This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Holiday Fortune Circle

Participants in the December Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM Holiday Fortune Circle

Post by Charlie Brown »

Bonjour, tout le monde!!!

This month, we're going to do something a little bit different. I've created a super-quick, super-fun fortune telling spread that's themed for Xmas, Yule, or any of the tree-loving celebrations.

The spread is described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&p=4621#p4621

Since this spread really only takes a minute or two to do, I think that each of us should draw a fortune for everyone in the circle. On the off chance that we're simply deluged with holiday well-wishers, we can pare it down to something manageable. As it stands, doing three or four of these is still probably less of a time commitment than a single French Cross.

ETA: This type of spread also means that feedback is not required (Yay!)

CHEERS!
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: TdM Holiday Fortune Circle

Post by Joan Marie »

This is a great idea Charlie Brown. It's kind of nice to not have to think up the question.

I may just have to get myself a TdM deck and give this a go. I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers on this one!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

No way could do I do a seven card spread in a minute or two. Gosh. I’d like to sign up but I really don’t think I could do several of these.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Try one. It really takes about 30 seconds or so. The goal isn't a "reading" is generating a one-sentence fortune with quick keywords. I just drew one. Gift/card 1 = 10 of Cups = emotional abundance. Star/card 7 = 4 of Wands = stalemate, according to Ben-Dov, which could also be a balance of wills if we recast that idea a bit more positively. The fortune = Don't let your good fortune blind you to the needs of others. It really took me only a few seconds more to do it than to type it up. I bet if you give yourself the freedom to read quick I bet that it will be a cinch.

I don't even look at cards 2 - 6 unless I'm a bit hazy.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Ok count me in :)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

That's the spirit. I really think that you'll enjoy it if you can get into the right headspace. If it ends up not being for you then no harm, no foul. It isn't like people are asking their deep questions and/or awaiting detailed feedback. There's no wrong answers and lots of cheer.
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

I'll give it a go, seems like an interesting/fun exercise.

So before we start doing it for real, here's my initial attempt to see if I've got the hang of it. Is writing it like this OK:

Le Mat
Chariot, 4 of Swords
4 of Cups, 6 of Wands, 9 of Wands
2 of Cups

Message: A new or existing partnership will flourish if you approach it with innocent enthusiasm.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sinister wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 21:37 I'll give it a go, seems like an interesting/fun exercise.

So before we start doing it for real, here's my initial attempt to see if I've got the hang of it. Is writing it like this OK:

Le Mat
Chariot, 4 of Swords
4 of Cups, 6 of Wands, 9 of Wands
2 of Cups

Message: A new or existing partnership will flourish if you approach it with innocent enthusiasm.
Sounds good to me. I love it.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Holiday Fortunes from Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

I've placed all three of your readings into this one thread. I was enjoying myself so I did a little more on the interior cards than was necessary. I also, separately, drew each of you a card from the Christmas Oracle.

CharlotteK is top/center (1JJ Swiss)
Joan Marie is the left side (Fournier)
Sinister is the right side (Yves' Burdel)
20181212_202716.jpg
n.b. Photo aligns correctly when you click on it

Charlotte: Let your emotions become a source of power

I always view the King of Cups as a slightly detached character. The king's fire needs barriers in order not to be swamped by the cups' water. He is rarely disrupted or upset by the tumult of the waters. This is not to say that he suppresses or denies his emotions but, rather, he is centered in himself and understands the difference between a momentary stimulation and true, deep feeling. In this card, we see his right hand, palm outward, holding the cup in an almost fey way. This hand or a similarly oriented one is repeated in the Ace of Swords.

Looking at the interior cards, we see a partnership betweeen feeling (Queen of Cups) and asserting power (The Chariot). She almost appears to be offering the charioteer a drink. Her feelings become the fuel of his impending conquest. In cards 2-4, The Moon is both a 9 card (as 1+8) and an 8 card (as 18). It is, of course, followed by a 9 and an 8—feelings and materialization. This particular Moon card reflects the idea of an emotional retaining wall, so to speak, that I generally read into the King of Cups: There is a clear dividing line between the lovely moonlit scene and the primordial mind that lurks underneath.

Ivy: Like you, Ivy can grow to great heights. This is probably a literal nod to your bardic training.

Joan Marie: Give yourself a little room to breathe. Create a balance in your life that will let you get the rest that you need in order to flourish

Looking at the interior cards, that King of Cups looks to me like he's feeling a little hemmed in from having a mindset that's a bit too oriented towards material growth. Above him, the ten of wands + nine of swords is a particularly oppressive looking pair. By clearing out a little mental space, that flower can bloom up top.

Oranges: Giving yourself a treat can help ward off scurvy and other illnesses. In the words of Tupac Shakur, "Treat yourself, don't cheat yourself."

Sinister: This one turned out a little different for me. I didn't so much get a snappy one-liner so much as I got the notion that, in the new year, you're going to have to make a decision (3 of wands as crossroads), probably about a woman in your life. If, however, I ignore that and just give you an aphorism, I'd say:
Look at things from both sides when you choose

Lights: It's always good to see things clearly.

20181212_193557.jpg
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

Thanks Charlie, there's certainly at least one woman I will need to make a decision of sorts about in the new year, though for different reasons!

- - - - - - -

My readings (can't post pics unfortunately).
In the spirit of this exercise, these are quick messages based on my immediate quickfire responses!

For all three readings I used the same deck, my 'Ignaz Krebs' Tarot de Marseille from Piatnik (aka Tarot Rhenan).

Charlie Brown:

2 Wands
7 Coins, Le Pape
Ace of Cups, 9 of Coins, Le Monde
6 of Cups

Message: Working together will bring harmony, promising the world and delivering much peace and wisdom.

___

CharlotteK:

10 of Coins
Valet le Coupe, L'Empereur
3 of Coins, Cavalier de Coupe, 5 of Wands
3 of Cups

Message: A time for celebration, perhaps a carnival (?!) supported by the knight and page of cups bringing a positive emotional message.

___

Joan Marie:

2 of Coins
Valet Despee, 4 of Swords
L'Imperatrice, 2 of Cups, Le Diable
Ace of Cups

Message: Be optimistic as you have much support. Balance and security with what you have, yet also a new phase on the horizon.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown

Ace of Épées
X Coupes Reine de Coupes
IX - L' Ermite X Deniers XIX - Le Soleil
III Coupes

Lot of very positive cards here.

Your efforts in your personal relationships will pay off with an abundance of camaraderie and good feelings.

Charlotte

La Papesse
Valet de Deniers Roy de Coupes
V - Le Pape I - Le Bateleur X of Épées
XI - La Force

There's a lot of strong cards here Lady.

I think your powers are at a high point and will be recognised and things that have been troubling for you will be surmounted.

Sinister
XVIII - La Lune
IX of Épées Roy de Baton
4 of Batons 5 of Épées 8 of Batons
XIV - La Tempérance

An interesting mix here Sinister.

You're going to be faced with a lot of difficult choices this year but keep your mind open to creative solutions, in fact look for them.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 17:58 Sinister
XVIII - La Lune
IX of Épées Roy de Baton
4 of Batons 5 of Épées 8 of Batons
XIV - La Tempérance

An interesting mix here Sinister.

You're going to be faced with a lot of difficult choices this year but keep your mind open to creative solutions, in fact look for them.
Interesting that we both got choice for Sinister
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 18:44 Interesting that we both got choice for Sinister
That is interesting.

And I have to admit I was really skeptical about this "quick and dirty" style of reading, but it was fun and easier than I thought it would be. And the fact that we both came up with the same thing for Sinister gives it a bit of credibility, no? 😉
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 21:15
Charlie Brown wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 18:44 Interesting that we both got choice for Sinister
That is interesting.

And I have to admit I was really skeptical about this "quick and dirty" style of reading, but it was fun and easier than I thought it would be. And the fact that we both came up with the same thing for Sinister gives it a bit of credibility, no? 😉
For me, it's a really good way to get into what I see as a "classical cartomancy" oriented mindset. By all reports, those old Romanian ladies in the back of some tea shop don't mess around.

ETA: It's same mindset that I find works for using TdM majors-only for reading super mundane questions like "what to cook for dinner" I think I posted such a reading here awhile back on "what book should I read on my trip"
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

I'd better prepare myself for all these choices in the new year then, now it's been confirmed!

I like this "quick and dirty" (oo-er!) approach too, it's been a refreshing exercise. There's certainly something to be said for "classical cartomancy", particularly using historical pre-Golden Dawn decks.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Here is yours Charlie Brown from the Soprafino.
27ED16BE-E998-4F42-95C7-1B604740B6EC.jpeg

Hanged Man
6 of Wands, King of Wands
Ten of Cups, 3 of Wands, Queen of Cups
Queen of Wands

Message: Your current place in the ‘chain of command’ and the self interest sacrifices you continue to voluntarily make are all necessary for the time being. So be at peace, and know it is for the greater good.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Here is yours Joan Marie from the Tarot of Musterberg.
907D64B7-7B1D-4BBA-A6B0-86085DDD0A33.jpeg

Two of Chalices
Ace of Swords, The Fool
Two of Wands, Queen of Coins, The Empress
Five of Chalices

Message: A loss of or breakdown in a relationship may cause some temporary heartache, but the positive aspect is that a fresh opportunity will be created for a new partnership or relationship, possibly of a business nature.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Sinister here is yours using the Pierre Madenié 1709.
E2DB5E45-C50E-4879-8F3A-C93860A97763.jpeg

Five of Coins
Ace of Swords, Three of Cups
Page of Swords, Six of Swords, Eight of Wands
Eight of Swords

Message: You are facing a challenge that requires clarity of thought, ideas and possibly innovative solutions, especially in relation to finances or domestic issues. Consider tackling it with others and coming up with plans for pooling resources.
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

Cheers Charlotte - and with the Madenié, too, a real classic TdM.
Certainly looks like a challenging time ahead then....!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sinister wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 02:43 Cheers Charlotte - and with the Madenié, too, a real classic TdM.
So much for fun Christmas merry making. Of course, with a name like Sinister, I don't know what you'd expect. ;)
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

Charlie Brown wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 05:26
Sinister wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 02:43 Cheers Charlotte - and with the Madenié, too, a real classic TdM.
So much for fun Christmas merry making. Of course, with a name like Sinister, I don't know what you'd expect. ;)
Ha, very true! I prefer Krampus to Santa anyway. :twisted:

Return to “12 December TdM Reading Circle”