This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Flaxen reads for Charlie Brown

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the SEPTEMBER Tarot de Marseille Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
Flaxen
Seer

Flaxen reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Flaxen »

Hello Charlie Brown,

Do you have a question or situation you’d like me to focus on for the reading?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Flaxen reads for Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

HI Flaxen,

After a somewhat dormant period, I'm looking to do more creative work in the coming months. I would like advice on what will be the most fruitful way to engage and develop my creativity.

Thanks.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Flaxen
Seer

Post by Flaxen »

Great! Will do the reading this weekend. :D
Flaxen
Seer

Post by Flaxen »

Hi Charlie,

Here is your reading focussing on how you can best develop your creativity. I’ve used the Noblet tarot.
843252DB-E494-46FC-BBC9-97C00004884E.jpeg

Thesis - Justice
Antithesis - Lamort
Synthesis - Le Soleil
Outcome - Lemperatrise
Quintessence - Lechariot

Starting with the quintessence, we can see that at the heart of this reading is an application of your will to move forward. The horses and the charioteer are all gazing in the same direction so there is a unity of purpose here. You’re in the driving seat and the conscious and subconscious desires are aligned. This is good as it makes progress much more likely!

The positive is that they are all gazing at the card which points out what favours you. Justice is not at first glance a card you would associate with creativity. She is rational, impartial and strives for balance. I notice how the pose changes from standing to sitting and the baton becomes a sword. One of your strengths is being able to weigh up your creative impulses and choosing one. Quiet reflection and rational analysis are present.

However, Death as the antithesis cautions that perhaps you are too ready to scythe away creative impulses. Death is also dispassionate, like Justice, and doesn’t much care if someone is important or rich. It may be that there are rich veins of creativity that you have killed believing them to belong to the past. The phrase that pops up is feeling something has gone past its allotted time and needs harvesting now.

The synthesis as the Sun is lovely as it brings to mind that some things need more sunlight to grow. Allow Justice to sit with and contemplate them a little longer - they need more time to grow before they can be harvested. This is also the only card with two people. Perhaps it would help to have a dialogue about your ideas - whether with someone else or as two part of yourself. A conversation between Justice and Death for example.
‘Hey, Death! I’ve got a really good idea and I’m just contemplating it for a while to see what I can do with it.’ ‘Forget about it, no-one wants paintings of streams in Winter. It’s all about the ice and snow.’
‘Oh, that is one perspective but Spring will be just a few months away and they might like the reminder!’

The outcome as the Empress brings back that idea of growth and expansion. There is creativity in her being but also the ability to give it form. She is able to turn that creativity into something practical and of use in the real world. The manifestation of the original impulse in the Chariot. She is almost a mirror of Justice - the sword is changed back to a baton and the scales become her shield. There is a clear, unapologetic acceptance of her power.

In summary, it would seem that the best thing you can do is to allow time for your ideas to fully ripen, contemplate them, allow them to bask in the sunlight by sharing them. Then, you’ll be able to bring them into practical focus more fruitfully. The right impulses are more likely to be given life rather than killed too quickly.

I hope this makes some sense to you. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Flaxen wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 09:18
The positive is that they are all gazing at the card which points out what favours you. Justice is not at first glance a card you would associate with creativity. She is rational, impartial and strives for balance. I notice how the pose changes from standing to sitting and the baton becomes a sword. One of your strengths is being able to weigh up your creative impulses and choosing one. Quiet reflection and rational analysis are present.
I was just telling Stronglove in this month's 3-card circle that I historically have a very swords-style approach to my creative work. A thorough rationale and the ability to balance things on a razor's edge have been known to apply.
However, Death as the antithesis cautions that perhaps you are too ready to scythe away creative impulses. Death is also dispassionate, like Justice, and doesn’t much care if someone is important or rich. It may be that there are rich veins of creativity that you have killed believing them to belong to the past. The phrase that pops up is feeling something has gone past its allotted time and needs harvesting now.

True, I haven't done much of anything following some significant reversals of fortune. The little bit of work I've been doing is almost completely divorced from any of the things I spent years developing to great success. You may be right that I'm too eager to say they belong to the past.
The synthesis as the Sun is lovely as it brings to mind that some things need more sunlight to grow. Allow Justice to sit with and contemplate them a little longer - they need more time to grow before they can be harvested. This is also the only card with two people. Perhaps it would help to have a dialogue about your ideas - whether with someone else or as two part of yourself. A conversation between Justice and Death for example.
The need for dialog also came up in my other reading, which was more about communicating that creativity, but ended up veering in that direction.
The outcome as the Empress brings back that idea of growth and expansion. There is creativity in her being but also the ability to give it form. She is able to turn that creativity into something practical and of use in the real world. The manifestation of the original impulse in the Chariot. She is almost a mirror of Justice - the sword is changed back to a baton and the scales become her shield. There is a clear, unapologetic acceptance of her power.
Those are interesting observations about how the Empress connects to the other cards and the wand-sword-wand thing. I must say, I don't feel like I have much power to accept. Perhaps that's where the sunlight comes in. The idea of getting Dame Justice out-of-doors does strike me with some resonance.

Thank you for the reading.
I believe in Crystal Light.

Return to “09 SEPTEMBER TdM Reading Circle”