This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week #8: July 14 - 20

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Nemia
Sage

My Planetary Week #8: July 14 - 20

Post by Nemia »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday (for background information, look here).

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

:!: And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Participants:
Eden - Songs for the Journey Home
Stronglove - Indigo Alchemist Tarot
Nemia - William Blake Tarot
Libra - Universal Waite Tarot
CharlotteK - Gaian Tarot
Rachelcat - Tinker's Damn Tarot
Nemia
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week #8: July 14 - 20

Post by Nemia »

I'll try my William Blake Tarot next week. A deck that I greeted with great enthusiasm, a very special deck, I love Blake, I grapple with creativity issues - writer's block, and a total loss of interest in painting, drawing, printmaking, all the things I used to love. I hope this deck can explain some things that puzzle me about these losses.
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

Hello, I'd like to join, please. I'm travelling at the moment, in New Zealand (I'm Australian), and I brought my only NZ deck with me - Songs for the Journey Home - so I'll draw a card a day from it.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Welcome! That sounds great. I've never been to the Southern Hemisphere - one of my dreams...
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

i’m going to join this week, using my totally new and very wonderful indigo alchemist tarot!
E58EAF54-B0F6-47AA-8D9C-D9A9049BFD15.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

Thanks Nemia :) Not sure how to add pics (I'm using an iPad). Maybe I'll manage it when I'm at home later in the week.
In the meantime, my card for Saturday is The Fool. The landscape in the drawing is reminiscent of landscape I've been driving through in New Zealand. Looking at it through a Saturn prism, I think my blockage is in capturing the carefree, explorative nature of The Fool even when on holidays. I feel responsible for organising the practical details of the trip, even down to being the one out of the two of us who can effectively read a map!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

saturday - obstacles and blockades - nine of cups
wow, what a stunning card! in the rws tradition, the nine of cups is known as the wish card, it represents fulfillment of ones desires on all levels.
but the indigo alchemist adds a subtle twist to this interpretation. yes, there is a pot of gold in the well, but to enjoy it, i will have to take action. i will have to walk up to that well and see if i can hoist up that bucket and take out the treasures.....
and that’s exactly where i tend to get stuck. i have been working so hard to make my dreams come true, and now that i have reached a next level, and there are just a couple of tiny steps i need to take to harvest my successes, to be able to sit back and feel statisfied and fulfilled, i feel unable to move. so i tend to just sit and stare at that well, longing for the fulfillment of that pot of gold but fearing it at the same time, thinking i am not worthy, i do not deserve it......

04E6AE02-CFFB-42C0-A800-1C1A2EF22CF2.jpeg
Libra
Sage

Post by Libra »

I think I'll jump in with this! So much of my tarot time recently has been eaten up by my shop. I think it's time I carve in my own perinatal readings as well! So here are the cards I've pulled from the Universal Waite Deck:
20180714_123119.jpg

I'll add in my reading of them as the days come up, so I'll be looking at The World in the middle there as today's card, in relation to the obstacles in my life right now. That will be a bit later though! This should be fun I think!
Intuitive tarot to inspire & empower @ www.ResonatingReadings.com
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm in this week - with the aim of getting to the end of the week!

I have a newly acquired Gaian Tarot from a swap. Unsure if I will connect with it yet. It is very firmly associated with earth orientated spirituality, which I don't practice, so whilst very beautiful this may make it hard for me to work with. But let's see!

Today is Three of Fire and we see a woman scarf dancing with a look of joy on her face. Balls of fire are in her orbit. She is dancing in a kind of sensual way. The book talks about celebrating sexuality and passion, being proud of who you are and celebrating this with abandon.

I can't say this resonates with me today. I've taken the child to karate and swimming, done some weightlifting, shopped for food, washed bed sheets and cooked dinner. Now I'm pooped and shortly off to bed. It's been about as far from passionate abandon as you could get.
20180714_224629.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'm so happy to see you all here! May we all have a wonderful week, and the rest of the world, too!

My card for yesterday:

2018 07 14 Blake Tarot II mystery.jpg

Mystery. Oh, this is Blake's Hecate, one of my favorite goddesses.

And that's what the lwb has to say about it:

2018 07 14 Blake Tarot lwb Mystery.jpg

Actually, this is exactly what I'm doing right now. I arranged my little shrine and while I didn't find a depiction of Hecate yet, I'm definitely looking for one (nearly took this card for my altar). I'm reading new books and re-reading my old tarot and spirituality books, have the strong need to boost my self confidence, tarot skills and also intuition. And yet, this card came up on Saturn, when he puts obstacles in my path. But does he? It seems to me that Saturn tells me sternly: things take time. There are reasons why in my case, the trust in intuition is difficult.

And oh. When I made my altar to the goddesses of the dark, I looked not only for Hecate but also for Rhea. I will over time find both. Saturn and Rhea belong together. (They're Hecate's aunt and uncle btw - Hecate's mother Asteria was a Titaness and she belongs to the older, pre-Olympian generation of Greek gods. Why didn't I call myself Asteria here on CoT? I love that name).

Is it possible that Saturn against his intention gave me encouragement yesterday? encouragement to stick to my slow progress and just plod on?

That was yesterday, today is the radiant Sunday.

Today's card is Whirlwind, trump nr X.

2018 07 15 Blake Tarot X Whirlwind.jpg

It's the Wheel of Fortune. And that's such a wonderful card.

2018 07 15  Blake Tarot lwb Whirlwind.jpg

I hope it will be such a day. Right now, it's difficult to imagine but the day is not over yet :-) and I'm in need of inspiration for change. And look at that: a good time to honor your gods. Indeed it is.
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

I'm just recording the card I drew this morning. I don't have the energy to think or write about it now, so here it is for future reference - Sunday's card from Songs for the Journey Home is Star (no 'the' in the title on this card).
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

CharlotteK wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 22:05 I can't say this resonates with me today. I've taken the child to karate and swimming, done some weightlifting, shopped for food, washed bed sheets and cooked dinner. Now I'm pooped and shortly off to bed. It's been about as far from passionate abandon as you could get.

20180714_224629.jpg
hihi, as the saturday card is governed by saturn and is supposed to reveal the obstacles on your path i would say it’s pretty much spot on..... :D
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

sunday’s card is about inspiration and goals, and i draw the king of swords......
quite a character, this king. he wears a mask and an eyepatch and has two crows on his head, two crescent moons next to his ears, two howling wolves at his sides and two crossed swords under his chin...... not exactly what i would associate with the king of swords......
the lwb tells me this is Odin, a fair and just king who rules with a logical iron hand.he is adept at language and with his intellect and swift judgment he battles an unmoral and corrupt kingdom.
okay, i get it..... this king is telling me to cut the crap and start doing what needs to be done. very useful advice for today, even though i would prefer to just sit back and relax....but alas, that was yesterday’s card :roll: :roll: :roll:
67EAF003-3A3A-4E3E-9008-E51A8B1062E7.jpeg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

stronglove wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 09:26
CharlotteK wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 22:05 I can't say this resonates with me today. I've taken the child to karate and swimming, done some weightlifting, shopped for food, washed bed sheets and cooked dinner. Now I'm pooped and shortly off to bed. It's been about as far from passionate abandon as you could get.

20180714_224629.jpg
hihi, as the saturday card is governed by saturn and is supposed to reveal the obstacles on your path i would say it’s pretty much spot on..... :D
Good point! :lol:
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Sunday is ruled by the Sun and is about Inspiration and Goals.

I drew Guardian of Water - Queen of Cups.
IMG_20180715_080419_123.jpg

Oh yes, I wish I could be more like her. She embodies compassion and empathy and caring for those in need of emotional support. It is also a card about cleansing onself, especially after taking care of others, to stay refreshed (and free of toxic baggage).

I am Mrs Grumpy Boots today and have been nurturing a little bit of ill will towards an acquaintance I find self-absorbed and insensitive who seems to turn everything into a kind of competition. It's really been getting to me lately. But she is insecure and this card inspires me to be more patient and compassionate and also to rid myself of this stinky mood.

I think I will do some meditation this evening and carry out a small cleansing ceremony to reset my intentions. This card has inspired me for sure.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi, all! May I jump in a day late and a dollar short? I decided I really need a weekly reading this week, and I want to share the fabulous Tinker's Damn combo deck I just received, too! Let's see, the official name is Tinker's Damn Augustus F. Norwood Legacy Edition Tarot & Mantegna 2-Deck Set Revised Second Edition. What a mouthful! I shuffled it together for a total of 156 cards in the deck. And this is what I got:

Saturday, blockages: Calliope, Muse of Epic Poetry
Tinker's Damn Calliope.jpg

Yesterday was a day of blockages. After working on it week before last all during my vacation week, I almost decided to give up on a project I've been working on (and NOT working on) for many years. I had just about made up my mind when I did a reading before bed that definitely said don't give up. I associate Calliope with struggle and courage. She tells of heroes and battles won and lost. My writer's block led to serious discouragement because I couldn't or didn't push through it with heroic fortitude. I felt like if I couldn't make progress right then, I might as well give up. But tomorrow is always another day. Sometimes you have to regroup and try again.

Sunday, inspiration and goals: Aquarius
Tinker's Damn Aquarius.jpg

My project and my goal is unconventional and rooted in the new age. (It's a tarot project.) I need to remember I'm not just doing this to get an idea out of my head and onto paper, but also to accomplish something others might find intriguing, useful, or attractive. I think I need to read up more on the attributes of Aquarius. My astro knowledge is kind of spotty. If I think of something more for goals, I'll add it.

I love seeing everyone's cards and readings! Let's keep going!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Rachelcat wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 14:38 My project and my goal is unconventional and rooted in the new age. (It's a tarot project.) I need to remember I'm not just doing this to get an idea out of my head and onto paper, but also to accomplish something others might find intriguing, useful, or attractive. I think I need to read up more on the attributes of Aquarius. My astro knowledge is kind of spotty. If I think of something more for goals, I'll add it.
here’s some interesting astrological information about aquarius, the waterbearer of the gods, i find it remarkably applicable to what you’re writing here....

“Aquarius is the sign of visionaries, unconventionality and intellectual independence. They are the people who deviate from the crowd and go their own way. They are always after intellectual stimulation, constantly discovering something new, forming new opinions and stubbornly traveling their way regardless of what other people think. Aquarius are filled with paradoxes, they are interested in the opposite ends of the spectrum, they like to be alone yet are social butterflies, they like to experience both sides and see both opinions as they formulate new ideas with their forward thinking, active mind.”
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

moon day - dreams and fears, and it’s the knight of pentacles.....
wow, what a scary creature..... he has trees growing out of his head and fiery, merciless eyes, he is baring his big white teeth and showing a pair of dangerously sharp looking tusks.... what is his message?

according to the lwb he is a samurai, charging forward with a well thought out plan, unwavering, sticking to his meticulously prepared strategy, sacrificing himself to stay on course, if necessary....

yep, that is my nightmare and he is my nemesis. he is so completely opposed to what and who i am..... i am the meandering river, going where i am able to go, fluid, flexible, becoming a tiny trickle when the passage is rough, making waves, when there is enough room to let myself flow fully. when i meet an obstacle, i fold myself around it or take a detour to discover a new way, ending up miles from where i was initially thinking of going.....
this knight of pentacles is relentless, he takes no detours, ignores every distraction, whenever he is stopped on his path he uses dynamite to blow his way through...... omg he really scares me.
he is also my nemesis, where he represents linear thinking and problem solving, because he is what society wants people to be like. stubborn and goal oriented, never looking around to take in the view or stopping to smell the roses. for him life is not a journey, it is all about getting to your destination as fast and cheap as possible.
and still, in my dreams i long to be more like him, normal, masculine, but most important of all: decisive, organized, focused, because i so sorely lack these capacities, so extremely valued in this world, due to my adhd brain wiring.....

i think i must remind myself of the fact that i am never going to be like him, and that i should stop trying.

77B6A8F2-210C-4818-91E6-3BE2EE89C397.jpeg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Well Monday it is, and this is when we look at our hopes and fears.

I drew Child of Earth.

20180716_210258.jpg

I see my son here and the fear and worry that he is disconnected from nature and the earth, oblivious to the wonders of the outdoors and obsessed with screens and tablets and games, even at the age of five. As parents, I fear we have failed him somewhat and have not done enough to protect him from the stranglehold that technology has upon us. I hope that it is not too late and that there is still time to help him appreciate the magic of a ripe apple and animals in their natural habitats. Time to start afresh and build new habits.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

stronglove wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 16:15here’s some interesting astrological information about aquarius, the waterbearer of the gods, i find it remarkably applicable to what you’re writing here....

“Aquarius is the sign of visionaries, unconventionality and intellectual independence. They are the people who deviate from the crowd and go their own way. They are always after intellectual stimulation, constantly discovering something new, forming new opinions and stubbornly traveling their way regardless of what other people think. Aquarius are filled with paradoxes, they are interested in the opposite ends of the spectrum, they like to be alone yet are social butterflies, they like to experience both sides and see both opinions as they formulate new ideas with their forward thinking, active mind.”
Thanks for the info! Yes, this is definitely me when it comes to tarot studies and projects. I like the social aspects, but always go my own way! And it really does apply to my goal, do something others will like but in my own way. Thanks again. Lots to think about!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

And catching up for today and might was well include tomorrow:

Monday, dreams and fears: Four of Air
Tinker's Damn 4 Air.jpg

Still reading on the project: I'm afraid I'll quit. 4 = closed; Air = mind. Close my mind to the project. Even if that's not the best thing to do. I was ready to do it. And I might have done it already and not acknowledged it to myself yet.

And on the other side, quitting is a dream for rest, peace of mind, and freedom from obligation. Wouldn't it be wonderful to rise above the world naked and vulnerable (with no baggage) surrounded by a pure white rose? But maybe the better way to be free is to complete the project instead of quit!

Tuesday, conflicts and challenges: Prudence
Tinker's Damn Prudence.jpg

The challenge is to be practical and wise. This is just a temporary feeling. I can fight it. Listen to the subtle, clever mini-dragon whispering in my ear, not my hopes and fears!

CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Tuesday: Conflicts and Challenges

I drew Explorer of Earth
IMG_20180717_080738_048.jpg

Here our Knight of Pentacles enbodies green living and a deep connection with the heart of nature. I think this really tunes into some inner turmoil for me these days.about the relative difficulty in living sustainably without it being a really huge effort. I do try. I have a 99% plant based diet (occasionally get caught out with convenience food and sneaky whey etc) most of it wholefood. I recycle and I mend things. But... I'm not happy with much of the way we consume in our house. Too much single use plastic. Far too many plastic toys. We could do a lot better and I feel very guilty about it but it feels so damned hard to make the good choices when time is short and convenience is king. But if a huge effort is required then I feel that's what needs to happen. Time to start researching alternative places to shop.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

My card for yesterday, Day of the Moon, Ten of Music: Sublimity.

2018 07 16  Blake Tarot Ten of Music Sublimity.jpg

And the lwb for this card:

2018 07 16 Blake Tarot lwb ten of music.jpg

My card for today, Day of Tiw/Mars: another Ten, the Ten of Science: Defeat.

2018 07 17  Blake Tarot  ten of science Defeat.jpg

And the lwb page of the card:

2018 07 17 Blake Tarot lwb ten of science.jpg

These are two Tens, and I interpret them together. Yes, I have total domestic happiness, a very happy marriage and emotional fulfillment. And I'm going through a difficult phase where my professional development is going nowhere, my intellectual pursuits sound hollow, and my professional self image is cut to stripes. On Moon days, when my heart is soft and I work at home and I listen to myself, I see the happiness and rejoice. On Mars days, when I have to go out and work and struggle with depressing work conditions, I feel humiliated and defeated. A total failure.

That's a totally precise analysis. And the cards have told me that over and over again. I'm struggling with health problems, too, and right now simply don't know how to change gears, how to make my professional life interesting again, how to get back on a road to some success.

My marital happiness doesn't motivate me to get off my ass and battle my way back into my profession, no, it's my safe escape place... two Tens tell me that this cycle is over and I have to change something before change comes from the outside.

Oh dear, William Blake and Ed Buryn did a great job.

I may have to learn to manifest the Dusty White way - I'm reading his book Advanced Secrets right now, maybe that will help?
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Nemia wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 08:48 I'll try my William Blake Tarot next week. A deck that I greeted with great enthusiasm, a very special deck, I love Blake, I grapple with creativity issues - writer's block, and a total loss of interest in painting, drawing, printmaking, all the things I used to love. I hope this deck can explain some things that puzzle me about these losses.
Hi Nemia
i have the william blake too, it is one of my oldest decks. i see that your lwb is very different from mine. i got ed buryn’s deck and book set, with a lot more information about the cards and different text for the keywords. if you do not have this, and are interested, i could scan it for you

BD35081D-1B6F-4B46-BFC1-B678D8097660.jpeg
399A0EA3-CF67-41A6-9F45-B2E84958E0F1.jpeg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Thank you, that's very kind! I have the pdf version of the book, Ed offered it for free on his website. It's an excellent book and much deeper than the lwb. I have the second edition and it comes with the lwb that I scanned. I'll re-read the book :-)

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”