This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The Jet-Lag Chronicles: Life at the Northwest Tarot Symposium

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Re: The Jet-Lag Chronicles: Life at the Northwest Tarot Symposium

Post by BreathingSince72 »

BlueStar wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 11:40
Joan Marie wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 15:50
I have many things I want to share with all of you, all kinds of things I picked up in my travels. I learned about the business of tarot, I learned to cast spells with cards, I learned all kinds of stuff and can't wait to start practicing, implementing and just talking about it all in different parts of the forum.
It all sounds so interesting, I would love to hear about what you learnt!
Hi There Joan,

I am with BlueStar on this one. I would love to hear more about this subject and perhaps share some things I know about the subject. It was really nice to meet you in person although I was sorry that you were ill. You managed to pack an amazing and healing journey into a very short period of time. How has it been being back at home?

Victoria
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

BlueStar wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 11:40 It all sounds so interesting, I would love to hear about what you learnt!
BreathingSince72 wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 16:13 I am with BlueStar on this one. I would love to hear more about this subject and perhaps share some things I know about the subject. It was really nice to meet you in person although I was sorry that you were ill. You managed to pack an amazing and healing journey into a very short period of time. How has it been being back at home?
Being home is nice but the jet-lag travelling east is worse for some reason. My sleeping is just chaotic. But I feel fine.
I'm so sorry I wasn't feeling better when we met Victoria, but I had such a nice visit. Thank you again for your hospitality and I'm glad you didn't catch anything!

I too am looking forward to sharing some of the stuff I learned. I'm sitting here with a pile of handouts and other materials I collected while there. One thing I want to get to soon is spell casting with tarot. That was really a fun exercise and so interesting. Lots of things to keep me busy here for sure.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Murray Porath
Seeker

Post by Murray Porath »

Joan:
Thanks for the picture of the Ouija bracelet you bought from us (Readings...And More!) at Northwest Tarot Symposium, and your reactions to my Tarot and Kabbalah: An Introduction. I agree: tough subject, thanks for also saying interesting. I hope the handout helped fill in some holes, gave you useful books for follow up, and that the penny eventually dropped.😃

Blessings,
Murray Porath,
Readings...And More!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Murray Porath wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 04:02 I hope the handout helped fill in some holes, gave you useful books for follow up, and that the penny eventually dropped.😃
Murray! so nice to hear from you and so glad you have joined us here. I was wearing my bracelet just last night, probably when you were writing this message!

I hope you have a chance to visit our Kabbalah section on the forum. One of our members, Nemia, has some amazing entries there. She has a really lovely and clear way of explaining things.

I commented recently that learning Kaballah, for me, has been enhanced by coming at it from different directions, different points of view and styles of presentation.

It would be wonderful if at some point you might be able to add to our forum and share some of your expertise and interest in Kaballah or any other topic.

In any case, welcome to Cult of Tarot!
-Joan
Murray Porath
Seeker

Post by Murray Porath »

Thank you, Joan.

I've looked at Nemia's Kaballah posts, and yes, she's brilliant and much too modest: she's a scholar; I say so; that settles it.

Of course, my opinion is based on how much I agree with her and she with me. We say a lot of the same things (yes, some of which she says better), use the same diagrams, etc. She knows the importance of the Shoresh שרש Root. (No, I didn't talk about Shoresh שרש at NW Tarot Symposium, but I talk a lot about it in my Hebrew for Kabbalists class [Hebrew For Fun And Prophets].) She even uses similar transliteration and translates Netzach נצח as Enduring, not Victory! I know only two other people besides her and myself who do that, and one of them is my big sister the Rabbi.

I left a post on her Forum
Murray Porath
Seeker

Post by Murray Porath »

Oops.

I left a post on her Forum conveying my respects. Most of it was in Hebrew 1) to establish my bona fides, and 2) I'm a showoff.

Murray Porath מדריך,
Readings...And More!

It is always a privilege to be of service.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Murray Porath wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 18:39 I've looked at Nemia's Kaballah posts, and yes, she's brilliant and much too modest: she's a scholar; I say so; that settles it.
This is nice to hear from someone such as yourself.

Nemia is taking a break right now, but when she returns I know your words will mean a lot.
Murray Porath
Seeker

Post by Murray Porath »

In my post I wrote that it's possible that she understands Hebrew better than I...and I wrote it in Hebrew to demonstrate that that is not necessarily a low bar. 8-)
anastasia
Seeker

Post by anastasia »

Joan Marie wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 12:55 ... There was also a very charming reader in the most astonishing and beautiful hat (sorry now I did not get a photo) named Anastasia. Later in the hotel bar, she and I perused the conference schedule together and are both having a difficult time deciding which workshops to attend ...
Hi Joan Marie!
So funny to come across this. Hope you'll be at NWTS 2020. So excited to say I'll be there ... and PRESENTING a class called "Jumping Timelines with Tarot". Anyway I had so much fun talking Tarot & LeNormand with you plus seeing the early edition of your Friar's Delight deck. Hope to see you in 2020!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

anastasia wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 01:56 Hi Joan Marie!
So funny to come across this. Hope you'll be at NWTS 2020. So excited to say I'll be there ... and PRESENTING a class called "Jumping Timelines with Tarot". Anyway I had so much fun talking Tarot & LeNormand with you plus seeing the early edition of your Friar's Delight deck. Hope to see you in 2020!
Jumping Timelines with Tarot sounds very intriguing.
I'm not sure if I'll make it to the 2020 event, but I hope I can. I had a really good time last year.

BTW- I took your advice and changed the card-back on my lenny deck from that very early iteration. You were so right about that, it did look like a counter-top sample. :lol:
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I must have missed all these wonderful compliments, what a pity! :lol:

I'd love to go to a tarot symposium or even meeting.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Nemia wrote: 10 May 2020, 12:32 I must have missed all these wonderful compliments, what a pity! :lol:

I'd love to go to a tarot symposium or even meeting.
I really would love to go to another. I think there is one in London that I'd like to check out. It really was so fun to connect with so many people whose names I know, whose work I've seen. Even if it's just a few words, it's so wonderful.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

It’s such a shame that the pandemic canceled this year’s NWTS. I live in Portland and would love to go. Hopefully I’m still in the NW in October of next year!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Merrick wrote: 10 May 2020, 15:12 It’s such a shame that the pandemic canceled this year’s NWTS. I live in Portland and would love to go. Hopefully I’m still in the NW in October of next year!
It went on this year, just by the skin of its teeth though. It was just a few days later everything started shutting down but I'm sure a lot of people had to cancel last minute as things were already looking bad. But NWTS 2020 did happen, I'm pretty sure.

But there have been several subsequent events all over that have been cancelled.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Joan Marie wrote: 10 May 2020, 16:01
Merrick wrote: 10 May 2020, 15:12 It’s such a shame that the pandemic canceled this year’s NWTS. I live in Portland and would love to go. Hopefully I’m still in the NW in October of next year!
It went on this year, just by the skin of its teeth though. It was just a few days later everything started shutting down but I'm sure a lot of people had to cancel last minute as things were already looking bad. But NWTS 2020 did happen, I'm pretty sure.

But there have been several subsequent events all over that have been cancelled.
Ah, my bad, you are right. I just missed it!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille

Return to “News & Updates”