This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

King of Wands (RWS)

Here we discuss the workhorse of Tarot, The Rider-Waite-Smith deck.
Forum rules
Questions and topics specific to the Rider Waite Smith deck are discussed here.
TheLoracular
Sage

King of Wands (RWS)

Post by TheLoracular »

My brain sees the YHVH corresponding with the King-Queen-Knight-Page in that order and can't unsee it, so in my personal paradigm this card is Fire of Fire, When it represents a person as an ideal, they are a visionary who's brought their dreams and ambitions to manifestation and have moved beyond personal satisfaction to freely contributing to a greater good of their choice. I point to Bill & Melinda Gates. While this card often applies in my readings to an adult man, I have had it represent female business owners, politicians scientists, doctors and other career-driven women. I feel like it represents a kind of success at ones own making that is an archetype we were taught to stereotype as masculine. I often see the King of Wands as the Magician who has taken on the responsibility of using his powers of transformation for a kingdom rather than himself alone.

The Lions and Salamanders on the back of his throne are elementally aspected. He wears the red of passionate intent supported with the green of formative grown and holds his staff lightly in one hand with his gaze not on it or the reader with an expression I interpret as interest in events taking going on off panel, poised as if he might possibly intervene.

By Myers-Brigg's personality type, the King of Wands is an extrovert (E), intuitive (N), thinking (T) and judging (J)? So “ENTJ”: the "natural born leader" personality, charismatic, confident, visionary, but sometimes too rational, competitive, or goal-directed at the expense of others.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons

Return to “The Rider Waite Smith Tarot”