This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Lenormand Circle Sept CharlotteK and Velvetina

Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: Participants in the SEPTEMBER Learning Lenormand Reading Circle: Use this space for your readings and interactions. Have Fun!
CharlotteK
Sage

Lenormand Circle Sept CharlotteK and Velvetina

Post by CharlotteK »

Hi Velvetina,

Do you have a question or theme for the reading?
velvetina
Seer

Re: Lenormand Circle Sept CharlotteK and Velvetina

Post by velvetina »

Hi Charlotte :)

I have recently found myself getting entangled with a much older lady. Initially, I enjoyed her company and conversations very much however this past summer she has had some real difficulties and as a result, I've helped her out in a variety of ways. Getting to know her has been interesting and alarming! She's had a fascinating life, but politically & philosophically we're poles apart.

I'd like to know if I should distance myself from her or continue with this potential friendship. She's very lonely and isolated, but I am beginning to understand why that is so! On the other hand I wonder if we could both benefit from knowing one another - I am not so naive as to expect I'll get her to change her mind in certain ways (although that would be lovely!) but she's had experiences that I can only read about.

So my question is (feel free to tweak it!) "Should I distance myself from Miss C.?"
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I'll give it my best shot this weekend 👍
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Hi!

Well here goes.

Whip-Lily-Man-Cross-Dog

So reading the cards as presented this looks to me like:

"Breakdown of a happy relationship with an older man causes grief and need for loyal friend."

Is she bereaved or divorced perhaps?

This suggests she is lonely - the Lily and Man are at the centre and then we have the whip and cross either side. The dog at the end I think is some one to talk to or some other kind of counselling. At the moment that is you fulfilling that function.

I didn't think that answered the question so i drew two more specifically asking if the dog was your role and I got woman-mountain - which in the context of the reading and dog I read as "woman who helps in times of difficulty"

I'm not entirely happy with the reading though, I'm still finding it so hard compared to Tarot.
20180924_090706.jpg

20180924_093517.jpg
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

First of all, what a gorgeous deck. May I ask which it is?

Now as to your reading: well you were absolutely spot-on in most ways. Her partner has left her (for the Church, not another woman!). He is actually younger than her, but in attitude, manner etc seemed much older. Her only "friend" is her dog (!) upon which she lavishes attention, cash, devotion. This was the case before he left, by the way.

My inclination for this reading is to say "leave her alone with the dog!" but my good-nature worries about her - a lonely, frightened old lady.
I wonder if woman+mountain might mean our relationship (I can't call it a friendship) will always be difficult. If I acknowledge that, then continue with the help & kind gestures, but don't expect her to change.

Thank you Charlotte :)

What's your question?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

velvetina wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 15:34 I wonder if woman+mountain might mean our relationship (I can't call it a friendship) will always be difficult. If I acknowledge that, then continue with the help & kind gestures, but don't expect her to change.
I would read it that way, for whatever it's worth.
I believe in Crystal Light.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Thanks both, that's really helpful.

So to revise the sentence it's something like "Failed relationship with man caused much pain and seeking out of a dutiful listener" clarified by " this is a woman who will always be difficult to be with".

Still not answered your question of should you or not but the cards do lean towards not getting more heavily involved than you are unless you are feeling particularly masochistic.

My question is whether my hours at work are going to work out for my family.
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Hi there Charlotte

Your question is "whether my hours at work are going to work out for my family."

I've pulled

The Man + The Key + The Ring + The Heart + The Cross

My initial thoughts are that your partner will be a huge help here.
However, I will break it down.

Man + Key = a man holds the solution
Key + Ring = the relationship is the solution, not the whole family.
The central card , the Ring, emphasises the relationship is the most important factor.
Ring + Heart = a loving, strong relationship.
Heart + Cross = a difficult situation, but love saves the day!

So, to answer the question - Your working hours have the potential to cause some difficulty for the family, however your loving relationship provides a solution.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Aargh, I'm late. So sorry!
velvetina wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 15:48 Hi there Charlotte

Your question is "whether my hours at work are going to work out for my family."

I've pulled

The Man + The Key + The Ring + The Heart + The Cross

My initial thoughts are that your partner will be a huge help here.
However, I will break it down.

Man + Key = a man holds the solution
Key + Ring = the relationship is the solution, not the whole family.
The central card , the Ring, emphasises the relationship is the most important factor.
Ring + Heart = a loving, strong relationship.
Heart + Cross = a difficult situation, but love saves the day!

So, to answer the question - Your working hours have the potential to cause some difficulty for the family, however your loving relationship provides a solution.
You got this absolutely spot on! My husband is indeed having to support and compromise a little bit. That has not been easy the last couple of weeks but he is having to pick up all the morning school drop offs so I can start early in order to finish early and he has to set off late for a work trip to do that which meant getting home late when he was tired. He wasn't happy about it but it helps we can talk and that we have a good relationship and he knows it's not easy for me either. What a great reading, thank you!
velvetina
Seer

Post by velvetina »

Thank you honey x

See you next month!

Return to “09 SEPTEMBER Reading Circle: Learning Lenormand”