This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

October Lenormand Circle CharlotteK for Joan

Participants in the OCTOBER Learning Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
CharlotteK
Sage

October Lenormand Circle CharlotteK for Joan

Post by CharlotteK »

Hi Joan, what can I (attempt to) help you with? :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: October Lenormand Circle CharlotteK for Joan

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi Charlotte. I hope my question makes sense.

I have 3 projects that I am working on. All three are important to me and fit together in some way though they are definitely 3 separate projects entirely. I am having trouble prioritising and this is keeping me from making any real progress on any of them.

I wonder if you could do a reading that might give a general picture of what I should be prioritising at this time. (Knowing that may help me to organise my time better regarding these 3 projects.)

If that's too weird I can try again. :?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I'll give it a try though this spread is confusing :evil:
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Hi Joan,

Here is where I got to with your reading. I am using Andy B's book and am going through his suggested approach step by step so I'll just post your reading up this way. Please feel free to critique it as it unfolds. My Lenormand skills are frankly pitiful so I am not precious about anything I write :lol:

I let the central card fall randomly as he suggests (I.e. I didn't pick one out based on theme). And I do not see a significator for you here so I am not looking at any of cards in proximity to a significator, only to each other.
20181014_085308.jpg

1) 36. Cross
2) 28. Man
3) 01. Rider
4) 21. Mountain
5) 03. Ship
6) 20. Garden
7) 32. Moon
8) 24. Heart
9) 16. Stars

Dominance of suits: Hearts significantly outnumber any other suit and there are no diamonds, which would indicate no particular areas of stress or concern. Hearts deal with domestic affairs, daily life and immediate surroundings.

Main theme: in the central position falls the Ship / 10 of spades. Spades can show hopes for the future and future endeavours. The essence of the Ship is movement, including trade. So here we see the thrust of your enquiry - your aspirations for your business projects and enterprises.

What touches the Ship will describe the opportunities - in this case it is:
Man - a male figure
Mountain - obstacles and difficulties
Garden - the public sphere
Heart - love affection and happiness

The Four Corners: these describe the boundaries and overriding influences on your choice of business project:

Top left: Cross - hardship, fate and suffering. This is an overwhelmingly negative card and whatever touches it becomes burdensome and difficult. Touching it are Man and Mountain. So there are some big obstacles that are giving or could give you some grief. A Man is associated with this, and as the cross comes before both man and Mountain. Andy's insights around Cross falling before a person could suggest this is a man you have not seen for sometime or is a man you dislike. But it could also be a man that has some problems that will impact on you.

Top right: Rider - news - a positive card in and of itself but nature of the news is described by the cards around it. It's suit is hearts so it is likely to be news of a domestic nature. Here we have again Man and Garden. The news looks to be about a male figure and there is a public element to it.

Bottom Right: Stars - success and good luck in endeavours and projects undertaken. A positive card to have as a 'conerstone' in the spread. Next to it is Garden and Heart. So perhaps public success and happiness in relation to a project.

Bottom Left: Moon - accolades, fame and adulation. Again a positive card in relation to business projects and professional matters. However it is touched by the Mountain so this could mean that recognition will be hard to come by and there are barriers to overcome in your professional life.

Reading the rows: N.B. the top row influences the lower rows

1-2-3 - Cross - Man - Rider
A man with problems ends up in the news.

1-4-7 - Cross - Mountain - Moon
Difficult situation could get in the way of professional recognition.

4-5-6 - Mountain - Ship - Garden
There could also be obstacles to getting the business project out into the public domain.

2-5-8 - Man - Ship - Heart
The man that is influencing your business project I don't think is a love interest as the ship card comes between him and the heart. Is it a business partner or a man that is involved in the project that is closest to your heart?

7-8-9 - Moon - Heart - Stars
Recognition and adulation from those closest to you will help bring about success

3-6-9 - Rider - Garden - Stars
News that is made public relating to your success.

So in summary. The theme card was ship, which could be travel but as you asked about prioritisation of projects, I read this to be more about trade and business.

There seems to be a theme in the bottom part of the spread about success, public success, recognition and happiness. But in the top and right of the spread there are obstacles, difficulties, hardship and a man, possibly an acquaintance that is involved in the project you care most about and also possibly a man with problems?

I also read the diagonal and with Cross- Ship- Stars could see again a difficult situation impacting on your business success and with Rider -Ship - Moon, news about your project being tied to your personal and professional reputation.

I might do some more research about attendances and combinations etc and come back to this and post a bit more because I don't feel remotely confident I've read this accurately or answered your question!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi Charlotte.
Wow this is a lot of information. Thank you for all that work!
I need a chance to really consider it. It actually does make a lot of sense.

I asked about 3 projects and you've done a 3x3 reading so I think I need to apply the details of the projects to this information. I did not know there would be math!

After I ponder it some, I'll be able to give you more feedback.
Thanks so much.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

You know the question I asked was way too vague for you to be able to give me a definitive answer. Without any information on the 3 projects there's no way for you to apply what you see to an answer. And now that I sit here I wonder how I thought you could possibly have answered that.

So, bad question.

However, I can apply the information you gave me, since I do know the details.

Here's what I think. The 3 projects are all related and all need to be done. How to prioritise them is the wrong question.

What I think this spread is telling me is this:

The middle row is the work, the ship is a perfect central card and I think you are right to interpret it as trade. The Mountain and Garden tell me it will be difficult and lonely. This is true.

The top row, the man must be my boyfriend and our relationship is tested (the cross) at least in my mind by my focus on the projects, I do worry sometimes that I'm not super interested in running around with him like i used to and that I maybe don't seem like much fun.

Your interpretation of the bottom row,
7-8-9 - Moon - Heart - Stars Recognition and adulation from those closest to you will help bring about success,

gives me hope that it will be worth it. Rider-Garden -Stars is encouraging too.

So thank you for all your effort and sorry for asking such an impossible to answer question.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CharlotteK wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 10:30 A Man is associated with this, and as the cross comes before both man and Mountain. Andy's insights around Cross falling before a person could suggest this is a man you have not seen for sometime or is a man you dislike. But it could also be a man that has some problems that will impact on you.
I want to make one more comment about your reading that there is a man in the picture and maybe he is one i don't like, who is far away or who has problems. I know men that fit all of these descriptions. (One who fits all 3).

I just didn't see how any of them fit into this idea of my work, however, I may be in for a surprise. Or, this effect is one that is more "mental" than direct. In other words, could be affecting me in the form of a kind of "demon" causing me to sabotage myself, distract myself, doubt myself.

I had chosen to see "The Man" as the one who is closest to me in my day to day life, but he really didn't fit the description as you gave it, he tends really only to help and support me. I tried to shoehorn him into the reading, taking it literally as "the man in my life" but maybe it wasn't him at all but some other man who lives more in my head so to speak.

The more I consider what you've said, the more sense it starts to make.

Return to “10 October Reading Circle: Learning Lenormand”