This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A Clean, Well Lighted Place

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

A Clean, Well Lighted Place

Post by Joan Marie »

I really appreciate you taking a minute to read this.

I ‘ll keep it short.

This forum is a lot of work. It also costs some money. I’ve racked my (admittedly pea-sized) brain for ways to make people think it’s worth kicking in a few bucks for the cause.

Some common ways that people who are, no doubt, a lot smarter than me approach it, is to do things like:
  • Limit access to certain areas of the forum to only those who pay
  • Limit privileges to certain forum features to only those who pay
  • Run random advertising all over the forum that only goes away for those who pay.
Those are all fairly compelling reasons to get someone to subscribe or back the forum. But see, I don’t want to do any of that.

I think anyone who becomes a member of this forum should have full access, full privileges and not have to be bothered with irrelevant advertising ever.

Consequently, it’s been a hard sell.

All I can offer you is the chance to show a little support in the form of a small contribution for which you will get nothing back except the feeling of having helped out a bit and having shown your appreciation for the effort it takes to bring this forum fresh to the world every day.

No one’s sincere effort should ever be thankless and yours will certainly not be. Your support is deeply appreciated and that appreciation shows itself every day in this ever-evolving Internet oasis of esoteric life and learning.

Whatever you decide is cool. You’re being here is contribution enough.

But please have a look at the New Backer’s Page. I’ve made several changes. Maybe you’ll see something that works for you.

Thanks!
sunny.gif
sunny.gif (313.23 KiB) Viewed 921 times
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Re: A Clean, Well Lighted Place

Post by Diana »

Excellent idea. Yes, this place is ours and we need to contribute to its upkeep. Like any other home. Joan Marie does the housework and we bring the cash so we can enjoy our food (contributions) at the party.

Joan Marie, it's not so visible, is it, on the home page of the forum where one should click to contribute. In fact, I looked for it but didn't find it!! I went through your link that you gave in your post. Maybe make it more prominent without being too in the face ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 05 Jul 2019, 13:53 Maybe make it more prominent without being too in the face ?
Thank you and yes, I should probably make it more low-key visible. 🌼
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks for reminding me Joan, I'll definitely be chipping in, I just have to figure a thing out first.

And Marigold's right, visibility is an issue. I understand that you want to be tactful but at the same time...
I believe in Crystal Light.

Return to “News & Updates”