This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Queen of Pentacles (RWS)

Here we discuss the workhorse of Tarot, The Rider-Waite-Smith deck.
Forum rules
Questions and topics specific to the Rider Waite Smith deck are discussed here.
archimedes
Sage

Re: Queen of Pentacles (RWS)

Post by archimedes »

I tend to see family growth in the aces and the three of cups, possibly three of wands, as well as to a lesser degree in the Empress, Sun, and QoP. I agree with others' reservations about the fertility thing - sure, it can be there in the Empress and Queen of Pents, but I don't think it's the dominant consideration in either of these cards. (I get tired of the god-goddess-child narrative TBH; it's like our culture just refuses to stop defining women as a life support system for reproductive organs. And I don't think childrearing is a good metaphor for other sorts of creativity, either. Anyway. Enough of that.)

The Pents for me are, as Earth and Coins suggests, generally about the material, practical, about skills, skilled work, labour, mastery, finance and income. The Queen of Pents then is about stewardship, mentoring, teaching, confidence. While she's concerned with material wealth, she's got it under control - not controlled by it (with the head of Baphomet on the throne providing a link to the Devil card there). Often here I see assets maturing but reserved.

Creatively she's in a good place; she's built her portfolio, her reputation, but is still very much working in that space.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.

Return to “The Rider Waite Smith Tarot”