This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Reading the Pips : Fictitious practice readings

Diana
Sage

Re: Reading the Pips : Fictitious practice readings

Post by Diana »

So as promised, I did the very first fictitious reading, using the order of the cards that AeonHorus had, i.e.

1. 2 Deniers
2. 7 Swords
3. 3 Deniers

No hearts in this spread. There's no sign of any romance. No sex either. This is something much more down to earth. The deniers speaks also of roots and family. The two becomes a three at the end. That's a bit worrying. There is a fly in the ointment. The third deniers has come to take a lot of place in the original two, which was just the guy and the gal. The 7 of Swords can be related to the Chariot VII. And therefore also the Star XVII. I don't know the reason for why the woman has reappeared in this man's life, but I don't think her intentions are very good. She's upset the balance. She's making the young man doubt his couple. He's probably be feeling in a bit of a rut (7 Swords and Chariot) and is dreaming of some kind of other paradise (7 Swords and Star). I think the woman may be on the scene due to some kind of financial issue or work related issue.

Whatever it is, things are a bit messy.

By the way, I read the Swords as a fire element.

I'd advise also the querent to put a bit of spark and romance into her relationship. The guy is starting to look elsewhere because there's not enough fire.

Some people say one shouldn't give advice to a querent. Just answer the question. But I think if one sees something that the Tarot is advising, it would be wrong not to share it.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Diana wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 14:55 So as promised, I did the very first fictitious reading, using the order of the cards that AeonHorus had, i.e.

1. 2 Deniers
2. 7 Swords
3. 3 Deniers

No hearts in this spread. There's no sign of any romance. No sex either. This is something much more down to earth. The deniers speaks also of roots and family. The two becomes a three at the end. That's a bit worrying. There is a fly in the ointment. The third deniers has come to take a lot of place in the original two, which was just the guy and the gal. The 7 of Swords can be related to the the Chariot VII. And therefore also the Star XVIII. I don't know the reason for why the woman has reappeared in this man's life, but I don't think her intentions are very good. She's upset the balance. She's making the young man doubt his couple. He's probably be feeling in a bit of a rut (7 Swords and Chariot) and is dreaming of some kind of other paradise (7 Swords and Star). I think the woman may be on the scene due to some kind of financial issue or work related issue.

Whatever it is, things are a bit messy.

By the way, I read the Swords as a fire element.

I'd advise also the querent to put a bit of spark and romance into her relationship. The guy is starting to look elsewhere because there's not enough fire.

Some people say one shouldn't give advice to a querent. Just answer the question. But I think if one sees something that the Tarot is advising, it would be wrong not to share it.
The Star is XVII not XVIII right :)

But why would you assimilate the 7 Swords to the Star ?
Numerologically speaking you should add up the numbers to form the base number so it would be the 16 The Tower which brings it back to a phallic symbol tearing down their relationship and creating a great upheaval :lol:

Anyway I do like the way you interpret the cards, it is a different style and quite unique. Very similar to Enrique although a little less simplistic.
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Love is the law, love under will.

The nature of Will is Love, and it is brought to fruition through Love.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

And as for this....
Load of rubbish!
People who look for a reading are looking for advice and answers to their problems. This is where the nature of ethics comes in, such as I don't do questions of health there are Dr's for that nor do I do questions about finances there are financial advisors for that. Then again I did know a friend of mine in Leeds who was a financial advisor and he would often do readings on stuff relating to money lol, but only to mates. He never read professionally but he did advise me to sell my house on the back of a tarot read he did for me and the year after I sold the market crashed in 2007...
I think with relationships most people are qualified to offer a little advice. Especially as you say "if you see something in the cards, then it's only right to say what you see!
Right ?
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 17:08

Numerologically speaking you should add up the numbers to form the base number so it would be the 16 The Tower which brings it back to a phallic symbol tearing down their relationship and creating a great upheaval :lol:

Anyway I do like the way you interpret the cards, it is a different style and quite unique. Very similar to Enrique although a little less simplistic.
Yes, I made a typo. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go and correct it.

The Majors in the Tarot have a clear pairing in decimals. There are some very obvious ones like Le Pape/The Devil; Le Bateleur/Strength for example. Also 17 has a 7 in it.

The adding up method that a lot of people use I've never found convincing. I think it became popular through anthroposophy when those ideas spread. Although of course numerology and adding up numbers is as ancient as our civilisation gets.

I prefer to associate the pairs (and sometimes also the multiple of fives). But I've nothing against your way of doing it. It also makes sense.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Diana wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 17:30
AeonHorus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 17:08

Yes, I made a typo. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go and correct it.

The Majors in the Tarot have a clear pairing in decimals. There are some very obvious ones like Le Pape/The Devil; Le Bateleur/Strength for example. Also 17 has a 7 in it.

The adding up method that a lot of people use I've never found convincing. I think it became popular through anthroposophy when those ideas spread. Although of course numerology and adding up numbers is as ancient as our civilisation gets.

I prefer to associate the pairs (and sometimes also the multiple of fives). But I've nothing against your way of doing it. It also makes sense.

Kool

Let's do an exchange in the next few days then if you would like with real questions and detailed feedback...
Waddaya say ?
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 17:16 I think with relationships most people are qualified to offer a little advice. Especially as you say "if you see something in the cards, then it's only right to say what you see!
Right ?
Be careful though AeonHorus. It must be advice from the Tarot, and not our own personal advice.

If we want to give personal advice, we must say something like "the reading is over. But if you like, as a friend or just someone who has a certain life experience on this issue, I could give you bit of personal insight and advice". It's better to separate the two. And only do the latter if one is really sure that what one has to say is valuable to the situation.

But if it's advice that one sees clearly in the Tarot, I'd say that's just obvious that one shares it.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Oh yeah Personal advice is not what I was talking about.
It's in the cards!
I don't say anything, I simply translate what the cards are telling the client in a way that is understandable to them.
C'mon that goes without saying surely!
I've been reading many years Diana and a few people have shot the messenger for getting messages that they didn't want to hear.
The cards say what they say. My personal preferences don't come into it!
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Desmond
Seer

Post by Desmond »

Greetings,

Here is a list of real questions that I compiled from an exchange group that might be useful here for practicing with the Pips.

——-

What are Ryan's feelings for me?

What does my financial picture look like in the next three months?

Who reaches out first, me or S (male)?

What advice does the spirit world think I need?

What skill do I need to do my job in the best way?

What's coming up for me in regards to future employment? What can you tell me about the environment?

I am thinking of sending a holiday card to an old crush (never dated) to break the ice? Will the result be love?

What's ahead for me professionally?

Will I go to Hyderabad for a wedding?

Will I have a partner and how will he be?

Does Shane feel like I'm coming on too strong?

What will happen with HW and my relationship?

Is someone I recently met interested in me or is it only my impression?

Will 2018 be more of the same or will it shake up my life progression?

I would like to know what the cards say about my present situation, the future, and some general advice.

I am looking to move into teaching first aid freelance, will it work out for me?

I made a change in my youngest daughter's school routine, how will this help us move forward?

Is this job I got offered today the right choice for me?

Is he the right choice for me?

What do you see coming up for me next week?

I would like to know why A and I have been unable to have a needed conversation.

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship for a year while he is studying abroad. Will we be able to make it?

Will I be promoted to manager at work by the end of the year or should I leave my job?

Why didn't my ex respond to my message?

Will I conceive this month, if not then when?

What is the general outlook on my online business?

Will I be celebrating with drinks this weekend?

Will I be able to earn a living within my current field of study?

Will my upcoming trip to Barcelona be emotionally and financially recharging or depleting?

What do I need to work harder at in my current career path and what will be the general outcome?

Will I see D at the festival and what does he think of me?

Will my ex change his mind and get back together with me?

How will the new store space work out for my business?

Will I find a job when I graduate from college in six months?

What is the real reason my friend contacted me after being silent for a few years?

Will RK contact me back and what was his reaction to the text I sent a few hours ago?

I want to obtain guidance for my spirituality path?

I went on a date last night with C, will it develop into a romantic partnership?

Is this property right for a couple and how will the energy affect them?

How can I have a conversation with a particular woman that will lead to a romantic outcome?

Will my ex-husband find true love so that we can have a permanent separation?

Is the man that offered me coffee in love with me?
DISCLAIMER: The imaginary solutions contained in the tarot intend to give you the means for sabotaging reality through poetic action only. Any reliance you place on such imaginary solutions for reasons other than poetical is therefore strictly at your own risk. (EE)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 17:43

Let's do an exchange in the next few days then if you would like with real questions and detailed feedback...
Waddaya say ?
Maybe one day, But soon will be the TdM March Reading Circle, and I'll have to find a question for that. One often has to rack our brains to find one, so I'll leave that racking of brains for that exercice. Also, there are still things to be tied up in this thread and I'd like to do more fictitious readings - taking some of the great examples that Desmond has provided. But if something comes up in the next few weeks for which I have a question, why not?

I've also recently decided to get a paid tarot reading from someone every month (Saturn Celeste), so she'll be covering for me too. I got one last month from her and was more than satisfied. It's more really private stuff that one can't do on public boards or at least, prefer not to.

Also I have to think a lot about this Study group I initiated about Reading the Pips. How to continue, if to continue, when and what. I think members are actually all pretty versed in how they read the pips and there are loads of books that speak about this, and that what I started up is redundant. Also probably boring for a lot of people, although it's not boring for me so I don't take that personally.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

Seems you started up a few groups on the TdM
Seems like some days that you "ARE" the Cult of Tarot to the point it feels like The Cult of Diana bwahahaha. I only see your name around in all corners ;)
Maybe your threads are redundant not because you are boring more (I think anyway) because you are way too rigid in your approach. Your way is the ONLY way and you won't budge unless you find a worthy adversary.
I remember trying to hit up a dead thread of yours on the reversals and you simply shot (or tried lol) me down in flames to the point where other member here even mentioned it. When people show enthusiasms for something maybe it is better you embrace that rather than telling them that how they interpret is shit or that their deck is the wrong colour because it doesn't conform to "your standard"!
You know in tarot there is NO Standard right.
Tarot is simply a system of many systems and what works for you maybe won't work for me and vice versa.
So maybe just chill out a little and more people may well feel a little more comfortable in conversing with you....

Just a thought from my recent observations of an outsider coming in ;) Maybe saying what others may well not dare say to you :D because you can come across a little scary :lol:

Yours peacefully
Aeon x
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

And that's advice from me not the Tarot ;)
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 04 Mar 2020, 01:46
You know in tarot there is NO Standard right.
Post edited. I had misunderstood the word "standard" so it didn't make sense at all. I'd mentioned the function of the journey in the Tarot and that the Tarot is a journey.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AeonHorus wrote: 04 Mar 2020, 01:46 Seems you started up a few groups on the TdM
It was sort of decided with Joan Marie end of last year that I'd start up a TdM Pips study group. It was a decision taken collectively.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Maybe we can all chill out a little bit. No one has to engage in ideas or approaches that aren't of interest to them.
I believe in Crystal Light.

Return to “The Pip Cards of Tarot de Marseille”