of swords.jpg

Nine of Swords. Now I don't understand that at all. All the other cards were precise to a pin - but my Thursday was fine. Have to think about this one...

Friday, 28.12.
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction

2018 12 28 sevenfold mystery tarot queen of swords.jpg

Queen of Swords.

And the whole week:

week 2018 06 18-24 sevenfold mystery tarot.jpg
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

Great work Nemia. kudos for your pluck. nice to see some cards by Place. be back with you on January 1.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Nemia,
Lovely to see Robert Place's deck. I don't own the book for this one but I wonder if the 9 of Wands isn't picking up on the Rider-Waite idea of exhaustion. The crow can't land and rest because the wands are on fire. As we get to the end of Wands the energy which was at maximum potency on the Ace is burning out. In some gambling card games using the Tarot de Marseille during the Renaissance, the "male" or "black" suits, apparently get less powerful as theeach suit progresses. That is to say, the Eight of Swords, for example, is less powerful for trick-taking purposes than the Two of Swords.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

the crow on the 9 of wands looks like the spent bit of wood after it's burnt - blackened soot. there is that native story about the white raven bringing fire to humans, a transgression of the Gods like Prometheus; as a result the bird's feathers were singed black. there's a similar story with Apollo, who himself represents the sun. in this way, the crow here could represent lessons learned the hard way - trials by fire.

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”