This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 11: August 4 - 10

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
CharlotteK
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 11: August 4 - 10

Post by CharlotteK »

Wednesday, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change

Today - The Sun - meaning I need to shine a light in my interactions. Which is always good advice but I have a big team meeting this afternoon and it would be helpful I think to concsiously radiate truth, authenticity and positivity.

20180808_083351.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Wednesday — Intention and Change
Seven of Fire

I think this card actually had a meta-message for me relating to another reading I did with this deck. Otherwise, this 7 of Fire may be focused on the idea of "conflict." But, is it about intending to go to war or about changing my attitude? I tend to think of the 7 of wands as an offensive card, but this LWB speaks more toward defense, which we see in the tiger defending the girl. I think it might originate from a more Thothian perspective.

Thursday — Power
Five of Fire

In this card, the standard ruckus seems to be portrayed as an internal conflict. Again, what to make of this? I do usually go through things from lots of different angles before acting. Is this telling me my power lies in this multiplicity or is it saying that a focused light shines hotter?
Attachments
43-5 of fire.png
45-seven of fire.png
I believe in Crystal Light.
aphrophantasmal
Seeker

Post by aphrophantasmal »

Thursday- (Jupiter) Power and Influence

Today I drew The Devil reversed. This was especially potent to me as, last night, I made the decision that I would no longer allow my fears/anxieties to "haunt" me. There are issues I have left dormant thinking I could just get over them but I had no idea how much these outdated modes of thinking and behaving generally shaped the way I exist in the world; from my inability to even hold a child (something I was finally able to do yesterday for the first time in about 15 years) to the constant replaying of situations I can't fix in my head; they've always been there and it's time to let them go.

For some reason I thought to take a look at my astral weather to see if there were any correlations between the card drawn, my recent revelation, and the energies in my chart. Sure enough, Saturn is having a fun little retrograde in my 10th house Capricorn; which makes me think I'm exactly where I need to be on my journey. With Mars (another planetary association for The Devil) traversing my 11th house while in retrograde, this card could also be hinting at how right it is for me to take time to backtrack and reassess how I interact with the people in my life a decent little piece of sync to wrap it all around.

Good times right? Seriously, is this reversal week for me or something?

Keys for Meditation:
The Torch
The Crown
The Chain

devilcardhermetic.jpg
devilcardhermetic.jpg (23.32 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences

I was really looking forward to this draw. Yesterday was an extremely low energy day for me. In every way, physically, mentally, spiritually. I just felt empty. Then today, feeling a bit better, I wanted to see the card that would show me where my power comes from, what influences my power and look what I got:

20180809_114713.jpg

Ooof!

I think it's about the forces that are holding me back. And the word "Enslavement" seems to me to have a kind of passive feeling to it, like a state of being. And if I am "enslaved" it is my own doing. I honestly don't feel oppressed by anyone or any situation, not really.

On the other hand, could the influence I hold over those close to me feel like a kind of enslavement to them?

Have I become somewhat lazy and passive? Am I allowing myself to languish? And how have I been influencing those around me?

The heat wave here seems now to have broken, like a fever, but I have not yet snapped out of its grip. ( I now look at the card again and see people in an actual "grip" :lol: )

I want to feel like myself again, feel my energy and essence and power and I think I need to take an active role in reviving it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction

And here we go:
20180810_144127.jpg

First I want to say that this card really exemplifies the the quality of the printing of this deck. My photo here doesn't do it justice, but the colours are so vibrant without being overly saturated or garish. I know Doug Thornsjo took a lot of care with the printing process and it really does show.

But anyway, back to love and attraction.

She looks so brave and confident and bringing her best. There's nothing more attractive than that. And this is my ideal of love. Not something we "search for"or "find" but something we bring to the table ourselves.

We are love.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thursday - power and influence
justice
she looks pretty serious. and stares right at me.
she is weighing....what? her options? trying to decide which path to follow?
in any case, she is taking her time to decide, needing to consider the consequences of her choices.
i know i am at a crossroads right now, andi think i should tap into her power, to help me figure out the future i want for myself
but she tells me to take my time and not to rush into anything unprepared
good advice!

A08F9ECA-C23C-4D6D-AFEA-E222BC690218.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

friday - love and attraction
the five of swords.....
the guidebook mentions hostility, arrogance, coldness, pride and betrayal.
that is not at all what i see in this image.
i see myself, as i lay in bed this morning, tossing and turning, not wanting to get up, a prisoner of my own negative thoughts, almost to the point of self- destructiveness. i know her so well..... she is about halfway on her journey (the fives) and is about to give up.....
fortunately i managed to get out of bed eventually and spend some time outside in my garden, journaling and enjoying the sun that had appeared after some serious rainfall.
no connection to love and attraction as far as i can see. unless it is about self love? coud do with some more practice in that area.......
D1760EDC-DA1A-44CE-8259-1918B8141B3B.jpeg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Thursday - power and influence

Nine of Wands - took this as a sign yesterday to take a bit of a step back and influence by being more passive. I was in an all day senior leader meeting with some strong characters so I sat back a bit, didn't push myself forward took a more relaxed approach, which was nice!
20180810_084509.jpg

Friday - Love and Attraction

The Magician - oh think other half deserves some attention, we've been ships in the night this week. An earlyish night together would be a good start to the weekend.
20180810_084503.jpg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my planetary week with the temptress tarot

this was an interesting deck to work with, because all the cards have people in them, most of them are faces with different expressions
i really like how michelle hartsoe has tried to convey the meaning of the cards, the possible interpretations, through these expressions. some of the cards are quite stunning. it sure helps that they have no borders
i really like Michelle’s art and love her use of colors. will definitely use the deck more often.

D7E56676-E227-4E27-B9D5-64F0086A8120.jpeg

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”