This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 27: November 24 - 30

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Nemia
Sage

My Planetary Week # 27: November 24 - 30

Post by Nemia »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday (for background information, look here).

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

:!: And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Participants:
Chiscotheque - Golden Age of Hollywood Tarot
Joan Marie - Spolia Tarot
Nemia - Daniloff Tarot (2nd edition)
Nemia
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 27: November 24 - 30

Post by Nemia »

I want to use my Daniloff Tarot - it's so beautiful!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm gonna have a go with my new Spolia Tarot.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Wow, I'm jealous, that's a wonderful deck, judging from your pictures!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

SATURDAY: What an interesting depiction of Obstacles and Blockades:

Page of Wands
Page of Wands

There is bearded man-lion creature standing on molten lava, against a wall, gesticulating wildly with the air full of flames and smoke.

And if I am to be 100% honest, I am really feeling this card today.
But this is kind of strange for me because I typically see myself in the cards when I read for myself, but this card seems to me today to feel like the world. The world that is on fire and full of opinions and screaming to be heard. This is what my obstacle feels like today, a world that can't quiet down, where nobody listens and that tries to force me into joining it, to be opinionated and judgemental about absolutely everything. Where arguing is the substitute for conversation because the art of listening has been lost. Where every feeling and idea must be justified and not allowed to simply exist.

And it seems the alternative to not joining in to this fray is to not be heard at all.

The pages are filled with life and energy and want to bring something to the world, but this page seems to want to bring his ego and (current) self-picture into the world and I don't want to get pulled into it.

SUNDAY:ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

Ace of Coins
Ace of Coins

In the Spolia Tarot the Aces are all represented with birds because the Aces are about new ideas, the beginnings of things, some message or person that becomes totally absorbing and birds are the traditional messenger of deities, bringing a gift to the querent. (paraphrased from the LWB)

I have a few creative projects in the works. My hope is that they actually manifest, become real (i.e. I do the work and finish them) and also that I can enjoy some degree of success meaning others are interested in my work.

The Raven depicted here is a bird associated with the earth and the coin is a seed to be planted. The golden "halo" on the bird really gives me the feeling this is a divine message and that is very inspiring to me. The solid green in the background really speaks to me too. Green is the colour of the heart chakra. It's why I chose it for the logo of this forum. Green reminds me that it is the intention behind things that will ultimately bring any success, at least the kind that I would like to enjoy.

I do feel very inspired by this card.

Monday, ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

Six of Coins
Six of Coins

This card looks like a surrealistic nightmare. It reminds me a little bit of Salvador Dali.
It's like a nightmare about money, giving it, taking it. Being in need, knowing those in even more need. How is it all shared and distributed?
I think about this a lot lately.

The distribution of wealth and resources is very much on my mind.

Tuesday: ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

Nine of Wands
Nine of Wands

Is this brooding figure standing behind the wall supposed to be me or the person who is making me feel this way? I feel like there is a situation I need to get a grip on.

Wednesday: ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Nine of Cups
Nine of Cups

The theme is interactions and this card is about being alone. The LWB (written by the wonderful author of "The Creative Tarot", Jessa Crispin) describes this card as being alone with your feelings, "but more in a disco-dancing in your underpants kind of way rather than a sobbing in the bathtub kind of way."

I get that. And I am literally sitting in a room filed with books and plants at the moment like pictured in this card. I am clothed though, it's cold here in Germany.

Yes I do feel a little alone here as I think a lot of people do at the moment. There isn't a lot of activity on the forum and it concerns me but I just keep enjoying myself. And I see others are as well, here and there. As long as we all keep doing that everything will be fine. But I want to challenge myself to reach a new level of expression here. To not keep lazily falling back on a certain style I may have developed and to really find my voice here, the real one not just the one I've sort of become satisfied with.

Thursday: ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

Ten of Cups
Ten of Cups

Like rainbows, power and influence are fleeting things. Enjoy them while they last.
I'm not particularly feeling either right now, powerful or influential.
I am feeling influenced though by random things floating in space. Images, quotes, clips, things like that.

Friday: ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction
Four of Cups
Four of Cups

Is it Friday already?
First I want to say that I really have a crush on this deck. I'm so glad I finally bought it.

Okay this card. Hey, look UP why doncha?

So focused on plots and plans and worries that I forget to look up and see the abundance waiting for me to notice it.
I should probably not share this anecdote but I will because this card made me think of it. When I was a teenager we used to say that you should always hide your "weed" somewhere up high because cops never look up.

I can't say for sure if this is true and luckily we had not so many run-ins with the police to test it, but the idea is interesting. Why do we always think what we are looking for is hiding underneath or behind something when all along it's floating right over our heads?
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

Day 1 - Saturday, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades
7 spades robin hood.jpg
Card: 7 of Spades - The Adventures of Robin Hood
Having enjoyed it as a boy, Robin Hood - with its stunning Technicolor - is still a fun watch. Even the baddies, Basil Rathbone and Claude Rains, are enjoyable. Errol Flynn was something of a Robin Hood in real life - not that he robbed from the rich to give to the poor, but as a roustabout, gad-about, and cavalier rogue. Flynn used his celebrity and charm to have his hedonistic way, mostly with women, and when legal proceedings were undertaken against him, fans and the media rallied to his support. Olivia de Havilland was taken by Flynn's charisma, but refused to be yet another of the playboy's conquests.

The story of Robin Hood goes way back. Anthony Munday, Shakespeare's sometime amanuensis, wrote a couple plays about Robin, turning him into a dispossessed Earl. Robin lives rough in the forest, something I used to fantasize doing myself as a boy. Perhaps, with today's allocation of blockades, the suggestion is such boyish, heroic flights of fancy are detrimental and need to be jettisoned. I have always been taken by the image of Robin's arrow splitting his competitor's arrow down the middle, standing as it does as a metaphor for the near-miraculous and the heretofore unconceived. Maybe, then, this card implies a daring and audacity is needed to overcome seemingly immovable obstacles.

What this card does indicate with some certainty is the exigency of combating problems in a roundabout manner rather than head-on. That is, unless - like the 2nd arrow in the bullseye - the manner is so head-on it's ground-breaking. Creative solutions, even if far-fetched and ultimately unworkable, nevertheless do provide life with some ludic colour.

Day 2 - Sunday, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals
8 batons sabateour.jpg
Card: 8 of Batons - Saboteur
At first glance, this may seem like a strange card to pick for Goals - in fact, I considered throwing it back and picking another card, but that would be cheating. Having learned his craft in Germany and honed it in England, this is Hitchcock's first truly American film, insofar as it has an entirely American cast. Being something of an unknown quality, and what with it being wartime, Hitchcock's budget for Saboteur was relatively very small. As a result, Hitchcock had to improvise, using less known actors and filming on recycled sets. Because the censors were uptight about the theme of domestic espionage, scenes depicting this were cut to no more than 5 seconds at a time, with the result that it actually intensifies the threat. In short, the limitations imposed actually made for a more interesting film, and the artful dodges Hitchcock had to employ forced him to come up with creative solutions.

In the service of entertainment, Saboteur nevertheless concerns itself with 2 things I am naturally drawn to - things being other than they seem and fascist tendencies in America. In a sense, these 2 themes are interwoven. When Robert Cummings' character reveals that a high-class dinner party is being hosted by closet Nazis, he is totally ignored. Cummings looks like a saboteur and everyone thinks he is so he must be bad, while the Nazis are well-dressed and well-spoken so must be good. I find it interesting and laudatory that Hitchcock chose, just as the American involvement in WWII was beginning, to focus on the home-grown Nazis in our midst rather than the enemy far away in Europe and Asia.

Saboteur's ending sees Hitchcock recycle an idea he had used a couple times before and would use again, namely: a dramatic finale on an iconic monument. The scene in which the real saboteur plummets to his death from the Statue of Liberty called for some innovative camera work. This is what I find Inspirational here, and could be called a Goal - adeptness with the medium, such that modifications and inventions can be made on the fly which actually improve the naturalness and flow of the creation; using what has worked before in a new way, but before it becomes a stale formula; and all the while staying true to realities in modern society and life generally, no matter how unpleasant or unwelcome such honesty may be.

Day 3 - Monday, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears
3 cups bringing up baby.jpg
Card: 3 of Cups - Bringing Up Baby
Another slightly odd card for the day's allocation. Cary Grant plays a nebbish paleontologist about to be married when he comes across Katherine Hepburn, a rich free-spirited young woman who falls for Grant and proceeds to turn his world upside down. The "baby" of the title is a leopard which has been gifted to Hepburn by her brother which, like a lot of things about Bringing Up Baby, makes little sense. Hepburn's role in the film was tailored to her personality and Grant had just filmed the classic screwball comedy The Awful Truth, which also featured Skippy, the dog who played Asta in the Thin Man series. The film was a flop upon initial release, but it has since become a classic of the era.

Bringing Up Baby has a wild, free-wheeling style. Production was delayed because Grant and Hepburn kept breaking out in laughter. On a personal level, I used to watch this film now and then with an early girlfriend of mine. When I began seeing a woman who was unnaturally jealous, she overheard at the video store (remember those?) that I had a late fee for Bringing Up Baby and, my new girlfriend not knowing the film, assumed it was - I don't know - some kind of idyll about marriage and raising a family and, such was her spite, ridiculed me based on her assumption. As it happens, given today's allocation, the film and card do represent a partnership it seems to me - an unusual one; one which occurs accidentally and at first appears unlikely - perhaps even unlikable. The course which the Dream was expected to go has taken a left turn. That turn is misunderstood and dismissed at first, but its value comes to be recognized as an exemplar of its kind. As for Fears, the wildcat or "baby" is a metaphor for the unknown depths of emotion within us, the possible unleashing of irrational chaos, and the fear of fear itself. How all this may pan out today I have no idea, but I will be attuned to anything strange or possibly antic. I will also look out for anything supposedly tame and controllable which may in fact be a very real threat.

Day 4 - Tuesday, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges
10 coins wizard of oz.jpg
Card: 10 of Coin - The Wizard of Oz
Curiously, when I pulled yesterday's card, I wondered to myself when The Wizard of Oz card would appear. This morning, as I awoke and lay for a while in bed, my sleep and dreams had led me to a place where I experienced a deep, intuitive understanding of the contingency of everything. How everything is created within a context, suggesting there is no absolute truth, was real from the ground up in me. So when I pulled the Wizard of Oz card this morning, I wasn't exactly surprised.

There are of course, within the film, many conflicts - Dorothy, feeling unseen, runs away from home, only to become totally lost in what turns out to be a fevered dream. The falsehood of Oz and the wickedness of the witch are of course further challenges, but at core what Dorothy and her 3 friends struggle with are conflicts they have with themselves. They feel a grievous lacking between the outside world and where it is they find themselves within.

This is the ultimate card of the minor suits. All the elements which have come before exist within this card - they are represented by each character's symbolic objective: a brain, a heart, a home, the nerve. These are seen again on the ultimate card of the majors, The World, where they are in their respective 4 corners and 4 suit colours. What this all suggests then, to me today is, though there indeed be conflicts, they exist within a framework which both creates the challenge and its solution. Just as the characters actually possess what they mistakingly believe they lack, and the conflicts they face become the process by which they evoke and reify what they thought lacking, so there is no absolute right and wrong, no final judgment, no totally real and totally make-believe, since everything moves from one thing to another in a great flux which, when stepped back from, is in actuality a dream.

Day 5 - Wednesday, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change
3 empress press.jpg
Card: The Empress III The Press
Today, rather than work on my garage conversion project, my mother and I have plans to go downtown together for lunch and some pre-Christmas window shopping. My mother has been struggling with medical issues for years now, from needing 2 knee replacements to an auto-immune disorder and sleepless nights. I am hoping today she and I can break away from our daily routines and spend some time out and about. As she so rarely gets out, I want to do what I can to make this outing enjoyable for her.

The GAHT Empress card emulates the cover of a Hollywood magazine, stressing the Press' involvement in making stars and starlets. The Press was not as powerful of course as the studios and their moguls [cf. The Emperor card], but they were instrumental nonetheless, especially in matters of hearsay and scandal. The word May on the mock magazine indicates its month of publication, but more it suggests what could happen and what the Empress will be permitted to be. Marion Davies, her back to us, looks at her reflection in the mirror - a mirror not unlike the evil queen's "mirror, mirror, on the wall" from Snow White (cf. 7 of Cups) - and in it, Miss Davies has changed into Cleopatra. The famous beauty of the Nile, Cleopatra ruled her once great Egypt but, try as she may, couldn't maneuver the male-saturated political landscape of the Roman Empire. Even the name Cleopatra, meaning "the glory of her father", suggests male proximity and gaze. Miss Davies was for many years the mistress of the media tycoon, William Randolph Hearst. Columnist Louella Parsons worked for Hearst, and the film Citizen Kane is based on Hearst's life - Rosebud being Hearst's euphemism (eu-feminism?) for Davies' private part. Davies was a decent actress in her own right, but with Hearst' meddling in her career, she became trapped in his idea of her. Welles' allegorical depiction of her as a no-talent further degraded her public stature.

I will just note here that Marion was the name of my girlfriend's mother, who died far too young from a rare disease, the complication of an auto-immune disorder.

The Empress card is the 3rd major arcanum; Cleopatra was entangled with Caesar and Marc Anthony; The Press - here figure-headed by the would-be priestess Louella Parsons - was intermediary between matinée idols and the masses; and I am the only child in a nuclear family. Although the card offers a half million dollars for a child's photo, I will try to refrain from making this day about me. Instead, like Queen For A Day, I will try to make it about my mother.

Day 6 - Thursday, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences
4 cups walter mitty.jpg
Card: 4 of Cups - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Gee, here's another card I almost immediately threw back. But then, my natural tendency would always be to throw it back, as I can't stand Danny Kaye or the film. But then, the films that represent the golden age of Hollywood aren't all films that I enjoy, any more than I relate to every card in the tarot. As it happens, I have always liked the 4 of Cups, with its ambiguity in the RWS between a character so lost under a tree in meditation that he doesn't see what is being offered him and a character so satiated with 3 cups that he is reluctant to take on a fourth. Here, Kaye has had his legs knocked out from under him by the arrival of Virginia Mayo - the 3 sets of female legs below Kaye couldn't keep him from collapsing under the weight of Mayo's fourth set. I'm sure there's some old joke about holding the mayo - here, Kaye is held by the mayo. Kaye has caught her like a cold, or a giant catchers mitt.

The card is based on a film poster from the time - a kind of variation on yesterday's card which was based on the cover of a gossip magazine from the era. As yesterday's card - insofar as it concerned me - concerned my mother, here in Mitty the two mother figures are overbearing and bothersome. The card itself openly proffers a couple posers: What kind of dreams do you have? & Are you a Mitty? The fantasy aspect of the film and its Technicolor are undermined by the card's stark white background, its flat-out text, and its blunt marketing graphics. As with sitting through The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, this card demands one have a strong imagination just to endure it.

With today's allocation of Power and Influence, the obvious suggestion seems to be on the underlying force of fabrication and inventiveness. While knocking him for a loop, Mayo eventually compels Kaye to stand up for himself. Kaye, so used to dreaming, can hardly believe his own eyes. In a sense, then, this card suggests dreams becoming a reality and - through inner strength and direction - reality becoming fun, colourful, and a cleaned slate, rather than a nightmare of resignation and defeat.

Day 7 - Friday, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction
8 cups flying down to rio.jpg
Card: 8 of Cups - Flying Down To RIo
The 3rd cup card this week, and it could hardly be more clear - I need to jet south for a get-away of sun and gaiety, dancing as I go on the wings of the plane that takes me. Oddly, this happened just a month ago in the interior of B.C. - a musician fell to his death while wing-walking for a video he was making. So maybe I should get my kicks in a more subdued manner - stumble down to the local Taco Bell in taps and tails, say, or evening dress.

Things Latin American were popular off-and-on during the 30s and 40s, as this film and others like it attest. Considered the female Rudolph Valentino, being Ramon Navarro's cousin, and what with everyone flying down to Dolores Del Rio, I wonder what she had to be dolorous about? Perhaps it was being Orson Welles' older lover for a few years, notably while he was down in Rio as a goodwill ambassador filming its carnival and couldn't be reached for weeks on end. It was while awol there that the studio reshot and recut the ending to The Magnificent Ambersons, and Welles saw that famous Life Magazine photograph of Rita Hayworth and said: "I'm going to marry that woman" - thereby reshooting and recutting the ending Dolores had planned for her and Orson.

Flying Down To Rio was an example of the song and dance offered to the public from the depths of The Great Depression. With today's allocation of Love and Attraction, I see it as an allusion to my girlfriend's flight here in 2 weeks - while Saanich is no Rio, I look forward to her arrival to add some colour to the dull of winter and mitigate the encumbrances of Christmas. Seen on the card in dark silhouette is the reason for the season - Christ the Redeemer - the 7th of the 7 modern wonders of the world. The card does potentially have its dark side - the wife of one of the film's stars, for instance, was killed during the making of the film when a probably drunk John Huston ran her down with his car. An admonition perhaps to neither insist on too much direction nor too little, and certainly never to drink and drive.

Odd - I was just reminded of, some 20 years back, returning from Mexico to Texas during a lightning storm. At night, there were more flashes of light than there was darkness. My girlfriend of the time (a Scorpio) and I were sleeping rough in Amistad National Park and, during the storm, the lightning illuminated thousands of scorpions scuttling over the ground. In the morning, we literally outran the storm as it and we drove eastward - against government advisories and common sense - from Del Rio to Houston.

On a larger scale, the new NAFTA agreement was signed today in Argentina. This, just as GM - recently given a 125 million dollar tax break by the US government and which last year made 5 billion in profits - announced it is laying off 14,000 employees in the US and Canada. Jobs which are, effectively, flying down to Rio.

Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

If you want to use a template for the week and just fill it in, here is the template I use:

Deck:

Saturday,
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

Sunday,
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

Monday,
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

Tuesday,
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

Wednesday,
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Thursday,
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

Friday,
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Deck: Daniloff

Saturday, 24.11.
ruled by Saturn - Obstacles and Blockades

2018 11 24 Daniloff 10 Swords.jpg

The Ten of Swords! No no no, I had a peaceful and quiet Saturday, and let's hope nothing bad will happen. Phew what a card!!! It looks like Death, only combined with pain.

Thinking about this card again some days later. I think the Daniloff is talking to me about deeper things in my life, not what happened on day X. Let's look at my life. What is holding me back? Where do I stumble? I can't enjoy the present because I fear the future, I fear the pain.

I just read another biography about Queen Victoria and I'm struck again at the happy years she had when her children were young and she knew how happy she was and feared the future - and then, one catastrophe after the other, so much hardship. I'm afraid of the same. And much of my life energy goes into this senseless worrying. I was born in the decan of the Five of Pentacles so I shouldn't be surprised... and this card tells me to look my worst fear in the eye and continue living nevertheless.

Sunday, 25.11.
ruled by the Sun - Inspiration and Goals

2018 11 25 Daniloff 4 wands.jpg

Four of Wands.

Yes, that's very much it. The centre of my universe is my home, my family, stability, all these wonderful things. Its flipside is of course the 10 of Swords, it's my point of strength and my greatest vulnerability all in once. The castle of my life - and a castle invites attacks while preparing its defenses.

Monday, 26.11.
ruled by the Moon - Dreams and Fears

2018 11 26 Daniloff 5 wands.jpg

Wow, this turns out to be a reading about my family, unexpectedly it talks about the combination of deeply important and everyday issues. Yes, my deepest fear is infighting, conflict, lack of empathy, misunderstandings between the people I love most. And in a large family, there is always room for worry, there are always conflicts and I hate them all.

Tuesday, 27.11.
ruled by Mars - Conflicts and Challenges

2018 11 27 Daniloff 6 wands.jpg

Six of Wands. What has Mars to tell me? What he tells me every week - that I have to stop fearing conflict and start loving victories ;-) This lesson will never reach my mind, I'm afraid. There are some battles I should do but I prefer to lose and avoid conflict. And that's probably not going to change. But this combination of the Victory card on a Mars day should give me some self confidence. I'm probably much better equipped than I think for the battles that wait for me...

Wednesday, 28.11.
ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

2018 11 28 Daniloff Sun.jpg
2018 11 28 Daniloff Sun.jpg (75.39 KiB) Viewed 2149 times

And here we have an answer to the Sunday card - within that castle of people I love and worry about, I want harmony, exchange, communication. I'm a talker, born into a family of talkers, married to a taciturn man and mother of a bunch of children who are not exactly communicative - except for my Gemini of course ;-) I know who these two children are who never talk to each other - not even one word - and haven't done so since, hm, 1997? 2000? Can't even remember. Getting communication going between these two is my life dream. Is it possible? The card seems to suggest it. We tried everything and it didn't work.... but yes, keeping the "channels of communication" open and running is one of the main desires in my life.

This is really a family reading, quite amazing, I really didn't expect that from this beautiful deck that I love very much but don't use too often.

Thursday, 29.11. 2018
ruled by Jupiter - Power and Influences

2018 11 29 Daniloff King Swords.jpg

King of Swords. Oh, this looks like a warning card. If I look around in my life and family, who's the Air King who can cause me trouble? I know who he is, and I have tried not to get into his black books for some time in order not to tear the family apart. (He's from my generation and even looks like this king). There is under the surface a problem with him that I put on the back burner until now. This card tells me it's about time to stop doing that. He has lots of power and influence within the wider family and I have to solve that problem. I even know how to do it. Thank you, Daniloff, for the warning - I'll attend to it NOW.

Friday,
ruled by Venus - Love and Attraction

2018 11 30 Daniloff Queen Wands.jpg

Venus always tells me nice things I have to know about my marriage :-) The message of the Queen of Wands is clear: it's not enough to be loving, caring, baking and listening wife, I have to be the passionate wife, too.... another reminder from this deck, and another one that I can attend to on the spot :-D

And the whole week:

week 2018 11 24 Daniloff.jpg

A great deck. Isn't it amazing how decks seem to home in on an issue and then give me more information about it? That's why this planetary thing makes sense - each planet has a different influence on the different spheres of my life.

I loved this week. (My reading decks of the last few months are all here.)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

zodiac.jpg

A sample from the zodiac cards.
These extra cards from the Spolia deck are so nice. I may try and figure out a way to use them in the deck of the week, maybe next week.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The Daniloff Tarot is really beautiful Nemia. I just posted another of his decks, The Fatigue of War Major Arcana in the List of Decks.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh, think I added it, too. Yes, the Daniloff is a real beauty. Wish I had the time to write an in-depth review. It totally reminds me of book illuminations from the Western tradition (Carolingian), and it's very expressive. Thinking about it - there is a wild vein in it, a Roman/Italianate vein and a medieval/Christian vein. And the artist has a very very secure hand. Lovely lines, great use of colour, tight and intricate compositions.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Hey chiscotheque, I really enjoy the way you interpret the movies on your cards and find the hidden message in them for reading. It's almost an original new form of divination in itself.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

i totally agree, Joan Marie, it's fascinating - cinematomancy ;-) and why not? there is bibliomancy, so why not cinematomancy?
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

thanks Joan Marie - I'm having fun with it. often there's more i can say, but it would get more recondite personally and movie-wise, and my entries are kinda long as it is!
maybe just cinemancy, for short?
by the bye, i have 2 other cinema-based tarot decks in the works, as a kind of trilogy, but i've been a little side-tracked this year.
My friend here, Dodalisque, wants me to do the same with the Shakespeare Tarot, partly so he can get in on the discussion regarding the plays, but that could take up a lot of space here on the forum!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh go ahead!!!! I'm saving my money to buy your decks, you really created something special and meaningful.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Chiscotheque, I was reading your entry about Errol Flynn in Robin Hood. Is it true that Flynn did some spying for the Nazis in WWII? There are so many stories about him. Would sucha detail ever factor into one of your readings with the GAHT deck?
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

the short answer, Dodalisque, is that it was never proven one way or another whether flynn was a spy.
charles higham wrote a bio which alleged he was a spy for hitler, gathering evidence re german socialists under franco amongst other things.
was flynn the kind of guy who would spy? probably, yes. was he in the position to spy? yes - he piloted a yacht and sailed extensively. was he friendly with nazis? yes. was he pro-nazi and anti-british? yes. did the US suspect him of spying? yes. as a matter of fact, cary grant spent a whole summer spying on flynn to try to discover if flynn was a spy.
flynn was also an out an out hedonist, which i have no problem with. but aside from being just a cad, he was a rapist. he was also a smuggler and intimately involved with L. Ron Hubbard.
would i use this info and the suggestion he was a spy in a reading? you bet. even if not actually true re spying, the suspicion is so strong that the suggestion could be considered implicit in a reading, if that's what the vibe is.

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”