This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Special Announcement about Cult of Tarot

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Special Announcement about Cult of Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

It's all in the latest newsletter.

You can see it here.

πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
Scanner
Seer

Re: Special Announcement about Cult of Tarot

Post by Scanner »

Hello,

I find that so sad.

Although I don't frequent this Tarot forum so often, I have never seen one of such a high quality.

It's a rare exception in a sea of esoteric bla bla bla .

I think it would be a great loss to shut the form down and delete all the posts. But as I understood it that's not gonna happen.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Nothing will be deleted (there's too much good stuff here!) and for as long as its feasible the forum will remain functional.

My hope is that my future project will in some way incorporate the forum. But I haven't worked it all out yet.

Thanks so much @Scanner for your kind words and for all your contributions and good energy. πŸ’š
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Dear Joan, you've worked so hard and made CoT a forum with the best ambience ever - it's sad to think of it ending - artists have always been made to feel welcome here, unlike some other places, and the quality of the discussions are second to none, but I can understand why you made that decision. The card of the day has always been my first visit every morning early, and your thoughtful words of wisdom will be a real loss. I'll keep popping in though - maybe post a haiku now and then - habits are hard to break.

All best wishes for your next venture, and thanks for everything. :green_heart:
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you @Pen !!
It's been so great to have you here.
Thank you for everything.

I'll be continuing "Today's Card" elsewhere and be sure to let you know when I do. πŸ’š
chowdmouse
Seeker

Post by chowdmouse »

I just saw your announcement on FB/ Alleyman group. Needless to say, my heart sank. I have been only an infrequent visitor (I do not have a healthy work/life balance). But though my logins have been sparse, this forum has been present in the back of my mind as a bit of an escape, a safe place, a bit of an anchor. A place filled with intelligent, mature, creative, "low-drama" normal people. I knew, when possible and when needed, I could drop in and peruse intellectual discourse served with a side of positive, friendly support. And of course, my favorite, reading β€œToday’s Card.”

And for that, I cannot thank you enough. I can only imagine how many hours it takes to manage and oversee all this, and I appreciate your labor of love. I certainly understand the need to move on when it is time.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed it will continue moving forward with the same spirit & it does not become a spam garden. And if you do eventually have to shut it down, I thank you for leaving up the content for historical purposes.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm learning that some people are not familiar with "Thanks for all the fish." Not wishing to be too misunderstood I'll explain. Thanks for all the fish is from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

At the end of the story, dolphins were now all leaving earth before it is destroyed to make way for an intergalactic highway or something.. On the way out they left a little message that ended with, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

I think it's considered a lighthearted farewell.
πŸ’šπŸ¬
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you so much @chowdmouse. I'm so happy that you and others found something here. It means a lot to me and I thank you for saying it.

I will make an effort to keep the spam at bay and allow the forum to remain live. It actually hasn't been a big problem here, just a little spate of it every now and then.

What I have in mind to start up at some point soon is a kind of space that people can visit, maybe just for a few minutes a day, but that will offer something interesting and new each day. Just a little pick-me-up kind of thing. It won't require any joining or participation or anything like that. Nothing taxing or with expectations from visitors. Just a place I can explore some things I've had in mind and for others to pop in and check out when they want.

I think that's something that will be better for me and more in line with what people might be looking for these days online.
devin
Sybil

Post by devin »

Thank you for all the hardwork over the last four years (it seems like longer to me) and I completely understand why you might feel the need to step away and do something else.

Still, it's sad, we need more places for (intelligent or otherwise) Tarot discussion, not less. CoT will be missed.

Just thinking, where else is there? The Cartomancy forum is so slow (the last time I looked, anyway) as to be effectively defunct. Even Tarot & Tea seems to have slowed down a lot over the last year or two, now predominantly consisting of some reading circles, unrelated chat and new readers asking questions.

I'm beginning to think Kris Hadar was on to something when he gave up Tarot and started chasing aliens instead.

Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks again and may the gods bless you in your future endeavours.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Just to say Thank You for All you did and keep doing for Tarot community! :D
Looking forward to see what your next project will be? :mrgreen:
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Thank you for all that you've done, Joan-Marie. I think forums are really difficult to make work these days, with social media consuming so much of the attention and discussion that would normally keep a forum alive. And there's some strong competition in the space. I like your idea of a drop-in page.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
devin
Sybil

Post by devin »

archimedes wrote: ↑11 May 2022, 00:39 ... there's some strong competition in the space.
Any tip offs or leads?
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Saw your newsletter today whilst clearing out an email folder, (something I rarely do).
Glad to have the chance to say good luck with whatever unfolds in your future,

... and who knows, maybe see you around the galaxy some time. ;)
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

It's sad to see you stepping away from the forum, but understandable too. Thank you for having created it in the first place, there aren't many good tarot forums around. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep a forum going, so thank you for everything you have done here! Best of luck for your future ventures too:)

Return to β€œNews & Updates”