This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A List of New Decks

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: A List of New Decks

Post by Joan Marie »

Ana Luisa wrote: โ†‘11 Nov 2018, 14:32 Has Textured Tarot been included ?
Got it, thanks Ana Luisa!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

How about the Moonchild Tarot? I can't see it in AT's A-Z.

https://themoonchildtarot.com/shop/
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Some Amazon suggestions that look new and interesting.

Tarot de la Nuit

John Bauer Tarot

Arcanum Tarot

Bianco Nero Tarot

Everyday Tarot mini by Biddy (Birgit Esselmont)
GaryOwhere
Seeker

Post by GaryOwhere »

The Line Defined is a new deck that recently has been successfully funded on Kickstarter. It is a black-and-white deck with influences from alchemy, nature, and tattoo.

The Line Defined
=GO=
Seldes Katne
Seeker

Post by Seldes Katne »

I'm exhausted just reading the lists in this thread. So many decks, so little time....

I have a few to add:

The Crow Tarot This one is on pre-order.

Spooky Cats Tarot. The same folks created the Kiddy Katz Tarot as well. The art of Spooky Cats is super cute, but the deck provides serious readings.

Trick or Tarot

The Fox Tarot
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Seldes Katne wrote: โ†‘17 Nov 2018, 00:57 I'm exhausted just reading the lists in this thread. So many decks, so little time....
It's astonishing isn't it, how many decks have been created in just the last few years? I really did not realise it and it makes me know even more what an important task this is to assemble them all, to carry on where Aeclectic left off. I hope I can catch up at some point but that seems far off at the moment.

Thank you everyone. Keep them coming and again, I am keeping a list so nothing gets missed. (that rhymed!)

A little update, Indie Deck Review has asked to be linked from the listed decks that they have done reviews for or interviewed the creator. I've started that. They keep adding and so do we. In exchange, they have offered to run an ad on their site for this forum.( I just have to create the ad!)

This is all a lot of work but in all honesty, I'm really enjoying it and learning so much about all the things going on out there. I'm really beginning to see just how big the Tarot world is.

Also, I would love to create links within the forum, so any decks that are reviewed here, or interviews, I will happily create links from any deck posted on the list. Please feel free to bring any to my attention any of those that I've missed. Also any errors you see in my listings, broken links etc. I do my best to check everything but there is just so much, I'm bound to miss something here and there.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I didn't see this deck here before - Daniloff's Fatigue of War Tarot majors. What a stark and dark deck. He's a great artist.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Do you accept non-indie decks now, Joan Marie? The Bianco Nero is from US Games, while the Arcanum is from Lo Scarabeo.
Start strong
End stronger
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

At long last Aisselle has finished the very quirky yet charming Grand Tarot Ellessia, which is available from Printer's Studio.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

There is a very nice Christmas Oracle, which is available here
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Amoroso wrote: โ†‘01 Dec 2018, 01:47 Do you accept non-indie decks now, Joan Marie? The Bianco Nero is from US Games, while the Arcanum is from Lo Scarabeo.
Well, my preference is for Indie. But I got both of those decks from suggestions in this thread.

Most of the decks I've posted so far were ones that were relatively easy for me to get images of off the internet. Some decks that is really hard to do and will require my contacting the artists and requesting they send me images. It just takes time to do that, to make the contact etc.

I still have well over 100 indie decks (mostly sent in by you Amoroso) still to be posted. A few non-indie ones get through in the process. (if I am halfway through through the work of collecting the images etc when I realise it's not Indie, I'm not likely to chuck the work I've already done.)

The one criteria I am going to be a stickler about is that it is not a deck already posted on AT, and that is easy enough to check.

But to give a final answer, I really would prefer to stick with the Indie decks because there are quite enough of them to keep me busy and the big publishers already do a lot for the promotion of their decks. In other words, I'm not adding as much value by posting those as I am with Indies. If that makes sense.

EDIT: I will make an exception to add any deck that is requested to be added by the creator, (and who includes images with the request) regardless of whether or not it already appears on AT's list.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Thanks for clarifying that, Joan Marie.
Start strong
End stronger
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

I've got three.... Hi, I'm not here much because of wrist issues. But just looking at the list and aeclectic's, I've got these:

1. Britt's third eye Tarot
2. Persephone tarot by Circo
3. The Circo tarot (im sure this has been mentioned)

There's a bunch on little red tarot, asali earthwork, and indiedeckreview on Instagram too

edit: you got the last two! Ok maybe

1. Moon power (search didn't work because the 'terms are too common')
2. Shrine of the Black Medusa
3. Practical magic Starter Deck
4. Dust II onyx (on Aeclectic as a WIP only) - deck interview by asali earthwork, most of the reviews are videos.

Incoming:
1. Melenated Classic
2. Harry Potter by Nasubionna
3. Lucid Slumber (being mailed out) (edit: just saw it's already been mentioned)
4. Dreamer's Arcana (funded on kickstarter)
5. Afro Goddess Arcanas

edit: if they are incoming I've linked to the deck site or Kickstarter instead of a 3rd party review.

edit: Done. Forgot to mention:

Melanade Stand (formerly known as the Brown Girl Tarot): Sort of Review, Youtube Review, Another YouTube Review
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wonderful. Thank you. I am adding all of these to my list.

By the way, I am getting several submissions directly from artists which is wonderful.

If you are a deck artist, please see this post for information.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Added links and another deck to the previous post.

Here's one more.

Next World Tarot - Review1, Review2, Youtube Review 1

^Just saw it has been mentioned, but wouldn't let me search thread for it. But I added reviews in case you needed some.

Upcoming: James R Eads maker of the prisma visions, is making a lenormand deck. Green Glyphs.

edit: I'm doodling a little deck, but it's silly and I'm not quite sure where it's heading yet or whether I want it available for folks to buy, but once I know I'll put the deets in this thread.

edit: The Ophidia Rosa deck listing here has a typo in the name. Might make it hard to find later.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Start strong
End stronger
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I'd like to add one deck if possible, indie.

The Dreamkeepers Tarot by Liz Huston. https://www.lizhuston.com/dreamkeeperstarot
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Carlos Gee's Black Tales Tarot

He has a guidebook on Amazon.

His Facebook.
A YouTube flip through is all I could find for a review.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Nosotras tarot
https://www.elisariemer.com.br/nosotras-tarot-ct-1c9391
Might be just majors....but there are other suits for sale??

Hereโ€™s a YouTube review. Havenโ€™t seen it yet though
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

AstralPasta wrote: โ†‘10 Aug 2019, 02:27 Nosotras tarot
These are great and I hope to be able to add them. Be aware though that I need to have the images of 9 cards to add them. If I can't get them from the internet, I write the author and often they respond and send me the images. It's all very time-consuming. very rewarding when it works out, but massively time-consuming nonetheless.

I have also had help from members. stronglove sent me images and descriptions from many many decks from her personal collection. It really helped me a lot. She told me she really enjoyed doing it because it gave her a chance to spend some quality time with her decks.

So if you don't see the decks you suggest getting added right away, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's just that I require the resources to make the additions.

Coincidentally, Benebell Wen wrote me just today and sent me images and a description from her new Spirit Keeper's Vitruvian edition. I will be posting those this weekend.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Gotcha! No problem!

The black tales tarot by Carlos Gee has all the image previews on MakePlayingCards but it'll be a little annoying

NosotraS Google images come up right away. I'll upload them below as an attachment

I'll keep that in mind!

And. Hoo, that deck. I have a lot to say but not quite yet. Also, great!
6819f00647f9963af744718df6a0bed9.jpg
747dd0ae8a903f9251048e928e69be0a.jpg
edit: the black tales one - all the images are on his Facebook. I linked it in the previous post
tyshadragon
Seeker

Post by tyshadragon »

My apologies if it's already been mentioned, but the 78 Tarot Mythical in the library actually shows images from the 78 Tarot First Edition (from 2014) and not the Mythical deck (from 2018)..

Return to โ€œNews & Updatesโ€