This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tarot and the language of the birds

Discussion of the symbolism, history and how to read with the Marseilles
Diana
Sage

Re: Tarot and the language of the birds

Post by Diana »

You open this new tread? (not knowing how to open a new one and still puzzling how to add pictures)
[/quote]

I would be glad to do it. In a couple of days though (will be more or less inactive on the boards for two days due to family obligations.)

Here's a useful page with video instructions how to add pictures and also other useful tips. app.php/video?mode=cat&id=1
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Desmond
Seer

Post by Desmond »

Marigold wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 07:12 I suppose you know that French surrealists (including Andre Breton) designed their own Tarot of Marseilles while being holed up hiding from the Nazis during WW2. I've been thinking of making a thread about this. The deck is gorgeous and the history behind it worth knowing about.
The Jeu de Marseilles is a terrific deck of cards and I was lucky enough to obtain a copy. You can find images of the principle cards at the playing card museum and the original drawings at the Andre Breton Archive.
DISCLAIMER: The imaginary solutions contained in the tarot intend to give you the means for sabotaging reality through poetic action only. Any reliance you place on such imaginary solutions for reasons other than poetical is therefore strictly at your own risk. (EE)
Desmond
Seer

Post by Desmond »

Here is the text on the deck from Breton’s Free Rein:

7C8CAE48-9736-456B-BAFD-9B63D6D471FA.jpeg
0AA8F6CE-0A77-424D-A3FF-389B15E28B67.jpeg
AEF9D723-2C3E-4BF9-B0D4-0E033718F6E0.jpeg
AEF9D723-2C3E-4BF9-B0D4-0E033718F6E0.jpeg (45.74 KiB) Viewed 1215 times

And from Alastair Brotchie’s Surrealist Games:

D94452CC-B3EB-4EEF-9C58-37DC333AA353.jpeg
DISCLAIMER: The imaginary solutions contained in the tarot intend to give you the means for sabotaging reality through poetic action only. Any reliance you place on such imaginary solutions for reasons other than poetical is therefore strictly at your own risk. (EE)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Great stuff Desmond. Thanks. One of our members has an avatar of one of the cards from the Jeu de Marseilles. We're in good company here. :)

If I thread gets opened one day on this deck, and I think it should, we'll have to include your input which is hugely valuable. Thanks so much.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “Tarot de Marseille”