This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Forum Maintenance Scheduled

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Forum Maintenance Scheduled

Post by Joan Marie »

On Saturday June 26th I will temporarily shut down the forum for a major backup and upgrade.

I'll start this in the morning (my morning in Europe) and with any luck be finished later that day.

You'll see a message to that effect and I'll include a link in it to my twitter in case I need to provide any updates during the process.

The upgrade won't fundamentally change the forum but there will be some noticeable improvements I hope.

REGARDING THE LIBRARY OF DECKS:
The extension (something like an app) that I used to create the Library of Decks turned out to be not compatible with the new board version. This means I have to re-create the entire thing. BUT, I found a much better extension that will replace the old one which was super-wonky and made adding decks a real pain, which is why I didn't do it as often as I wished.

The new Library will not only be easier for me to use, and I think will look much nicer, be more flexible & work better on phones.

Rebuilding it means I have the chance to re-organise and re-think how it should be. I always imagined it as being a great resource and now I think I might be able to really achieve that.

Any suggestions or ideas you have are most welcome.

I can't start the re-build until after the upgrade so it won't be in place right away. I will of course start by putting in all the decks currently there before adding new ones.

So that's it. I hope it goes smoothly. I've created an offline version of the forum that has allowed me to practice and see and correct conflicts with extensions and such. The people (guys) on the tech support forums are totally sick of me but have been tremendously helpful and patient with me the past couple of weeks. I almost threw in the towel a few times but they eventually got through to me. I can do things now that a few weeks ago I never heard of or ever imagined I'd be able to understand.

It's kinda fun when it's working! (Totally NOT when it isn't!)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Forum Maintenance Scheduled

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi Everybody,

In the previous post I mentioned how one of the apps I use most for this forum isn't compatible with the upgraded version of the board.

I just realised another one is problematic, and I've found a new substitute/enhancement to get around that. And like the previous issue, the new way will work much better in many ways,

However, there is one change that the vast majority of you won't notice at all but the ones who do will probably be disappointed.

For at least the time being, the board style for everyone will default to "prosilver". I think about 98% of you use it anyway.

But for the people who have chosen others board styles (especially the pycode fans) this will be disappointing. I really can't do anything about it right now. It's a compatibility thing. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to offer board-style choices again.
And there will be other new features that might make up for it.

Everything is still on for this Saturday.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Good luck tomorrow!
(And as someone who works with online data, if something doesn't go to plan, I suggest a scone with jam and remembering that no one is in actual danger. That helps me.)
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rose Lalonde wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 19:04 (And as someone who works with online data, if something doesn't go to plan, I suggest a scone with jam and remembering that no one is in actual danger. That helps me.)
Brilliant advice. ❤️

Return to “News & Updates”