This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Update Complete!

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Update Complete!

Post by Joan Marie »

It took all day but everything went very smoothly.
All that practice crashing the board on my test board for the past couple of weeks paid off!

I know that most things look the same as before - There are a couple things you will notice, mostly that you have more modern options when you post.

You'll see when you look. I do plan to write a more detailed message about the changes in the next day or 2.

I will be implementing a few more changes i think you will like but for now my priority was to just get things back in order.

I do realise that the board needs a bit of re-organising. That will happen soon.

I hope to be able to implement the different board styles again soon. Apologies to the pycode and elegance fans. I am working on that. There were some compatibility issues.

The Library of decks is all wonky now- another compatibility issue, but I have a solution for it and will get that up and in order soon. It will be better than before.

Card of the Day will be back tomorrow.

There are about a million little settings to this board and I suspect that over the next few days we may see some little tweaky things. if you see or notice anything, please let me know. You can reply here or PM me.

The majority of the upgrade is stuff you can't really see but was desperately needed to keep things running.

That's it for now. Please enjoy. I'm going for a run in the forest now.

Thank you all for your patience and support! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

(updates continue below)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
fire cat pickles
Sage

Re: Update Complete!

Post by fire cat pickles »

Yay! You are the one with the patience!

Thank you for all you do :)

p.s. img link works and the images in the Backwards Tarot Prompts thread are good to go.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Congrats and thanks. Nice circuit board header art to celebrate.
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Thank you - you're a :star: :green_heart: :D
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm finding a few little tweaky things going on.
Nothing serious. But a couple are kind of annoying, like logging off randomly.
(if you need help with a password, please email me at: joanmarie@cultoftarotforum.com )

I am working on that and I appreciate your patience.

There are a few little cosmetic thingys also that I will get sorted over the next few days.

Please let me know if you see any little (or big) things that need correcting.
As I said earlier there are a ton of settings etc with this board and many will need a bit of a tweak.

And I will be restoring the Library of decks very soon. Alternate board styles as well hopefully.

In the meanwhile, enjoy this photo I just took of my Bunny eating my nasturtiums when she thinks I'm not looking.

bunny nasturtiums.jpg
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The board Style called pycode is now available for you to choose.

It is a darker interface that a lot of people really like.

pycode.png

To select pycode as your default style:
  • Go to the User Control Panel (click on your username in the top right and select it from the dropdown list)
  • Select "Board preferences" from the top tabs
  • You'll see a selection called "My Board Style" Choose pycode from the dropdown.
  • Click "submit"
  • You can always switch it back to the default, prosilver.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Thank you!
JayBee
Seer

Post by JayBee »

Re the pycode interface: A curiosity question for any other of the age 60+ members out there. I know this kind of dark background is quite the rage. Many of my publishing colleagues in Windows environments use it. It certainly doesn't agree with my eyes. I'm wondering if it's just a preference thing or if any other "older folk" have similar experiences. (No judgment on providing the option for it. Just wondering.)
fire cat pickles
Sage

I use pycode because of the contrasted background. It's easier on the eyes for me (migraine sufferer) but a bit harder to read (I wear glasses). So it's a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul. But if I'm having difficulty I can always just increase the mag a bit or highlight briefly. I'm not over 60 yet but I'm getting there...

Return to โ€œNews & Updatesโ€