This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

2 New Forums Opened

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

2 New Forums Opened

Post by Joan Marie »

I want to introduce 2 new sub-forums to the Cult of Tarot.

The first one is not actually so new.. When I first started CoT I had the idea to have a forum that was only for the use of Deck Creators. It was meant to be a place to discuss issues surrounding the creation, production, distribution and other trends around the business of tarot, focusing mainly on the Indie side of things.

Recently Benebel Wen made a whole series of posts at her blog about all the ins and outs of producing a tarot deck. i found the transparency refreshing and decided that these discussions should be open to everyone here as well.

I made a few adjustments and it is now open to all. It's called "The Indie Tarot Biz" and I look forward to everyone's feedback and contributions.

The second one is something I've been thinking about for a long time and have decided to bring it out. It's called " 78 Muses: Writing with Tarot"

This forum is for people to explore combining the craft of writing with the craft of tarot. There are writing exercises, spreads and discussion.

Of course both of these new forums will need some time to really get going so don't be shy to open threads or start discussions.

I would LOVE your feedback and suggestions. If we need to make adjustments later we can but for now I hope everybody has a look and has some fun with these new possibilities.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Re: 2 New Forums Opened

Post by Nemia »

This is so wonderful. You have created a totally unique forum with a strong emphasis on creative work. I'm just now re-reading Jessica Crispin's Creative Tarot and there are really endless possibilities to work with the tarot.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Goodness gracious me. This place just gets better and better. Thanks so much Joan Marie !
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Nemia wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 16:28 This is so wonderful. You have created a totally unique forum with a strong emphasis on creative work. I'm just now re-reading Jessica Crispin's Creative Tarot and there are really endless possibilities to work with the tarot.
I have to admit, I am pleased with how this side of things is developing here. Your Art Historian's Toolbox is another example of this direction.

Initially when I started the forum, I only had in mind deck creation as the artistic side of tarot. But of course there is so much more. There is writing, there is web design (look at all the blogs and tarot websites people have created) and there is also appreciation of all those things.

And then there are the podcasts. Fortune's Wheelhouse and Amateur Tarot apply so many varied skills and talents to what they create. And then there are all the youtube channels and...it just goes on and on.

There are so many tools available now and tarot just unleashes so much creativity, it's inspiring and just astonishing. I'm so happy to see this forum becoming a place to celebrate, support and encourage it all.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan-Marie, I have a question.

In the 78 Muses, Writing with the Tarot, is this also a place where we can post our "novelettes" or short stories or poems, or other such literary forms inspired by the Tarot ? Or is it better that these be kept on personal blogs outside of these boards ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 30 Jun 2019, 18:26 Joan-Marie, I have a question.

In the 78 Muses, Writing with the Tarot, is this also a place where we can post our "novelettes" or short stories or poems, or other such literary forms inspired by the Tarot ? Or is it better that these be kept on personal blogs outside of these boards ?
Yes, absolutely!

I just opened another section within that area called "Tarot Inspired Writings."

In addititon to what you suggested, it can also be a place where people can sort of test out any kind of historical other tarot study they might be working on. Or maybe you are working on a companion book for a deck and would like to test out parts?

Yes, lots of good possibilities.

Thanks!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Thank you so much !! I hope people will post lots and lots and lots of things. 78 to start with.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

this is awesome! just remembered to post in topic! :D

Return to “News & Updates”