This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 21: October 13 - 19

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Amoroso
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 21: October 13 - 19

Post by Amoroso »

Friday - Love and Attraction

Death Reversed

This conjures visions of Love Triumphant - ardent, ebullient, and full of life-affirming vitality. It's the same Book of Love that's been my companion since last week, and I'm glad that it will be around for a while. I sense that it will extend its stay.

From the start, I aimed to apply this week's reading to my entire autumn. With 5 majors out of 7 cards, this season is shaping up to be pivotal. In the Sacred Days group reading, 6 out of 13 were majors, so in a eaythis Planetary Week confirms it. I hope that it would all redound to my benefit long-term.

20181013_162203_HDR.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Friday - Love and Attraction

Friday
Friday

Prince of Disks -- 4 of Wands -- Queen of Swords
Is it notable that I drew the 4 of Wands, Completion, 3 times this week?

Love is not all roses is it? Sometimes there are some big asks involved. We want to help. But sometimes we need help to help.
Someone I love needed help. Someone I else I love helped that one. Now the helper has asked for my help and to do so, I need help from someone else. And this all goes back to the first one who needed help.

This would explain the 4 of wands to me. A circle with 4 wands crossing.
The solution is doable. It's messy but doable. And my Prince of Disks, the practical strong one has been tagged to sort it out. if anyone can it's him.
The thing I worry about though is how everyone, each of us four, feels at the end, at the completion. I hope it is like the circle. Not a square of 4 opposing sides.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I do my card every day - it's easy. The deck is next to my computer, the cards are on my tarot calendar board, leaning on the ledge. All I have to do is take a picture, send it to my laptop, upload it, resize it and post it here. Since I'm so very busy again, everything after putting the card on the ledge is simply difficult.... time-wise.

I'll add the pictures and interpretations later, but these were my cards:

Wednesday, October 17: The Star

2018 10 17 Star.jpg
2018 10 17 Star.jpg (45.49 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

The Star on a communicative, forward-looking Wednesday - that was very fitting for the day itself when communication went smoothly and I had some success in my work - which is communicating knowledge. The card itself is an intriguing take on the Star - according to the lwb, it's Persephone here who sows with one hand and harvests with the other... now I have a lot of question marks here on the text in the lwb. I don't see the connection to Aquarius, and I don't see Persephone connected to harvest, and I don't see both together. And if you want to see Persephone with flowers - they're certainly not in vases but on the meadows, or as wreaths on the heads of her friends, the nymphs.

The lwb mentions the fish hook as esoteric emblem - okay, the fish hook is the name of the letter צ tsaddi associated with the Star, but you can also call that letter tsaddik, and then you have the tsaddik, the Righteous one, and tseddek, righteousness or justice, and that's the Hebrew name of the planet Jupiter... that leads too far off... I should write somewhere a bit about the Hebrew letters, but not here...

The Sirius-Atlantis-Dagon paragraph doesn't convince me either.

If it's Aquarius, then why is the star Sirius? Sirius is the Hound star, the Big Dog, so where's the dog iconography? This card, beautiful as it is, feels a bit light-weight and at the same time, too down-to-earth. The way I see the Star, there is nothing earthly about it. It's all Air, Air, Air - but fixed Air, a tricky concept, because how can Air be fixed? Look at Thoth and Tabula Mundi to see how fixed Air can look. Oh, and for those interested in the iconography of the Star card, here is a link to Robert O'Neill's article.

Returning to the cards - how interesting the two cards work together. Mercury really seems to lead the Star.

Thursday, October 18: Seven of Cups

2018 10 18 Zillich Seven Cups.jpg
2018 10 18 Zillich Seven Cups.jpg (31.97 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

Thursday, Jupiter's day, the day of power and influence... Venus in Scorpio, tired and disillusioned, disappointed... I have let myself down, and indeed I feel at the same time the elation of success (like the happily harvesting Star) and the disappointment of stunting my own progress (the shadowy lady in the 7Cups). It's not even that I feel one day like this and one day like that. I feel both feelings at the same time, all the time. I'm proud of what I'm doing and I feel that I have wasted my opportunities of doing something better. I'm busy all the time but at the foundation level, I'm simply too lazy.

And if I look at the two cards for Wednesday and Thursday, I can see how I look to the people I talk to (students): a successful and eloquent professional. And to those above me in the hierarchy: an ultimately disappointing worker who starts well but can't keep it up. And turns her back to those in power.

Friday, October 19: Four of Swords

2018 10 19 Zillich Four Swords.jpg
2018 10 19 Zillich Four Swords.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

Friday, dear Venus' day, and nothing of this card strikes home at all. My love life is happy, there is no struggle or conflict, no hidden tension, no need to rest or take a break, and there is no armour between us. I really don't know what to do with this card right now... can't think of anything that connects to it.

Overall, though, this was a very good week, and it's a very beautiful, evocative deck.

week 2018 10 13 Zillich tarot.jpg
week 2018 10 13 Zillich tarot.jpg (67.61 KiB) Viewed 1240 times

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”