This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week #8: July 14 - 20

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
stronglove
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week #8: July 14 - 20

Post by stronglove »

Nemia wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 08:29 Thank you, that's very kind! I have the pdf version of the book, Ed offered it for free on his website. It's an excellent book and much deeper than the lwb. I have the second edition and it comes with the lwb that I scanned. I'll re-read the book :-)
oh, great! good to know he offers it on his website, it is indeed a fascinating book, will re-read it too and use the blake for my next planetary week. it’s high time to reconnect with his world.....
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

tuesday - mars - conflicts and challenges
i draw the eight of swords....... very similar to the rws image, with a few subtle twists
i see myself, in the middle of eight swords. i know i have stuck them in the ground all by myself. they represent my should have’s, my failures and shortcomings, and i have incarcerated myself in the middle of them and have closed my eyes, turned inwards, endlessly repeating all my faults and bad habits to myself. me at my lowest.
the challenge here is to look up, see the beautiful night sky, the milky way, the cosmos that i belong to, am a part of, re-connect to the universe and walk out of that self made prison, knowing that nothing can or will stop me, because those swords are just figments of my imagination.

85ED78E6-1863-42D1-9976-D462217566A4.jpeg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Wednesday - ruled by Mercury - Interactions and Change

Today's draw is Justice.
20180718_075635.jpg

This card is about ethical choices, consequences of our actions and whether our decisions are making the world a better place or having a negative impact. It sort of follows on from yesterday's theme of taki g personal responsibility for environmental issues, but I'm relating it today to my wrangling internally over what to do with my working hours and whether to request a change (or possibly even a slight reduction) to spend more time with my son. This also ties into the Child card I drew earlier as this would give me an opportunity to do more outdoors things with him. I have an obligation to my work but I also have a huge respinsibility to taise my child with the right values.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

wednesday, inspiration and goals, and it’s the star.... who’se planet is mercury..._
i don’t really like this star card, apart from the starry sky it has nothing that inspires me. i am totally not into unicorns, nor into the bold colored borders around the 5 pointed star in the image. the star is number 17, which reduces to 8, which is my birth number/ card. i prefer to use the star as my birth card, to escape the confusion around trump nr 8, which can either be justice (my preference) or strength.
so what is the star’s message today? i think it is related to the sola busca reading joan marie did about my art. it is a message of hope and faith. of following my dreams and desires, of finding my truth as an artist. it is permission to explore new pathways in my creativity. beautiful!

A3E6A017-F7B2-438F-838F-CCB1E4F7C81B.jpeg
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

In the interests of time and opportunity, I'm going to finish out my week today. But I'll be keeping them in mind!

Wednesday, change and communication: Rhetoric
Tinker's Damn Rhetoric.jpg

Well, certainly appropriate for a Mercury day! I don't think I tried to do much convincing of people today, but I did do a reading for a work friend for her birthday, and showed off some of my new decks, and I think she really enjoyed both. So I was communicating my tarot enthusiasm. Natural rhetoric!

Thursday, power and leadership: Hope
Tinker's Damn Hope.jpg

I did some searching around on the meanings and associations of the virtues a little while back. I couldn't figure out the difference between faith and hope. I found good info on the cardinal virtues in the Catholic Encyclopedia, so I went there first but didn't find much. Come to find out, Martin Luther wrote a sermon on it. To cut through a lot of red tape and theology of the most protestant kind, faith is airy/swordsy, meaning knowing a teaching and believing in it. Hope is fiery/wandsy, acting on faith, putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak. So the fiery phoenix is appropriate on this card. And it certainly works for power and leadership.

Friday, love attraction: Six of Earth
Tinker's Damn 6 Earth.jpg

I like money! And I like sharing and being generous.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

This week, I hardly have time for my cards. I had a flare-up of a complaint that I suffered from for many years; I thought it wouldn't come back but it did. Let's hope I'm done with it - might take some time though. Right now, I'm feeling okay.

Let's see what I missed.

Wednesday, Mercredi, Mercury's day. Communication, interaction, keeping all channels open, moving swiftly... how did Mercury come up in my life?

2018 07 18  Blake Tarot two of painting balance.jpg
Two of Painting - that's like Two of Disks/Pentacles/Coins/Crystals ;-)

2018 07 18 Blake Tarot lwb two of painting.jpg

I felt horrible on Wednesday but I worked and didn't let it stop me. And concerning Mercury's role as messenger - I fulfilled my old role as in-between, trying to heal some rifts in the family. I try to keep my balance - being torn into at least three directions.... emotionally, that's right now my most urgent concern.

Thursday, yesterday. The day of Thor/Jupiter, day of power, hierarchies... but all I did yesterday was recover from my attack. A quiet day at home, nearly no interaction at all.

2018 07 19  Blake Tarot  angel of science.jpg

The Angel of Science. A beautiful image.

2018 07 19 Blake Tarot lwb angel of science.jpg

Interesting enough, the only word that is somehow connected to the day I had yesterday is the word meditation. I finished Dusty White's book yesterday and tried to do the insight meditation - looking for Myself, for the person I was before I tried to please the whole world, the person I could or should have been. While I was hunting for that elusive Nemia back into my early childhood, when the feeling of "not good enough", "not what my parents wanted" started, a whole wave of memories and ideas washed over me. I didn't and couldn't hold on to anything but I will do that meditation again. Who knows what will come of it?

The Blake deck really seems like a wonderful deck to stimulate imagination and creativity. There is so much simmering somewhere in my mind, I can't get to it. So many ideas, so many things I'd like to do. And here is my card of today:

2018 07 20  Blake Tarot  8 of music Discontent.jpg

Quite in the mood, isn't it? Fridays are my favorite days, because of Freya/Venus but also because it's the beginning of the weekend here ;-)

2018 07 20  Blake Tarot lwb eight of music.jpg

The discontent is strictly with myself, not with my love life which is happy and perfect and the best part of my life. It's with myself, my own Venusian person, that I feel discontent and disappointment.

I am expressing what I feel - right here.

So how was my week with the Blake Tarot?

Blake Tarot week.jpg

Very interesting and I will continue to work with the deck. The book is very very good, too. I don't know why there is no hype about this deck - maybe because it takes an effort to get to know it? It does't read out of the box but it's worth getting to know it. When I bought it, I read the book but didn't use it for readings. Somehow, I felt shy - but that's silly, I can work with it and in this week, it caught my mood quite well. And it would have worked even better if this week had been a bit less disturbed by trouble and pain. Physical pain always makes tarot work difficult, it's an i nterference.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thursday: jupiter: power and influences
the page of wands.... in the indigo alchemist, the pages are litterally pages, as in: book pages, scrolls. they are messengers. this page announces that i should use my passion to discover a new phase in my life.
quite accurate, the feeling of a major shift has been coming up for a while now,and i think this card is a reminder for me.
thinking of Lana del Rey’s ‘change’ (which i am now studying for my singing lessons, ah, synchronicity....)
There's something in the wind
I can feel it blowing in
It's coming in softly
On the wings of a bomb
There's something in the wind
I can feel it blowing in
It's coming in hotly
And it's coming in strong
yes. definitely. spot on.

45C88808-2975-4C1F-818B-E2DC2ED6C55F.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

friday: venus: love and attraction
and it’s the tower.....
huh? omg, this is what the page of wands was telling me yesterday.
a change is gonna come..... and by the looks of it, it is coming on the wings of a bomb, just as Lana del Rey has been singing .....

as i am driving my car to pick up my sister for a day trip to Dordrecht i am trying to figure out the meaning of the tower card for me at this moment in time. i am having a sense of foreboding, surely it doesn’t mean i am going to drive my car into a wall, cause an accident or something similar? the first time ever that a tarot card has spooked me. interesting.....
halfway there i suddenly get a flash of insight into a problem that has been bugging me for months now, by approaching it from a totally different angle i can suddenly see the solution that has been staring me in the face all along. and i realise that this is what the tower was pointing me towards.
sweet relief!
i can see no connection to venus/love/attraction though. so maybe there isn’t one.
A73D7386-6101-48BB-B798-CE53A6FA35C8.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my week with the indigo alchemist

it was an interesting week and the deck didn’t let me down. i love the imagery and will most definitely be using the deck in the future.
would like to try it out with some more elaborate spreads
00C86EDA-2480-4DC2-88E8-4B68568C97C9.jpeg

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”