This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Charlie Brown reads for Velvetina

Participants in the OCTOBER Learning Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Charlie Brown reads for Velvetina

Post by Charlie Brown »

Hi Velvetina,

I love it! You almost feel like a client at this point :) What can I do for you?
I believe in Crystal Light.
velvetina
Seer

Re: Charlie Brown reads for Velvetina

Post by velvetina »

Hi there Charlie!

I would like to know if I should offer lessons in tarot at my place of work. I work in an esoteric bookshop and I used to teach tarot in the past. I do get enquiries; I get them all the time but I always decline and direct people elsewhere. However, we've been making a few changes and I have wondered if it was time to start again?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I love it! I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

What should you consider when deciding whether to read tarot at the shop?

Stork - Bouquet - Clover
Stars - Heart - Clouds
Anchor - Tree - Tower

20181020_143911.jpg

I'm reading a little more holistically than I normally do. It feels right to the question and the array of cards.

The Heart falls at the center and there is a strong emphasis (4/9) on heart cards in the array. The main advice from the spread is that the issues aren't about whether or not you're qualified to do this, but how are you going to feel about doing it. Row 2 says "The direction of your feelings is clouded." You don't know whether or not you actually want to do this. That was pretty clear from your initial post. Doing it will definitely bring you in a little extra money (stork-bouquet-clover). That's good at first glance but the knighting patterns worry me, which I'll come back to later.

We see The Tower at the bottom right. I think this card primarily represents the store as an "official building" for the purposes of this reading. Secondarily, I also think it may represent you having to detach your feelings, keeping them somewhat isolated. I know that it can be a challenge for many store readers not to get drained from dealing with needy clients continually. The heart (feelings), tower, and tree (long-term, health, & long-term health) all touch the clouds from the left and/or bottom. That does add a bad air to the whole affair. As a whole, the bottom line is filled with very slow moving, heavy cards underneath a cloud. The cards themselves aren't really all that bad but, together, they don't portray a particularly vibrant energy. That's another reason why I think the ultimate message of this spread is about figuring out how you'll feel. Can you live with it being a fairly draining drag in exchange for a few extra bucks?

I don't really have a basis for saying this, but here's the feeling I was getting. Reading at the store is going to keep you there longer and by longer I mean past the point when you should be moving on. Take that with a big grain of salt, but I very rarely indulge in flights of intuitive fancy like this when I read, so that should tell you a little bit about how clearly the impression came to me. This feeling is rooted in the knighting, which, like I said before, it's the knighting that gives me concerns. As I understand the technique, knighting tells us what's "around the corner" for a certain card, where does it lead to. That having been said, it shouldn't override a clear meaning that comes from more direct reading techniques. We see you getting a little extra money (clover), but what does that money lead to? Clover knights to stars and tree, suggesting, perhaps, that the reading will become something of a long-term direction for you. We also can infer the idea of a long-term direction from column 1. That long-term stability we see in the anchor knights to the bouquet and the clouds. Yes, you'll have some nicer things but will getting them leave you under a cloud? The store itself (as tower) leads you to those luxuries (bouquet) and a direction for yourself (stars) but, of course, the whole enterprise is under a cloud.

Ultimately, I DO think the message is to examine your feelings and to think about how you're going to deal with it if it's a bit draining and lugubrious. I don't like the idea of it myself, but I don't think you should just take my word for it.
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Hello there :)

My question however was should I offer to teach tarot; I have been an established reader there since the early '90's.

Now, if you misread the question, please don't worry - I can ask again next month. If however you were thinking 'teach' and inadvertently wrote 'read' (if that makes sense) then I can use this answer perfectly well; it does make sense.

The shop used to run parallel to a business offering courses in all manner of esoteric and 'alternative' therapies; such as aromatherapy, clairvoyance, make-your-own runes etc. That side of the business ended when the original owner decided to semi-retire. That was a decade ago, and we still get requests to run such courses.
However, because I have done it in the past, I know what a hassle it can be - "the game's not worth the candle", as they say.

Your answer would certainly fit if you were addressing the teaching side of things. I am hesitant because I know from past experience how it can be time-consuming preparing the lessons, it can be frustrating dealing with difficult pupils and as far as the financial side of things goes, I would be charging very little; simply enough to cover the most basic expenses (heating, tea, biscuits!). So I wouldn't be doing it for the money!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sorry, I did misread the question. I thought it was about whether or not you should take on the role as shop reader. Now, I was explicitly asking about you expanding your role at the current store, so if you think that's close enough then I guess it is. Otherwise, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

No need to apologise whatsoever Charlie :)
I frequently misread things; only last week I read an advert about "ruining a pub" and couldn't understand why that would be a request - of course, it actually read "running a pub"!! Hahaha!

Return to “10 October Reading Circle: Learning Lenormand”