This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 12: August 11 - 17

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Nemia
Sage

My Planetary Week # 12: August 11 - 17

Post by Nemia »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday (for background information, look here).

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

:!: And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Participants:

CharlotteK - Tarot Arkana Małe deck by Jan Witold Suliga
Nemia - Anna K. Tarot
Stronglove - Tarot Swietlistej Drogi
CharlotteK
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 12: August 11 - 17

Post by CharlotteK »

After my week with the Visconti Sforza, this week I will be using a lovely VS inspired deck - the Tarot Arkana Małe deck by Jan Witold Suliga

Saturday, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades.

Valet of Coins
20180811_080943.jpg

I see some diffculties getting practical work done today or making progress with projects. I have a friend's child to look after today as well as my own and I was hoping to get a sewing project underway (a couple of superhero capes). Perhaps I may get something started but it looks as though it will be hard to make much progress.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

A week of troubles lies behind me but I hope that with the Anna K. Tarot, I can again connect to the rhythm of my week.

Saturday - Saturn - obstacles, leaden heaviness - I have so much of it - everything seems difficult although I'm happy - do I make sense? I'm a happy woman but there are so many obstacles within me.

2018 08 11 AnnaK Strength.jpg

And it's Strength. How wonderful. Next to me is my tarot calendar, full of lions - we're in Leo, and this much beloved card comes at the right time. I have to set my strength against the difficulties, I can do it. This card talks to me about the inner reserves I have. I've been trying for years to get access to them again - but hope is not lost. Isn't that a wonderful card? Maybe, looking at it, gentleness is the obstacle? should I let my lioness run free?

I love Leo time, and I have always loved this card. Let's take it as a good sign for the week ahead of me... I need good signs :-)
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my deck of choice this week is the tarot swietlistej drogi. it is a polish deck, with fascinating images and no guidebook (it does have a tiny lwb in polish but i do not understand that language)
the deck is not your average RWS clone and has a lot of intriguing imagery that perfectly lends itself to intuitive reading

saturday - obstacles and blockades
the magician
interesting image. he has al his tools in front of him, but he is not looking at them or presenting them to an audience. instead is he concentrating on his writing. what words, what knowledge is he entrusting to his paper scroll?

i love this card. i think the message is that i need to look no further, everything i need to perform my magic is already available to me. the obstacle is that i don’t really know how to properly use all those tools. maybe i should start studying...... :lol: :lol: :lol: (i could finish robert place’s latest book for instance)

10C5F566-4FB5-474C-98A7-0A0B939815BB.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

It's Sunday, it's a sunny day, and here comes the Sun!

2018 08 12 AnnaK Sun.jpg

Now isn't that wonderful? I had Strength yesterday, telling me to confront everything that oppresses me, and now the Sun, another fiery, very encouraging card. I know that I have a lot of work today and hope I can manage everything. A portion of Sun optimism is just what I need today.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Sunday gives me a second trump. After the magician, it is now temperance.
she is balancing two streams, mixing two (opposite?) elements
her potion must be powerful, because all around her beautiful flowers are growing.
i hear her say: growth requires the union of opposites
don’t i know it! wish i could just merge the opposing forces within me as easy as she seems to do.....

i am full of tension today and a bit at a loss about how to be ‘present’ and aware.
then i remember that it’s the new moon. and it is in leo (according to the sidereal astrology system i follow)
so i visit Athen Chimenti’s youtube channel to see what the new moon is bringing
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZi-8ryH ... fullscreen
ahh.... focus on what brings me joy, what i want to create..... how could i forget.....
it is this that i need to add to temperance’s mixture. joy, happiness and creativity have been absent from my life for too long.....
so i take time to think and feel about what will bring me joy, what will make me happy
and i manage to come up with a wonderful creative project that i want to focus on during the next month.
wow!
21225DD2-46BB-429F-BA67-53F6BAD81991.jpeg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Sunday, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals

King of Coins
20180812_214443.jpg

More practical coins! Last week I got the Queen of Coins for Dreams and Fears. I read it as me dreaming of getting a grip on practical matters. This week it's turned into a goal! And is exemplified by the maturity of the King which means a calm, humble and balanced approach to practicality, cautious and above all showing self control. So those Yves decks I splurged on? And the rutilated quartz on its way to me? Yes those material things are definitely going to have to last me a while now. Some self restraint is definitely needed!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Monday, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears

Three of Cups
20180813_143852.jpg

I'm ignoring some of the more standard interpretations around birth and children and in light of a current situation involving myself, two friends, some accusations, potential deceptions and things perhaps not being what they appear to be... I see this card as representing my fear that I am being caught in the crossfire of something I don't fully understand and unless I'm very careful, there's a risk I'm going to be the one left spilled and empty!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I didn't have time to pull a card today - will do it tomorrow. Monday is always especially important to me. The Moon, my dreams, my unconscious, my shadow... it's all there, the best and the worst ;-) I was born on a Monday under the full Moon after all...
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

monday - dreams and fears
while i am shuffling the five of wands falls out
wow, that guy is playing dangerous games. he is juggling five torches, if he isn’t careful he us going to get burned....
he doesn’t look scared though.....
the card i draw later is the four of coins
a baker proudly showing four freshly baked breads. he probably has another four in the oven as we speak, so there will be more later

the flamethrower represents how i have been feeling lately, like i have to hold several burning stakes in the air and i am terrified because i know i’m going to drop one and of course it will land somewhere on my body and set me ablaze.....
not wanting to get up in the morning, in a vain attempt to avoid the inevitable....
this is about anxieties that are in my head, not real, but they sure wear me out.

the baker and his bread stand for me with all the money i got from my inheritance. the breads still in the oven represent the second half of my inheritance, that will be paid out next year. instead of sitting on my money, like the traditional four of coins, i have been and will be sharing my wealth with my loved ones. this is my dream come true.

A9E4D1F1-CBAD-4AD8-BCD4-60E98B306C81.jpeg
FFCA77A7-F0E7-444E-B610-1F9B7ED9C1C3.jpeg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Beautiful decks! How glad am I that I'm not easily enabled :oops:

For yesterday, I pulled today the - Six of Rods.

2018 08 13 AnnaK Six of Rods.jpg

I'm being followed by Rods/Wands/Fire energy again! What does that mean? I know what it means! Especially if I get a solar card on a lunar day - that means: dreams are there to be made REAL. Open that drawer of plans, take out one plan and make it come true. Will I do that? No? Who will the AnnaK tarot send me to make the point clear? Today, on a Martian Tuesday, filled with confrontational energies?

2018 08 14 AnnaK Knight of Rods.jpg

ANOTHER Fire card! It started gently and supportive with Strength on obstacle-prone Saturday - went on with the optimistic, uplifting Sun on a Sunday - tells me on lunar Monday that my dreams of victory might yet come true - but only if I accept Tuesday's warrior courage and really go for it!

What will I do instead? :-D

Oh I love the AnnaK. That's a deck that immediately connects with my life patterns. I really don't know why it doesn't work with the Aquarian Tarot - such a pale, elegant beauty and both so close to RWS imagery. But AnnaK works for me, and Aquarian, I'm sorry to say, until now... not so much.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Tuesday, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges.

Today I am Hermit.
20180814_081337.jpg

I pulled this card last night as I knew I'd be in a rush this morning and thought it slightly odd as I'm in the office today with meetings. But today the conflict is real and it is a huge challenge being here at work. I couldn't feel less like talking and expressing myself outwardly. I've taken myself off into a quiet corner for a bit and I'm struggling to even look at my emails. Talk about craving peace and isolation - can't believe how badly this has hit me today. I just want to curl up in a ball and ignore the world. I don't feel sad or miserable just that I need peace and quiet and space to think and meditate and even just relax and 'be'. Sensory overload.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

tuesday is ruled by mars
i meet a friend while out with the dogs. she is going to teach me and my sister in law intuitive drawing and painting, in a series of private lessons called: the way of the pilgrim. we discuss practical issues such as fees, materials and dates,
“my best and most effective courses were always on tuesdays”, she says, “because that day is ruled by mars and the energy of the students was always very high, they really felt fired up and challenged on those tuesdays”.
i just gape at her openmouthed, then start to laugh
it suddenly feels so right that she is going to be our teacher!
eventually we settle on a thursday (saturn is also a very powerful inspirator, she tells me) because her tuesdays are already fully booked.

the card i draw for today is the two of cups. the image is quite similar to the standard RWS
two people sitting in a meadow with flowers, next to a stream, clinking their cups together. out of the cups flows a stream of bright light that surrounds them both like a soft embrace. beautiful
this card is about communication, closeness, loving relationships, mutual care and support
it gets me thinking about my sister in law. it feels like we have been losing touch lately
but when i call her with the news about the course we are suddenly able to connect on a deeper level again. just like in the two of cups. wow!

A10978CD-C9DA-4100-9BF6-CF19759402C9.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

wednesday - interaction and change
the knight of wands
yes! i love this guy! he is my alter ego, he represents my adhd brain wiring inside my ENFP personality....
gung ho, always ready for a challenge, diving in head-over-heels, storming off without thinking of the possible consequences....
impulse driven, a great creative improvisor who wants everything and he wants it now....
he is the misfit i have always been. but look at him! he’s having so much fun! he is elated at the prospect of action! he pays no attention to the fire, he will check out the damage later.....

6EF9FB66-5C7C-40E5-9322-D29A750690CE.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thursday - power and influences
and it’s the lovers..... this is such a lovely image! and love is such a powerful energy....
it’s spot on too! it is about my sweetheart, who died almost 3 years ago, and me, and it represents the merging of our souls.
for a long time i felt like i was carrying her soul, her heart with me, but recently the distinction between our two souls has become less separate, i am beginning to feel that they have merged and that the merged result is now MY soul, not my soul with a bit of hers added.
awesome....! just look at that sun and moon above them....

44302FDE-0C8C-4F34-BBA6-71D6387B5D2E.jpeg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Wednesday ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change

Seven of Coins

20180815_075454.jpg

I had a good day yesterday with the rare opportunity to talk to our Chief Operating Officer about the work of my team and it really did feel like all our hard work was being acknowledged at the highest level.

Thursday ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences

Two of Coins
20180816_191604.jpg

Had a really lazy morning and then took my son out to see a friend. She made lunch and I relaxed. It was quite an easy day! We talked a lot about managing home, work, childcare, fun and finances. I like her attitude to a lot of thinks so I guess you could say she's an influence.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

friday-ruled by venus
the wheel of fortune.....
and yes, for sure, the wheel of fortune made another turn. it turned the tables on me.....
must be due to that knight of wands i embraced so readily on wednesday........
because everything went wrong. waking up too late, putting on my clothes the wrong way ‘round, taking a number of wrong turns, arriving too late at the airport, having a number of painful misunderstandings, old physical pains returning..... by friday night i was completely wiped out.....

8CD4D3EC-BB4F-498F-98A8-BD673834B311.jpeg

but hey, if what goes up must come down, once it’s down it inevitably will go up again, won’t it?

so i better ride my painted pony (that would probably the knight of wands’ steed....) and let the spinning wheel spin.....
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my week with the tarot swietlistej drogi

great deck, didn’t miss the lwb at all, the images are so evocative.... swietlistej drogi means precious light. that says it all. i really love the way the light illuminates all the different scenes. another keeper that i will surely use again

7BC12A40-43ED-45F0-BDA4-454F7512DEEF.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

CharlotteK wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 07:29 After my week with the Visconti Sforza, this week I will be using a lovely VS inspired deck - the Tarot Arkana Małe deck by Jan Witold Suliga

this is a lovely deck! can you tell me where to buy it?
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I hate it when I don't have the time to post my cards in time!

I had all these Rods kicking my poor ass. Then,

2018 08 15 AnnaK Fool.jpg

on Wednesday, the Fool.

Courage, risk taking, taking the life a bit easier. Yes, I know I should do that, and I love this card - one of the Fools I really love. Especially in communication - a bit more ease, openness, optimism. Yes, Fool, I hear you, but somehow I can't do it.

2018 08 16 AnnaK Three of Rods.jpg

On Thursday, variatio delectat! another Rods card! Now let me think that over. A card of power on the day of power. I fear power struggles and avoid them. Oh and I know which under-the-surface power struggle this card relates to. It's a new idea my family of origin has - I try to resist - will have to resist - it would shake up everything I hold dear. They were always against some of my choices, and now, from love and care of course, want me to make drastic changes. I don't know how to put them into their place because they love me and help me. But I won't let them rule my life. Oh no, I can't believe that the cards picked this topic up the same day I had this huge discussion... and even the picture of the wanderer is precise.

2018 08 17 AnnaK Death.jpg

And for yesterday - Death. yesterday was such a tough day. I can't even start going into the meaning of this card....

Anna K complete week.jpg

Wow, what a week. A "get a grip" kind of week, a "get going" week, and in the end, a little kick in the stomach. Things are going to change for the worse before they get better. And yet - so much beauty and vitality around me, and I know that the things that have to die must die. There is enough compost to fill my heap - I like the Death card and call it Compost. Taking out the compost is a necessary thing and I like it.

This deck is wonderful. Simply wonderful.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

stronglove wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 14:40
CharlotteK wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 07:29 After my week with the Visconti Sforza, this week I will be using a lovely VS inspired deck - the Tarot Arkana Małe deck by Jan Witold Suliga

this is a lovely deck! can you tell me where to buy it?
Unfortunately, it is very hard to find. It was sold alongside a book a few years ago but is now OOP. I managed to get a deck ery cheaply without the book from a Polish selling site called Allegro. There were a couple of copies going on there but none left now from what I can tell. Worth keeping an eye out though because it is a super nice deck.

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”