This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 15: September 1 - 7

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Nemia
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 15: September 1 - 7

Post by Nemia »

You are, Shadowrose!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

wednesday - interaction and change
i have decided to follow nemia’s example and have taken out the planet cards from my tinker’s damn mantegna. wow! fascinating! they really add extra context and deeper layers to the cards!

today mercury is connected to the five of coins incredible combination. mercury looks like he’s just coming out of the pond and is in need of a towel.... :D :D :D

wow, what a deck, the Guided Hand tarot! . it reflects so perfectly what is going on in my life.....
i feel like these two people, in the card....ostracized, not welcome, ignored, insignificant, beaten...... trying to be brave and confront the (inaccessible, bigoted) world has left me feeling bruised. i have had to cancel my spiritual workshop in Bath due to inaccessibility hurdles that became to big for me to handle. and it brought up lots of grief about the loss of my sweetheart.
interesting about this card is that the two figures look dejected but they seem to be turning away from what’s oppressing them, they are moving on. best thing you can do in these kinds of situations. and it beautifully supports what i have just done: i have taken my ‘losses’ (decided to not go, to not take on that fruitless battle against inaccessibility) and i am moving on.

C9E56EBA-3DE1-4A64-A6D3-599DEF3328DA.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thursday - power and influences - the sun
ha! badly needed after the five of swords and the five of coins!
and the combination with tinker’s damn’s jupiter is amazing....

i am in love with the guided hand’s sun card! and it is, again, so spot on! i have just downloaded tara brach’s ‘radical acceptance’ (thanks for recommending it, I Sunshine, it is awesome!) and this sun card to me perfectly represents it. what a powerful state of being! it warms my heart just to look at the image. wow!

714A938B-6B91-4E76-B335-2A9C72ECDE6A.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

of course i had to add the planet cards for the other days as well, so here they are. the combinations are absolutely stunning! and the tinker’s damn images beautifully illustrate the keywords we use for the planets.

AF410231-A16B-42EA-A251-DCE37664CB95.jpeg
0FEBD021-44F5-4DAB-AE53-086B5E2E4F26.jpeg
67CA72CE-1365-4A43-9029-7EFD889094A2.jpeg
714633EF-D91F-4E5F-BF1F-133576AD611D.jpeg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Wow, Stronglove, these decks just JUMP off each other! Amazing energies, you feel it vibrate! What a great deck. I love my tame, silverish LoS Mantegna by the very talented Mr Atanassov but Freder's work is really something else.

Your decks really communicate. Wow, I have never seen anything like it. You really picked the right decks!
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

Nemia wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 20:05 You are, Shadowrose!
awww, thank you so much! I feel very at home here.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I am loving the decks and combinations this week!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Yes, so do I :-)

I have little time to write right now, but here is my card for today:

2018 09 07 Celestial Seven Pents.jpg
2018 09 07 Celestial Seven Pents.jpg (39.87 KiB) Viewed 2290 times

And the text - I'm not sure the connection between RWS content and Coma berenicae is really convincing:

2018 09 07 Celestial seven pents text.jpg
2018 09 07 Celestial seven pents text.jpg (58.83 KiB) Viewed 2290 times

but look at the Venus card! All that hair! For years, I was obsessed about my hair and you couldn't find me on tarot sites... but on longhair sites. Only after I grew my hair the longest it ever was, my obsession ebbed down. I made and sold hairsticks, and was deeply in the longhair online community. Being my own woman always means: a woman with long hair. Even now, my hair is middle back length. I have all kinds of hesitations about my hair, my age etc.

Very nice of the tarot to address this question on a lovey Friday. After all, Freya/Venus also ask us about femininity. Our very personal own concept of living in our body (or not, like everybody else I have become aware that things are more complex than I once believed and I'm grateful for this insight). I had long hair since I was a little girl. For years, I was always the woman with the lnogest hair in the room (most of the time put up in one of the many complicated buns I knew to make, decorated with self made hairsticks).

I love the constellation Coma, it's glittering and beautiful. And I love the story, too. I think of O'Henry's story of the gifts and how I didn't understand it as a girl...

Let's call this Friday self-love Friday :-) *off to pamper my hair a bit*

2013 11 01 Haare offen gekaemmt.jpg

my hair when it when it was long... some 5 years ago...
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

Nemia, your hair is gorgeous!

Friday: Love and Attraction

I drew the Sun. Childlike joy and positivity, celebrating the now. I think I will treasure and celebrate having the evening to spend with my hubby.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Friday's card: Death

I didn't see my husband much yesterday. I left for work before he was up and when I came home he was out with friends. I was getting ready to go to bed when he came home and I directed him to our son's room. I don't enjoy sharing a bed with someone that stinks of drink and snores like a train. I'd rather have a five year year old kicking my shins. Nothing going on in the attraction stakes when he's inebriated that's for sure though I do still love him.
20180907_064737.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

So how was my week with the Celestial Tarot?

2018 09 08_overview week.jpg

It was surprisingly great. I had an interesting week and the deck picked out some topics that I was uneasy about. There is something weird about the colouring and, did I say that already :lol: ?, the borders and design, but the art is evocative and celestial, there is real mythological and archetypical depth, and I love the independent take on astrology. Maybe the thing I like most is the fact that there are constellations from both hemispheres. Oh, and I appreciate Steventon's efforts to find new angles on RWS motifs - although she could have left them behind with my blessing. There is no need IMO to grasp at the most distant possibility to get an RWS interpretation from cards like the Six of Pentacles. But it's not a disadvantage - it really expands the good old RWS toolbox.

I still think I'd love to trim the deck and start working on it with silver pens. I'd love to pick out the stars in the constellations (like the Cosmos does, a deck I'd truly love to have) and add writing. But I don't want to make the deck unusable so I desist.

For now.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

friday - love and attraction - the hanged man

ok, so it’s limbo again, suspension, stillness, getting a different perspective.....
but i draw the card in reverse. and though i never read reversals, when i take out the tinker’s damn mantegna’s venus and want to put the hanged man next to it, i suddenly feel that this time i have to place the card in reversed position. and voilá, what an amazing combination! suddenly the hanged man looks like a ballet dancer, with a road stretching out behind him. he’s about to dance off into his future and he will have all kinds of interesting adventures..... i suddenly think of a bryan ferry song
dance away the heartache
dance away the tears
dance away the heartache
dance away the fears
i guess that’s what i’ll be doing today......

F3B30173-0BD7-4FCD-8AD9-186C161A82B6.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my planetary week with the guided hand tarot

this deck just blew me away, it feels like my soul deck, i absolutely love it...
am going to use this deck a lot in the coming months

858B7682-9DD4-4022-A883-6F7AC4FAC971.jpeg

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”